2nd baby & engaging

Old September 7th 05, 02:01 AM
arachne

Default 2nd baby & engaging

i know most 2nd babies don't generally engage until labour, but when they do
engage early it doesn't mean labour is close does it? it could mean labour
is still many, many weeks away? and when they engage early, can they
"un-engage" again?

--
elizabeth (in australia)
DS 20th august 2002
#2 due 14th october 2005 (currently: 34 weeks)

"Worry is like a rocking chair--it gives you something to do but it doesn't
get you anywhere." -- Anonymous

Old September 7th 05, 02:08 AM
Jamie Clark

A-yup.

: )

--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Guest
Password

#2 due 14th october 2005 (currently: 34 weeks)

Old September 7th 05, 02:12 AM
arachne

"Jamie Clark" wrote in message
A-yup.

: )

sweet! thanks.
--
elizabeth (in australia)
DS 20th august 2002
#2 due 14th october 2005 (currently: 34 weeks)

Old September 7th 05, 03:12 AM
Ericka Kammerer

arachne wrote:
i know most 2nd babies don't generally engage until labour, but when they do
engage early it doesn't mean labour is close does it?

Nope.

it could mean labour is still many, many weeks away?

Yep.

and when they engage early, can they "un-engage" again?

Sure, though even if they stay engaged, labor
can be quite a ways off.

Best wishes,
Ericka
Old September 7th 05, 04:02 AM
arachne

"Ericka Kammerer" wrote in message
arachne wrote:
i know most 2nd babies don't generally engage until labour, but when they
do engage early it doesn't mean labour is close does it?

Nope.

it could mean labour is still many, many weeks away?

Yep.

and when they engage early, can they "un-engage" again?

Sure, though even if they stay engaged, labor
can be quite a ways off.

thanks erika.
--
elizabeth (in australia)
DS 20th august 2002
#2 due 14th october 2005 (currently: 34 weeks)

#2 due 14th october 2005 (currently: 34 weeks)

All mine have been engaged weeks before birth and stayed that way... but
this lil madam wants to be different.....

Andrea mom of 5 and waiting for our Girl due around 15th October.

Old September 7th 05, 09:51 AM
Anne Rogers

means nothing, and yes they can un-engage, more than one person examined me
and gave increasing amount of engagement during the week before Ada was
born, then on the evening before she was born, she was suddenly free again!
She stayed that was til I was fully dilated, the indication of which was not
the urge to push, but pain from her pushing my SI joints apart.

Anne

Old September 7th 05, 01:10 PM
Welches

"arachne" wrote in message
i know most 2nd babies don't generally engage until labour, but when they
do engage early it doesn't mean labour is close does it? it could mean
labour is still many, many weeks away? and when they engage early, can they
"un-engage" again?

If it helps antidotally, #2 for me engaged by 28 weeks. I went into labour
at 39 weeks.
Debbie

#4 was definitely engaged by 33 weeks. She was born at 38.5 weeks. I
keep telling you there is nothing to worry about

Cheryl
Old September 7th 05, 05:25 PM
Circe

"arachne" wrote in message
i know most 2nd babies don't generally engage until labour, but when they
do engage early it doesn't mean labour is close does it? it could mean
labour is still many, many weeks away? and when they engage early, can they
"un-engage" again?

My second was engaged at 34 weeks and came at 39w2d. All of mine engaged
well before labor (even #3) and stayed that way, but I always had to wait
quite a number of weeks between initial engagement and giving birth.
--
Be well, Barbara