OT clothes sizes and shopping

Old May 28th 07, 07:34 AM posted to misc.kids
Anne Rogers[_2_]

Default OT clothes sizes and shopping

Does anyone know what size PM (petite medium) is in real sizes? I finally
found some trousers I liked today and this was there size. Also, does anyone
know any shops which have stuff in this sized, that is shaped for real
women, not women without hips! I'm fed up of trying things on that fit up to
about half way up the hips, then just go straight up leaving a huge gap all
the way around the waist. The two brands I bought today were Great
Northwestern Clothing Company and Notations, so somewhere that stocks those
would be helpful.

Cheers

Anne

Old May 28th 07, 01:53 PM posted to misc.kids
Sue

"Anne Rogers" wrote in message
Does anyone know what size PM (petite medium) is in real sizes? I finally
found some trousers I liked today and this was there size. Also, does
anyone know any shops which have stuff in this sized, that is shaped for
real women, not women without hips! I'm fed up of trying things on that
fit up to about half way up the hips, then just go straight up leaving a
huge gap all the way around the waist. The two brands I bought today were
Great Northwestern Clothing Company and Notations, so somewhere that
stocks those would be helpful.

JC Penney has petite sizes for women, as does Sears brand Lands End. Higher
end department stores like Macy's would probably have what you are looking
for. I am short, but I do find a lot of things at Kohls that fit me.
--
Sue

Old May 28th 07, 02:38 PM posted to misc.kids
Ericka Kammerer

Anne Rogers wrote:
Does anyone know what size PM (petite medium) is in real sizes? I finally
found some trousers I liked today and this was there size. Also, does anyone
know any shops which have stuff in this sized, that is shaped for real
women, not women without hips! I'm fed up of trying things on that fit up to
about half way up the hips, then just go straight up leaving a huge gap all
the way around the waist. The two brands I bought today were Great
Northwestern Clothing Company and Notations, so somewhere that stocks those
would be helpful.

Sorry, but sizes just don't tend to be universal.
Often, a "medium" is supposed to be somewhere 6-8 or 8-10
range, but different places do it differently, and frankly,
the numerical sizes aren't always consistent either. I
find that you just have to patiently go around and try on
scads of clothes until you find brands and stores that work
for you. Then go there a lot ;-)

Best wishes,
Ericka
Old May 28th 07, 06:05 PM posted to misc.kids
Anne Rogers[_2_]

Sorry, but sizes just don't tend to be universal.
Often, a "medium" is supposed to be somewhere 6-8 or 8-10
range, but different places do it differently, and frankly,
the numerical sizes aren't always consistent either. I
find that you just have to patiently go around and try on
scads of clothes until you find brands and stores that work
for you. Then go there a lot ;-)

bother! I hate shopping, but things were getting desparate, I'll probably be
ok for summer now, but I've nothing for winter, everything is either worn
out or too big.

Anne

Old May 28th 07, 06:27 PM posted to misc.kids
Ericka Kammerer

Anne Rogers wrote:
Sorry, but sizes just don't tend to be universal.
Often, a "medium" is supposed to be somewhere 6-8 or 8-10
range, but different places do it differently, and frankly,
the numerical sizes aren't always consistent either. I
find that you just have to patiently go around and try on
scads of clothes until you find brands and stores that work
for you. Then go there a lot ;-)

bother! I hate shopping, but things were getting desparate, I'll probably be
ok for summer now, but I've nothing for winter, everything is either worn
out or too big.

Think of it as an investment. You invest your time
now to figure out what shops work for you, and then you get
a decent run of time where you have a very short list of places
to shop when you need something. I have it down to a small
handful of "go to" stores that satisfy most needs for me.
I'll occasionally shop recreationally elsewhere, but if I
need something *now* and don't have much time, I know where
I'm likely to find something. Also, if I find something that
really works well, I'll get multiples.

Best wishes,
Ericka
Old May 29th 07, 03:39 AM posted to misc.kids
JennP.

"Anne Rogers" wrote in message
Does anyone know what size PM (petite medium) is in real sizes? I finally
found some trousers I liked today and this was there size. Also, does
anyone know any shops which have stuff in this sized, that is shaped for
real women, not women without hips! I'm fed up of trying things on that
fit up to about half way up the hips, then just go straight up leaving a
huge gap all the way around the waist. The two brands I bought today were
Great Northwestern Clothing Company and Notations, so somewhere that
stocks those would be helpful.

I would say a petie medium would be around an 8-12. It can really vary so
you have to kind of ignore the sizes and try a couple of sizes of whatever
item you are looking at. HTH

JennP.

Old May 29th 07, 02:49 PM posted to misc.kids
dkhedmo

Lands' End carries lots in a petite cut for pants and tops. Here are the
sizing charts for Lands' End.
http://www.landsend.com/cd/fp/help/0...92057 4128090
Lands' End I've always found their sizes to be consistent from one item
to another, as opposed to shopping in the store, where all the different
brands are sized differently.

That said, I had Saturday "off" to spend the day shopping. I had some
Mother's Day and birthday money to spend, and I was desperate for pants.
I spent literally a few hours in and out of the dressing room with
heaps of pants, but eventually was successful at finding much more
available than I expected, as I wear a large size but in a petite
length. I went home with 8 pairs of pants in various styles. I shopped
in Kohl's, where I have had a lot of success recently finding both
dressy and casual outfits, and often on a very good sale. The brands Lee
and Dockers had petite lengths in many sizes and styles.

Karen

Old May 30th 07, 02:01 AM posted to misc.kids
Anne Rogers[_2_]

Lands' End carries lots in a petite cut for pants and tops. Here are the
sizing charts for Lands' End.
http://www.landsend.com/cd/fp/help/0...92057 4128090
Lands' End I've always found their sizes to be consistent from one item to
another, as opposed to shopping in the store, where all the different
brands are sized differently.

well that explains why things keep being too big, I've simply not bothered
trying on anything less than an 8, or a Small (in normal not petite ranges).
But according to Lands End, I'm a 4 on the top and a 2 on the bottom, which
kind of freaks me out, I've lost weight, but I'm not skinny.

I'm tempted to try and order some stuff from Lands End, I think in the UK,
they were catalogue only, but mostly out of my price range, but then they
charged roughly the same in pounds as they do in dollars, so looking at the
prices on the website they seem reasonable.

Cheers

Anne

Old May 30th 07, 02:07 AM posted to misc.kids
Anne Rogers[_2_]

Think of it as an investment. You invest your time
now to figure out what shops work for you, and then you get
a decent run of time where you have a very short list of places
to shop when you need something. I have it down to a small
handful of "go to" stores that satisfy most needs for me.
I'll occasionally shop recreationally elsewhere, but if I
need something *now* and don't have much time, I know where
I'm likely to find something. Also, if I find something that
really works well, I'll get multiples.

To be really honest, I don't think in my life I've ever tried on a pair of
trousers that I've wanted more than one of - and though it's not a hobby
I've spent enough time shopping that I don't think that is for what of
looking. I can find tops really easily, other than being fractionally narrow
in the shoulders, I'm pretty normal size and proportions. Down below I'm a
classic pear, which obviously many women are, but the clothes in the shop
don't seem to reflect that. I also vastly prefer waist high stuff, partly
because my hip and pelvic problems don't tolerate low waisted stuff well and
partly because despite a relatively flat tummy, I drew the short straw on
the genetics of stretch marks and they are horrendous! I can sew, though
I've barely touched on dressmaking, it's becoming more and more tempting!

Cheers

Anne

Old May 30th 07, 07:14 PM posted to misc.kids
deja.blues[_2_]

"Anne Rogers" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Lands End is owned by Sears, so if you have a Sears nearby you can go there
and actually try them on.

Maternity Clothes shopping in DC? cjra Pregnancy 4 February 23rd 06 11:53 AM
Kids Sizes??? Help! KR General 6 December 14th 05 02:11 PM
Shoe sizes - mathematically impossible John General 7 September 3rd 04 06:40 AM
Clothes Sizes Pig Pregnancy 4 October 13th 03 04:21 AM