dentist visit story

Old November 14th 03, 06:11 PM
GandSBrock

Default dentist visit story

I just wanted to share. I took Jake to the dentist yesterday to get a filling.
He had a hole in his tooth from the way it was formed, no cavity yet, but they
wanted to fill it. So anyway, this is his second filling. He did awesome!!
He jumped right up on the chair and didn't cry one bit and cooperated fully! I
didn't even have to sit with him! Not only that, they gave him a little hand
mirror and he watched the whole thing (except the needle part - the dentist's
arm got in the way - probably on purpose!). He watched the drilling, the
filling, - everything! He would move that little mirror so he could get a
better view. I was stunned! The receptionist said that some kids feel better
if they can see what's going on. Meanwhile, my DH wouldn't even be able to
handle being in the same room while it's happening to Jake. LOL!

I'm so proud of him. What a trooper!

Stephanie
Jake and Ryan 9/3/99
Old November 14th 03, 10:17 PM
Andrea

That's great Stephanie! Jake did much better than I would have. I can't
stand having anything done to my teeth, especially a filling....yikes! He's
much braver than I am.

Andrea
twin girls-Madison & Jordan
3/22/00

Old November 15th 03, 09:56 PM
Twinzmommie

Yeah Jake! Way to go!

Give the Jakester a High Five from me!

Michelle
Mommy to Riley Claire & James Michael
A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/twinzmommie/myhomepage/brag.html"Michelle's
Little Sweeties/A

Old November 15th 03, 09:56 PM
Twinzmommie

Old November 17th 03, 11:34 PM
Ellen Kmetz

Wow, Stephanie, I am impressed! I cannot even tell you how much I dread
Bradley's first dental visit. I will be putting it off as long as possible.
My next door neighbor has her son sedated because he freaks out so bad and I
can see us doing that. When we try for a haircut he has a complete MELTDOWN.

Anyway, good for Jake. I hope it works for us at the same age

Ellen
--------
Erin 6/26/95
Bradley & Alex 10/5/00

Old November 17th 03, 11:41 PM
KimandJuan

Default haircuts

When we try for a haircut he has a complete MELTDOWN.

Speaking of haircuts... Today on Oprah they mentioned that www.supercuts.com
has 50% off coupons. I thought it would be great for kid cuts.

~Kimberly
Mommy to Alexis Iliana 07/17/99 and
Emma Elidia & Aislyn Gabriela 10/01/02
come see us...