Domestic Violence

Old June 25th 03, 08:27 AM
Father Drew

Default Domestic Violence

I saw Dave and TeacherMama discuss it briefly in a thread below. This is
the number one thing that men in my area lose their kids over, false claims
of DV. Here in AZ, the Arizona Coalition Against Domestic Violence put out
a report that was so offensive I don't know where to start. They said in
70-something percent of cases, abusive men get sole custody. After further
research, we found that this was based on their data of collecting 39 cases,
one of which goes back 20 years. Needless to say, they hand picked 39 cases
that would fit their criteria, and they still couldn't hit 100%.
I have written to them about this, even talked to the head honcho, a femme
nazi attorney named Dianne Post who claims the data is real. She offered me
the paper trail which I said I would gladly accept, only requested that they
re-publish the report if I shot holes in it with fact. She never sent me
the data. Fortunatley, Judge Armstrong saw the obvious unethical and
immature collection of data and publically dismissed it as non-scientific to
say the least.
I know we are all in different states, but I would encourage you to check
this site out and see how offensive it is to men. Even the logo itself is a
woman icon. It has NOW written all over it. Feel free to email them and
let them know how the site makes you feel on a personal level.
We all know DV is wrong, we are all against it, but these women have an
agenda that isn't so hidden. Too bad, because there are real claims of DV
going on that won't be taken seriously because of them.
http://www.azcadv.org/

-Drew

Old June 25th 03, 07:13 PM
Freedom

Happens here too. They stretch the dad out in time, taking their good ol'
time to get to hearing. And then the judge says: "the kids don't know you
anymore, mom gets custody, and by the way all charges of DV are hereby
dropped".

I've heard 2nd hand testimony that the DV centers here, tell the women
coming in they WILL file charges, even if that is NOT why they are there.

Old June 25th 03, 09:24 PM
Freedom

I don't doubt that someone will pick up this "report" and run with it.
The
first time it gets a nod of approval from any court, it will be very
difficult to undo the damage.

Very important to pass the message around that men must fight DV's
vigorously at the time it is applied / filed for. Failure to do so falls
into their trap.