10 Months is the Perfect Age

Old November 29th 05, 10:35 PM posted to misc.kids

Default 10 Months is the Perfect Age

DD is 10 months old. She's my first and in my expert opinion, 10
months is the perfect age! smile She crawls well enough that I
don't have to worry about her getting hurt. She hasn't started to pull
up yet so I don't have to worry about falls. She thinks everything
that I do is hilarious. Any household item that I hand her is the best
toy in the world. She only crys when something is wrong and a funny
face usually makes her stop. She can't talk yet so she can't mouth
off. I choose her clothes so I don't have to worry about her dressing
like those awful teenage girls I see in the mall. If she gets hungry
when we are out, I just hand her a cracker.

What's your perfect age?

Mandy (whose very in love with her baby girl today)

Old November 29th 05, 11:02 PM posted to misc.kids

wrote in message
oups.com...
DD is 10 months old. She's my first and in my expert opinion, 10
months is the perfect age! smile She crawls well enough that I
don't have to worry about her getting hurt. She hasn't started to pull
up yet so I don't have to worry about falls. She thinks everything
that I do is hilarious. Any household item that I hand her is the best
toy in the world. She only crys when something is wrong and a funny
face usually makes her stop. She can't talk yet so she can't mouth
off. I choose her clothes so I don't have to worry about her dressing
like those awful teenage girls I see in the mall. If she gets hungry
when we are out, I just hand her a cracker.

What's your perfect age?

I don't know, but #2 is 10.5 months old, so I'm experiencing
much the same, with some slight variations. Aside from the pain
of some teeth coming in, it certainly is a good time. ;-)

P. Tierney

Old November 30th 05, 12:00 AM posted to misc.kids

In article . com, MsLiz says...

wrote:
DD is 10 months old. She's my first and in my expert opinion, 10
months is the perfect age! smile She crawls well enough that I
don't have to worry about her getting hurt. She hasn't started to pull
up yet so I don't have to worry about falls. She thinks everything
that I do is hilarious. Any household item that I hand her is the best
toy in the world. She only crys when something is wrong and a funny
face usually makes her stop. She can't talk yet so she can't mouth
off. I choose her clothes so I don't have to worry about her dressing
like those awful teenage girls I see in the mall. If she gets hungry
when we are out, I just hand her a cracker.

What's your perfect age?

Mandy (whose very in love with her baby girl today)

I have to be honest...until about age 3, mine was perfect :-) At age
11, she is making up for lost time. I envy you right now :-(
ENJOY!!!!

I'm amazed how much I'm enjoying my 13 year old. I thought this age was all
about attitude, rebellion, and snoot. And no more hugs.

It's just no more hugs in *public*

Banty (*although*, I get the same feeling about thinking two was easy, then
hitting three!)

Old November 30th 05, 12:45 AM posted to misc.kids

What's your perfect age?

My oldest is almost 4, and I haven't decided yet! She's still a
sweetheart and super easy going, maybe our personalities just mesh
really nicely. My ds is almost 2, and he's a real sweetie too...
I think if you just really enjoy your kids, then they'll always be a
good age. Although...I didn't really like them that much up until 6 or
7 months old or so. Loved them of course, but didn't enjoy that 'baby'
stage.

Stasya

Old November 30th 05, 02:09 AM posted to misc.kids

What's your perfect age?

My mom said she'd like a child that was 3 months old all the time.
Not so tiny anymore, so they can smile and interact, but they still
stay where you put them. I told her that if she wanted that in
grandchildren then she should have had more than two kids.

I don't know that there is a perfect age, myself and I think it varies
maybe according to the kid.
grandma Rosalie
Old November 30th 05, 04:36 AM posted to misc.kids

wrote in message
oups.com...
DD is 10 months old. She's my first and in my expert opinion, 10
months is the perfect age! smile She crawls well enough that I
don't have to worry about her getting hurt. She hasn't started to pull
up yet so I don't have to worry about falls. She thinks everything
that I do is hilarious. Any household item that I hand her is the best
toy in the world. She only crys when something is wrong and a funny
face usually makes her stop. She can't talk yet so she can't mouth
off. I choose her clothes so I don't have to worry about her dressing
like those awful teenage girls I see in the mall. If she gets hungry
when we are out, I just hand her a cracker.

What's your perfect age?

Mandy (whose very in love with her baby girl today)

I can assure you that your opinion *will* change. Ten months is a mere drop
in the bucket of parenting!

I happen to particularly like 8-9-10 year olds. My youngest son is eight.
At that age, boys and girls are mostly much on even footing size and
maturity-wise, there's no constant supervision /toddler trauma/imminent
danger, nor teenage angst/hormonal horrors/puberty drama and moodiness.
They are settled in school, can read and write, and tend to *love* school
..Those years are pretty much the Golden Years of Childhood. My
eight-year-old is funny, artistic, sensitive but manly in his own way, and
very devoted to me.

My 12-year-old is totally cool. He's cute, funny, smart, witty, goofy,
unselfconscious, and only sometimes picks on his little brother. :-) He acts
all slick around his friends but is really a pussycat.

I have a 16-year-old as well, and he's awesome . Smart, funny, handsome,
more than a foot taller and 100 lbs heavier than me, loves the same music as
we do (I've already taken him to a few rock concerts). He's my bodyguard and
bouncer.

It's so cool to see them grow up and get a glimpse of the adults they will
become. I never miss the baby days!