Early Kindergarten or not?

Old March 31st 04, 07:52 AM
Rupa Bose

Default Early Kindergarten or not?

toto wrote

Howdy, Rupa. Good to see you still around.

Don't know if you were here for *my* news. I have a granddaughter
who is 20 months old now and a grandson on the way (due any day
now - my dil will be induced Thursday, if nothing has happened by
then).

Also do you know about the test group misc.kids.family-life that
is being hosted on news.gweep.ca? If you are interested, you
would be a welcome addition to that board as well.

Congratulations! All the fun without the fuss?

I had stopped visiting here - combination of my kids growing up and
the Invasion of the Spank-Debaters. I'm glad I dropped in. Not sure
I'm ready to take on any new boards right now, but thanks for the
invitation!

Rupa
Old March 31st 04, 10:39 PM
Rupa Bose

Banty wrote

Good to know your daughters are doing well.

(Actually, a daughter and a son...)

How's your son?

He's eleven (ohmygosh) and in junior high. He would build airplane and ship
models all day if I let him. Hey, beats video games I guess...

Banty

He sounds great!

Definitely beats video-games...though my son wouldn't think so!

Rupa
Old April 1st 04, 08:59 PM
Banty

In article , Rupa Bose says...

Banty wrote

Good to know your daughters are doing well.

(Actually, a daughter and a son...)

:::blush:::: sorry..

How's your son?

He's eleven (ohmygosh) and in junior high. He would build airplane and ship
models all day if I let him. Hey, beats video games I guess...

Banty

He sounds great!

Definitely beats video-games...though my son wouldn't think so!

My son has video games (including game boy), but doesn't seem to get addicted to
the games. He'll play them; he'll trade tips with friends and go on websites
with tips, but he seems to be able to put it down and that's that for awhile.
Hopefully it will stay that way.

Cheers,
Banty

Old April 5th 04, 12:13 AM
Robyn Kozierok

In article ,
Rosalie B. wrote:

However, my college roommate was a Ford scholar and she entered
college at 15, and this did make things a big difficult she said
because when everyone was sitting around 'finding themselves', she
wasn't ready to do that yet and thought they were a bit silly.

A number of colleges now have special programs for very young
entrants that provide a peer group of other younger students and also
some extra adult guidance. It does seem to me that all the kids I knew
who were more than two years younger than their classmates in college
did have adjustment issues of some kind or another, though most did just
fine after an initial adjustment period. But a little extra support
and some same-age peers might have made things less rocky.

Robyn (mommy to Ryan 9/93 and Matthew 6/96 and Evan 3/01)
--
"Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to
work hard at work worth doing." -- Theodore Roosevelt