Aspartame

Old November 15th 06, 01:23 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,talk.politics.medicine,alt.support.diabetes,misc.kids.health
Jan Drew

Default Aspartame

http://www.nancymarkle.com/lowry/

http://www.nancymarkle.com/lowry/con...adictions.html

my other hobby (time-waster in a big way is more like it) is lurking around
the
Internet, annoying people who engage in the dissemination of bozo-science
medical advice. My favorites are the "NutraSweet causes brain cancer" folks
and
those who would have us believe that milk causes diabetes. I could claim
it's
my duty as a high-falutin' medical professional, but really it's just my
natural pugnacious tendency."

So, it is clear that there are no altruistic motives here. It is simply a
game
he is playing, and he admits that he does so simply from a desire to fight
with
people (that is what pugnacious means). This statement also shows that he
has
no qualms about bragging over his antisocial nature in a forum where he
thinks
he might impress people. It seems a little silly, to say the least.

"Use my letters all you want. I say nothing of which I am ashamed and
nothing
I would not repeat in any forum. However, be aware that I'll sue the [
expletive deleted ] out of you if you so much as misplace a semicolon when
quoting me. I am not nearly as squeamish as Mr. Raetz when it comes to
getting
down in the mud, and I think you'd better take this warning to heart. [see
footnote]*

His posturing there will stand in sharp contrast to the bragging he has done
on
his home page, wherein he states that:

Opps, it's gone.

Hi there, I thought you might wish to know that I have sent "Dr Lowry" the
following, it seems he is a bit short of medical evidences!

Arthur

Dear Dr. Lowry, please find attached a report by Joanna Clarke, BSc. AIBMS
MIBioI. CBiol.

I have appended her references below, as you seem to be a bit short on
medical evidences that aspartame is harmful.

Hope this helps

Arthur McBryan
www.readthelabel.org.uk

REFERENCES

1. Blundell J. E. and Hill A. J., Letter to the Editor, Lancet, 1986, 1092-3

2. Blundell J. E., Hill A. J. and Rogers P. J., Effects of Aspartame on
Appetite and Food Intake, in 'Dietary Phenylalanine and Brain Function',
Ed. R. J. Wurtman and E. Ritter-Walker, 1988, Birkhauser

3. Brown, Catherine, Sweet talking guise, Glasgow Herald Magazine, 22nd May
1999

4. Cabellero H. and Wurtman R. J., Control of Plasma Phenylalanine Levels,
in 'Dietary Phenylalanine and Brain Function', Ed. R. J. Wurtman and E.
Ritter-Walker, 1988, Birkhauser

5. Drake M. E., Letter to the Editor, Lancet, 1986, 631

6. During M. J., Acworth I. N. and Wurtman R. J., An In Vivo Study of
Dopamine Release in Striatum: The Effects of Phenylalanine, in 'Dietary
Phenylalanine and Brain Function' , Ed. R. J. Wurtman and E. Ritter-Walker,
1988, Birkhauser

7. Elsas L. J., Letter to the Editor, NEJM, 1988, 318(18), 1201

8. Elsas L. J. and Trotter J. F., Changes in Physiological Concentrations
of Blood Phenylalanine Produce Changes in Sensitive Parameters of Human
Brain Function, ,in 'Dietary Phenylalanine and Brain Function', Ed. R. J.
Wurtman and E. Ritter-Walker, 1988, Birkhauser

9. Eriksson T. and Carlsson A., Adrenergic Influence on Plasma and Brain
Concentrations of Phenylalanine and Other Large Neutral Amino Acids in
Rats, in 'Dietary Phenylalanine and Brain Function', Ed. R. J. Wurtman and
E. Ritter-Walker , 1988, Birkhauser Boston

10. Fernstrom J. D., Effects of Aspartame Ingestion on Large Neutral Amino
Acids and Monoamine Neurotransmitters in the Central Nervous System, in
'Dietary Phenylalanine and Brain Function', Ed. R. J. Wurtman and E.
Ritter-Walker, 1988, Birkhauser

11. Filer L. J. and Stegink L. D., Effect of Aspartame on Plasma
Phenylalanine Concentration in Humans, in 'Dietary Phenylalanine and Brain
Function', Ed. R. J. Wurtman and E. Ritter-Walker, 1988, Birkhauser

12. Gold, Mark, Aspartame Toxicity Information Centre (12 East Side Drive,
2-18 Concord, NH 03301, USA) http://www.holisticmed. com/aspartame/

13. Guttler F., Epidemiology and Natural History of Phenyketonuria and
Other Hyperphenylalaninemias, ,in 'Dietary Phenylalanine and Brain
Function', Ed. R. J. Wurtman and E. Ritter-Walker, 1988, Hirkhauser

14. Hawkins R. A., Mans A. M. and Biebuyck J F., Regional Transport and
Other Neutral Amino Acids Across the Blood Brain Barrier, in 'Dietary
Phenylalanine and Brain Function', Ed. R. J. Wurtman and E. Ritter-Walker,
1988, Birkhauser

15. Hyperactive Children's Support Group (71 Whyke Lane , Chichester, West
Sussex, P019 2 LD)

16. Johns D. R., Letter to the Editor, NEJM, 1986, 315, 456 17. Johns D.
R., Aspartame and Headache, in 'Dietary Phenylalanine and Brain Function',
Ed. R. J. Wurtman and E. Ritter-Walker, 1988, Birkhauser

18. Kim K. C. Tasch M. K. and Kim S. H., The Effect of Aspartame on 50%
Convulsion Doses of Lidocaine, in 'Dietary Phenylalanine and Brain
Function', Ed. R. J. Wurtman and E. Ritter-Walker, 1988, Birkhauser

19. Koehler S. M., The Effect of Aspartame Consumption on Migraine
Headache: Preliminary Results, in 'Dietary Phenylalanine and Brain
Function', Ed. R. J. Wurtman and E. Ritter-Walker, 1988, Birkhauser

20. Krause W., Halminski M. Naglak M., McDonald, Salvo R., Freides D.,
Epstein C., Cembure P., Averbook A. and Elsas L. J., Effect of High Plasma
Phenylalanine Concentration in 0lder Early-Treated PKU Patients:
Performance, Neurotransmitter Syunthesis, and EEG Mean Power Frequency, in
'Dietary Phenylalanine and Brain Function', Ed. R. J. Wurtman and E.
Ritter-Walker, 1988, Hirkhauser

21. Leon A. S., Hunninghake D. B., Hell C. Rassin D. K. and Tephly T. R.,
Safety of Long-term Iarge doses of Aspartame, Arch Intern Med, 1989, 149,
2318-24

22. Lipton S. A., Newman L. C. and Solomon S., Letter to the Editor, NEJM,
1988, 318(18), 1200

23. Lipton S. A., Newman L. C., Cohen J. S. and Solomon S., Aspartame as a
dietary trigger of headache, Headache, 1989, 29(2), 90-2

24. Lipton S. A. and Rosenberg P. A., Excitatory Amino Acids as a Fina1
Common Pathway for Neurologic Disorders, NEJM, 1994, 330, 613-20

25. Loo Y. H., Wisniewski K. E., Hyde K. R., Fulton T. R., Lin Y. Y. and
Wisniewski H. M., The Neurotoxic Metabolite of Phenylalanine in
Phenylketonuria, in 'Dietary Phenylalanine and Brain Function', Ed. R. J.
Wurtman and E Ritter-Walker , 1988, Birkhauser

26. Maher T. J. and Kiritsy P. J., Aspartame Administration Decreases the
Entry of a-Methyldopa into the Brain of Rats, in 'Dietary Phenylalanine and
Brain Function', Ed. R. J. Wurtman and E. Ritter-Walker, 1988, Birkhauser

27. Maher T. J. and Wurtman R. J., Possible neurologic effects of
aspartame, a widely used food additive, Environ. Health Perspect., 1987,
75, 53-7

28. Matalon R., Michals K., Sullivan D., Wideroff L. and Levy P., Aspartame
Consumption in Normal Individuals and Carriers for Phenylketonuria, in
'Dietary Phenylalanine and Brain Function', Ed. R. J. Wurtman and E.
Ritter-Walker, 1988, Birkhauser

29. Olney J. W., Letter to the Editor, NEJM, 1975, 292(23), 1244-5

30. Olney J. W., Excitotoxic food additives - relevance of animal studies
to human safety, Neurobehav. Toxicol. Teratol., 1984, 6(6), 455-62

31. Pardridge W. M. Phenylalanine Transport at the Human Blood Brain
Barrier, in 'Dietary Phenylalanine and Brain Function' . Ed. R. J. Wurtman
and E. Ritter-Walker, 1988, Birkhauser

32. Phelps J. R., The Regulatory Process and Aspartame: Why the
Controversy?, in 'Dietary Phenylalanine and Brain Function' , Ed. R. J.
Wurtman and E. Ritter-Walker, 1988, Birkhauser

33. Pinto J. M. B. and Maher T. J., Aspartame, Phenylalanine, and Seizures
in Experimental Animals, in 'Dietary Phenylalanine and Brain Function', Ed.
R. J. Wurtman and E. Ritter-Walker , 1988, Birkhauser

34. Prince A., Patterns of Phenylalanine Metabolites, Vitamin B6 Status,
and Learning Disabilities in Phenylketonuria Children: Modelling for Diet
Criteria, ,in 'Dietary Phenylalanine and Brain Function', Ed. R. J. Wurtman
and E. Ritter-Walker, 1988, Birkhauser

35. Roberts H. J., Neurological, Psychiatric, and Behavioral Reactions to
Aspartame in 505 Aspartame Reactors, in 'Dietary Phenylalanine and Brain
Function', Ed. R. J. Wurtman and E. Ritter-Walker, 1988, Birkhauser

36. Roberts H. J., communication in the 'Townsend Letter for Doctors and
Patients', 11 Tyler Street, Port Townsend, WA 98368, USA, January, 2000

37. Sardesai B. M., Holliday J. F., Kumar G. K. and Dunbar J. C., Effect of
Aspartame in Diabetic Rats, in 'Dietary Phenylalanine and Brain Function',
Ed. R. J. Wurtman and E. Ritter-Walker, 1988, Birkhauser

38. Schiffman S. S., Buckley C. E., Sampson H. A. Massey E. W., Baraniuk J.
N. Follett J. V. and Warwick Z. S., Aspartame and susceptibility to
headache, NEJM, 1987, 317(19) 81-5

39. Schiffman S. S., Buckley C. E., Sampson H. A., Massey E. W., Baraniuk
J. N., Follett J. V. and Warwick Z. S., Letter to the Editor, NEJM, 1988,
318(18), 1201-2

40. Spiers P., Schomer K., Sabounjian L., Lieberman H., Wurtman R., Duguid
F., McCarten R. and Lyden M., Aspartame and Human Behavior: Cognitive and
Behavioural Observations, in 'Dietary Phenylalanine and Brain Function',
Ed. R. J. Wurtman and E. Ritter-Walker, 1988, Birkhauser

41. Stegink L. D., Filer L. J., Baker G. L. and McDonnell J. E., Effect of
Aspartame Loading upon Plasma and Erythrocyte Arrrino Acid Levels in
Phenylketonuric Heterozygotes and Normal Adult Subjects, J. Nutr., 1979,
109, 708-15

42. Stegink L. D., Filer L. J. and Baker G. L., Repeated Ingestion of
Aspartame-Sweetened Beverage: Effect on Plasma Amino Acid Concentrations in
Normal Adults, Metabolism, 1988, 37(3), 246-51

43. Stegink L. D., Filer L. J., Bell E. F., Ziegler E. E. and Tephly T. R.,
Effect of Repeated Ingestion of Aspartame Sweetened Beverage on Plasma
Amino Acid, Blood Methanol, and Blood Formate Concentrations, Metabolism,
1989, 38(4), 357-63

44. Steinmetzer R. V. and Kunkel R. S., Letter to the Editor, NEJM, 1988,
318(18), 1201

45. Tollefson L., Barnard R. J. and Glinsmann W. H., Monitoring of Adverse
Reactions to Aspartame Reported to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration,
in 'Dietary Phenylalanine and Brain Function', Ed. R. J. Wurtman and E.
Ritter-Walker, 1988, Birkhauser

46. Trocho C., Pardo R. Rafecas I. Virgili J., Remesar X., Fernandez-Lopez
J. A. and Alemany M., Formaldehyde derived from dietary aspartame binds to
tissue components in vivo, Life Sci, 1998, 63, 337-49

47. Uribe M, Letter to the Editor, NEJM, 1982, 306, 173

48. Walton R.G., The Possible Role of Aspartame in Seizure Induction, in
'Dietary Phenylalanine and Brain Function', Ed. R. J. Wurtman and E.
Ritter-Walker, 1988, Birkhauser

49. Walton R. G., Hudak R. and Green-Waite R. J., Adverse reactions to
aspartame: double-blind challenge in patients from a vulnerable population,
Biol. Psychiatry, 1993, 34, 13-7

50. Wurtman R. J., Letter to the Editor, NEJM, 1983, 309, 429-30

51. Wurtman R. J., Letter to the Editor, Lancet, 1985, 1060

52. Young S. N., Facts and Myths Related to the Use and Regulation of
Phenylalanine and Other Amino Acids, in 'Dietary Phenylalanine and Brain
Function', Ed. R. J. Wurtman and E. Ritter-Walker, 1988, Birkhauser

http://www.nancymarkle.com/lowry/con...adictions.html

Lowry replied: "Firstly, I did not open the file you sent. I don't open
unsolicited files attached to unsolicited e-mail.

I hope you understand. I appreciate your attention"

I think that means that, even though he begs for this information, when his
request is fulfilled, he disdains reading it, making it easy for him to
continue claming that he has not seen this information. Very convenient.

Later on, he copy-pastes a bunch of industry funded reports and sends them
this same person, and tells him:

"I hope you read the references I sent. I apologize for the length, but I
think the information therein is interesting."

In the same letter, we see him attempting to appear very reasonable and open
minded:

"I'm not the ogre some are trying to make me out to be.

I'm just a stickler for demanding "good science

" before I apply certain ideas to the way I treat my patients.

"And if you wonder why he is so defensive, saying that someone is making him
out to be an "ogre", there is plenty of reason for him to think that people
are
angry with him, because he insults people wholesale. But we will get into
that
later.

Old November 15th 06, 02:36 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,talk.politics.medicine,alt.support.diabetes,misc.kids.health
Peter Bowditch

"Jan Drew" wrote:

http://www.nancymarkle.com/lowry/

The URL you have requested does not have
a web site associated with it.

Please try typing www.domainname (with "www" in front) instead.

http://www.nancymarkle.com/lowry/con...adictions.html

The URL you have requested does not have
a web site associated with it.

Please try typing www.domainname (with "www" in front) instead.

I'm disappointed, but not just for myself. I am sure it must be a
disappointment to Mark as well, as it looks like he once had a page
dedicated to him on a loon site. (I would still trump him anyway
because the rant from Eve Hillary which Jan posted the other day
outing me as a member of the Illuminati is featured on David Icke's
site, and you don't get much loonier that David.)

my other hobby (time-waster in a big way is more like it) is lurking around
the
Internet, annoying people who engage in the dissemination of bozo-science
medical advice. My favorites are the "NutraSweet causes brain cancer" folks
and
those who would have us believe that milk causes diabetes.

As the URLs didn't work and there is no indication that Jan was
quoting anyone here, I can only assume that these are her own
heart-felt words.

Let me be the first to congratulate Jan on her principled stand
against the idiots who run around screaming about the "dangers" of
Aspartame.

I won't repeat the song "Unsweetened Taxi", but you can see it at
http://www.ratbags.com/posse/songbook.htm

--
Peter Bowditch aa #2243
Australian Skeptics http://www.skeptics.com.au
To email me use my first name only at ratbags.com
Old November 15th 06, 02:08 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,talk.politics.medicine,alt.support.diabetes,misc.kids.health
Mark Probert

Peter Bowditch wrote:
666 wrote:

http://www.nancymarkle.com/lowry/

The URL you have requested does not have
a web site associated with it.

Please try typing www.domainname (with "www" in front) instead.

http://www.nancymarkle.com/lowry/con...adictions.html

The URL you have requested does not have
a web site associated with it.

Please try typing www.domainname (with "www" in front) instead.

I'm disappointed, but not just for myself. I am sure it must be a
disappointment to Mark as well, as it looks like he once had a page
dedicated to him on a loon site. (I would still trump him anyway
because the rant from Eve Hillary which Jan posted the other day
outing me as a member of the Illuminati is featured on David Icke's
site, and you don't get much loonier that David.)

Peter, you are getting SLOPPY! SLOPPY! SLOPPY!

Not only does the URL not have website associated with it, it does not
have a real person associated with it.

Nancy Markle is a pseudonym for..........

drum roll.....

Betty Martini....

See:

http://www.presidiotex.com/aspartame...cy_markle.html

(which does have a real website, and persons, associated with it).

Furthermore, Martini's motivation for using the pseudonym is that she
was outed for her lies contained in a letter that is similar to the one
posted at the website. When she says that she "testified" witnesses
reported that a shrewish woman would stand up in the audience and
harangue speakers...

my other hobby (time-waster in a big way is more like it) is lurking around
the
Internet, annoying people who engage in the dissemination of bozo-science
medical advice. My favorites are the "NutraSweet causes brain cancer" folks
and
those who would have us believe that milk causes diabetes.

As the URLs didn't work and there is no indication that 666 was
quoting anyone here, I can only assume that these are her own
heart-felt words.

Let me be the first to congratulate 666 on her principled stand

Old November 15th 06, 04:09 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,talk.politics.medicine,alt.support.diabetes,misc.kids.health
Julie Bove

"Jan Drew" wrote in message
om...
troll droppings snipped

Run away now Betty or Rich or whoever you really are!

--
See my webpage:

Old November 15th 06, 06:37 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,talk.politics.medicine,alt.support.diabetes,misc.kids.health
Jan Drew is a Shrew

On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 01:23:06 GMT, "Jan Drew"
wrote:

Take a break from your constant stalking and learn how to quote
properly. Dumb****.

--
Jan Drew is a Shrew
Old November 15th 06, 08:25 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,talk.politics.medicine,alt.support.diabetes,misc.kids.health
Peter Bowditch

Mark Probert wrote:

Peter Bowditch wrote:
666 wrote:

[...]

Hey, Mark, remember which Peter B you're talking to here!

Like the song says:

Who's Nancy Markle?
Nobody's seen her before
Or since for that matter.
Somebody tell me the score.

To email me use my first name only at ratbags.com
Old November 15th 06, 08:27 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,talk.politics.medicine,alt.support.diabetes,misc.kids.health
Peter Bowditch

"Julie Bove" wrote:

"Jan Drew" wrote in message
. com...
troll droppings snipped

Run away now Betty or Rich or whoever you really are!

Jan is neither, but because they seem opposed to rationality and real
medicine she would believe them if they said the sky was green.
To email me use my first name only at ratbags.com
Old November 15th 06, 11:18 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,talk.politics.medicine,alt.support.diabetes,misc.kids.health
Jan Drew

http://www.rense.com/general37/stev.htm

http://www.dorway.com/nomarkle.html

http://mindgallery.com/hiddenroom/aspartameMartini.html

http://www.aspartamekills.com/

Old November 16th 06, 03:02 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,talk.politics.medicine,alt.support.diabetes,misc.kids.health
Mark Probert

Peter Bowditch wrote:
Mark Probert wrote:

Peter Bowditch wrote:
666 wrote:

[...]

I did. If I didn't, I would have said PeteyB, or Pontificating Blowhard.

Old November 16th 06, 04:12 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,talk.politics.medicine,alt.support.diabetes,misc.kids.health
Jan Drew

Ailments caused by Aspartame Anecdotal evidence is compelling
http://www.health-report.co.uk/aspartame-ailments.html

Aspartame Toxic Effects Chilling in-depth report including many from airline
and pilot organizations on the toxic effects of aspartame... mimics serious
disease like MS and others
http://www.health-report.co.uk/aspar...ic-effects.htm

Chronic Methanol/Formaldehyde Poisoning From Aspartame
http://www.holisticmed.com/aspartame/methanol.faq

Not Just Another Sca Toxin Additives in Your Food and Drink
Dr. Russell Blaylock, Board Certified Neurologist
http://www.aspartame.com/blayart1.htm

"Excitotoxins, The Taste That Kills. Dr. Russell Blaylock
http://www.aspartame.com/ram/mpr060398.ram

"Aspartame and Pilots" Dr. Russell Blaylock
http://www.aspartame.com/blalockpilot.htm

"Food Additives and Brain Damage" Dr. Russell Blaylock
http://www.aspartame.com/ram/blaylocknoha.ram

The Connection Between MS and Aspartame Russell L. Blaylock, MD
Neurosurgeon
nbsp;
http://www.truthinlabeling.org/Blayl...tipleSclerosis...

Aspartame: What You Don't Know Can Hurt You
Aspartame is, by far, the most dangerous substance on the market that is
added to foods Dr. Joseph Mercola
http://www.mercola.com/article/aspartame/dangers.htm

Aspartame Disease: An Ignored Epidemic H. J. ROBERTS, M.D. F.A.C.P.,
F.C.C.P. http://www.sunsentpress.com/

Aspartame... "Deadly Deception" The cover up of aspartame negative test
results!
http://www.health-report.co.uk/aspar...deception.html

Aspartame Caused Brain Seizures FDA pivotal safety study
http://www.health-report.co.uk/aspar...c-chemical.htm

WHAT TO DO IF YOU HAVE USED ASPARTAME Dr. Russell Blaylock ,
Neruologist http://aspartametruth.com/blaylock/wtdaspartame.html
[...]

7-Up's Audacious New Ads Exceed Outrageous Limits-FTC does nothing Jan Drew Kids Health 54 October 21st 06 03:15 PM
Aspartame Causes Blood Disorders HenryK Kids Health 2 April 4th 06 04:45 PM
Personal perspective: new era of consumer protection possible in USA, if legislature acts on aspartame ban, Stephen Fox, 49 citizen comments, Leland Lehrman: Murray 2006.01.21 Rich Murray Kids Health 0 January 22nd 06 04:01 AM
Insomnia Zaz Pregnancy 8 July 3rd 04 07:00 PM
aspartame (methanol, formaldehyde) toxicity: Murray 10.15.3 rmforall Rich Murray Pregnancy 0 October 17th 03 04:58 AM