Mini pill question

Old February 21st 07, 02:57 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
xkatx

Default Mini pill question

I'm taking the micronor (sp?) mini pill, and I have been since the beginning
of January. DD2 is just about 4 months now, and still nursing fantastic.
Still refusing a bottle of EBM, still refusing anything on a spoon. This
mini pill seems to be going alright...
I am wondering, though, just a few things about it. When I had started
taking it at the beginning of Jan, I had yet to get a cycle back. I had a
small bleeding issue (I think, anyways) that I think came on after I really
over did it - it was the snow shoveling marathon I went on at my aunt and
uncle's house. That shortly stopped, and nothing has come back yet.
My OB said that for a lot of women, the mini pill will stop periods from
coming, as it's a 28-day pill thing, and there's no break. I've been trying
to take it at the exact same time every night, but it tends to sometimes be
a little later or earlier - usually around an hour each way. The directions
say within a couple hours or so is fine.
I was talking to a friend yesterday, and now she has me somewhat freaked
out.
Does the mini pill sort of 'trick' your body into thinking it's pregnant? I
mean, does it possibly bring on the symptoms a person has during pregnancy -
I'm not talking about the morning sickness or urge to pee or anything...
I've found lately that my hair is now back to what it was when I was pg with
my girls. I can run my hands through my hair, and I have hair 'shedding'
and falling out - this seems to be typical when I was pg other times. I've
always had to use the washroom more ever since I've upped my water intake to
a more normal amount, and I've yet to get a period back as DD2 was
breastfed, and it's typical for me to not get it back until after we're done
nursing.
Is it normal or expected for the mini pill to do things like this? During
sex, he always pulls out (which I know is NOT a good form of birth control)
but we figured it was probably safer doing that while on the pill.
My friend has me totally freaking out. Obviously a test is the only way,
but I figured I'd see if this is generally from this mini pill and really
nothing to worry about. I do have a feeling I'm just freaking out over
nothing, though.

Old February 21st 07, 04:26 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Jeni Steers

"xkatx" wrote in message
I've found lately that my hair is now back to what it was when I was pg
with my girls. I can run my hands through my hair, and I have hair
'shedding' and falling out - this seems to be typical when I was pg other
times.

This happened to me a few months after pregnancy and the view was this is
normal - pill or no pill.

Didn't get a period till 6 months and was still bf'ing and not on pill.

HTH

Jeni

Old February 21st 07, 06:15 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
emilymr

On Feb 21, 6:57 am, "xkatx" wrote:
I'm taking the micronor (sp?) mini pill, and I have been since the beginning
of January.... snip Obviously a test is the only way,
but I figured I'd see if this is generally from this mini pill and really
nothing to worry about. I do have a feeling I'm just freaking out over
nothing, though.

I didn't get those exact pregnancy symptoms when I was on the mini-
pill, but it did suppress my period for a good 20 months (Micah weaned
at about 17 months and definitely was not nursing enough to stop my
period by 14 months). Now, within 2 months of going *off* the
minipill I got pregnant again, so be warned!!

Em
mama to Micah, 11/14/04
#2 due 4/27/07

Old February 21st 07, 09:37 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
PK

On Feb 21, 9:57 am, "xkatx" wrote:
I don't know about tricking your body into thinking you are pg, but a
lot of it is just your body getting back to normal after birhing. I'm
bf-ing E almost 6 times in 24 hrs, have been on the mini pill since
jan 06 and have not had a period yet, 15 mo post partum.

Is it normal or expected for the mini pill to do things like this? During
sex, he always pulls out (which I know is NOT a good form of birth control)
but we figured it was probably safer doing that while on the pill.

You don't have to use the pull out method at all. The mini pill is
supposed to protect you as long as you take it on time. If you think
you are pg, take a test. It's common to mistake that you are pregnant
when on the mini pill (BTDT) especially in the early months. I kept a
stash of pregnancy tests handy for reassuarance.

PK

Old February 22nd 07, 03:54 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Anne Rogers

I would not expect you to have a period at all, regardless of pill use.
FWIW, I did have a couple of periods before starting the mini pill after my
first (but was supplementing for a short time), once on the mini pill, I
didn't have another until he was 15mths old, I stopped taking it at that
point and got pregnant 3 weeks later.

I would not be having DH pull out, you are using a pretty reasonable method
of contraception, it's not going to help at all, why spoil your pleasure?

Anne

#2 due 4/27/07

Yes, another baby is definitely way out of the question. That is definitely
not allowed at all around here LOL

Old February 22nd 07, 04:44 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
xkatx

"PK" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Feb 21, 9:57 am, "xkatx" wrote:
[...]

"ake it on time" would mean the directions' guidelines/instructions, right?
IIRC, it said take at the same time each day, but it's alright (don't set
off the alarm bells) if you are a little later - can't remember how much
early/late, but I think it was within a couple hours of the regular time...
Ah... I'd have to read it again lol
Doc said it was a good form of birth control if used properly. That's a
given. Fireworks are a good form of amusement if used properly as well!

Old February 22nd 07, 04:49 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
xkatx

"Anne Rogers" wrote in message
I would not expect you to have a period at all, regardless of pill use.
FWIW, I did have a couple of periods before starting the mini pill after my
first (but was supplementing for a short time), once on the mini pill, I
didn't have another until he was 15mths old, I stopped taking it at that
point and got pregnant 3 weeks later.

It seems he can sneeze and we're pregnant lol
I nursed DS and didn't have a single period until he decided to be done with
nursing - I think he was 18ish months? I didn't use any form of anything at
that point, and actually, I got pg with him in the first place while taking
the pill (not this minipill one, though) This is the first time I've been
on this particular pill, second shot at any sort of pill. I am somewhat
scared this time as quite a few years back I was taking the pill and then
oh, wow, surprise, DS.

I would not be having DH pull out, you are using a pretty reasonable
method of contraception, it's not going to help at all, why spoil your
pleasure?

Really? So it's kind of pointless just so long as I do take the pill every
day and on time? How on earth do I tell HIM that? He's the one that came
up with that idea, and of course, what could I say? I didn't really think
of it that way, but TBH, that part of life seems to be somewhat
disappointing at times

Anne

Old February 22nd 07, 04:52 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
xkatx

"Jeni Steers" wrote in message

"xkatx" wrote in message
I've found lately that my hair is now back to what it was when I was pg
with my girls. I can run my hands through my hair, and I have hair
'shedding' and falling out - this seems to be typical when I was pg other
times.

This happened to me a few months after pregnancy and the view was this is
normal - pill or no pill.

Didn't get a period till 6 months and was still bf'ing and not on pill.

HTH

Jeni

IIRC, DS was something like 20ish months before I got my period back in full
swing.
I think it was some time shortly after Halloween, but definitely before
Christmas, and DS was born end of Jan. He was pushing 2 years of age when
it came back, although we had a strange nusing experience of him being
exclusively bf'ed until about 8ish months, then around that time, I pumped
and put EBM in a sippy cup for him at daycare, and he'd nurse at
night/morning/any time we were home until he just up and cut me off from
nursing around 18ish months (I think?)
I do remember it came back before Christmas, though, and I believe we had
stopped nursing a month or two before that

Old February 22nd 07, 09:49 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Amethyst Deceiver

Anne Rogers wrote:
I would not expect you to have a period at all, regardless of pill
use. FWIW, I did have a couple of periods before starting the mini
pill after my first (but was supplementing for a short time), once on
the mini pill, I didn't have another until he was 15mths old, I
stopped taking it at that point and got pregnant 3 weeks later.

Your mileage may vary. YoungBloke was exclusively breast-fed on demand,
every couple of hours (including at night) and I got my periods back
when he was 4 months old.

If you want to discuss something I feel is relevant beccafromlalaland Spanking 128 February 16th 06 09:52 PM
Kids should work... bobb General 108 December 15th 03 03:23 PM
| | Kids should work... Kane Spanking 12 December 10th 03 02:30 AM
Kids should work. ChrisScaife Spanking 16 December 7th 03 04:27 AM
And again he strikes........ Doan strikes ...... again! was Kids should work... Kane General 2 December 6th 03 03:28 AM