Hello Everyone, I'm a single mom from Florida.

Old July 6th 05, 03:05 PM
Amy And Baby Nathan

Default Hello Everyone, I'm a single mom from Florida.

Hello Everyone, I am not sure what ages are in this group ...
but anyways i'll go ahead and introduce myself. my name is Amy, I am
22 Female from Florida , a single mom of an 8 month old.. his name
is Nathan who is the light of my life.

was just searching around in the discuss groups thought i would say
hello.

Amy,

Old July 6th 05, 06:00 PM
xkatx

"Amy And Baby Nathan" wrote in message
Hello Everyone, I am not sure what ages are in this group ...
but anyways i'll go ahead and introduce myself. my name is Amy, I am
22 Female from Florida , a single mom of an 8 month old.. his name
is Nathan who is the light of my life.

was just searching around in the discuss groups thought i would say
hello.

Amy,

Hi, Amy.
We are all ages and from pretty much everywhere, so you fit in just perfect!
I'm Kat, and I'm 21. Well, my birthday is tomorrow, now that I look at the
calendar! Yikes! I think I just might still be the regular baby of the
group but now I'm not so alone lol Welcome, from Alberta, Canada. I
have 2 boys - 4 and a half and 5 and a half. My oldest doesn't live with
me, though. I'm also due for my first girl at the end of this month
(07/25/05). I guess I'm kind of on the line of being a single parent still,
but I'd stay here anyways.
So, hello back at you, and welcome. Hopefully you'll stick around... Great
bunch of people - and bananas - in here!

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

Old July 7th 05, 08:52 AM
Amy And Baby Nathan

Hello Kat,

Nice to meet ya! nice to know I am not the baby of the group.
Happy Birthday to ya!!!!!!!

I have an 8 month old son, I am a single mom... his father is one
of those dead beat dads. it's really sad.

but i think i'm doing a pretty good job by myself... and of
course my mom is alot of help to me.

I will stick around. : )

Congrats on your baby girl. what are you naming her?

~Amy

Old July 7th 05, 08:12 PM
xkatx

"Amy And Baby Nathan" wrote in message
Hello Kat,

Nice to meet ya! nice to know I am not the baby of the group.
Happy Birthday to ya!!!!!!!

lol You're still pretty close, I think. And thanks. I feel so old now!

I have an 8 month old son, I am a single mom... his father is one
of those dead beat dads. it's really sad.

8 months... Fun age. Better than 4!
There's a lot of those deadbeat parents - both dads and moms. Their loss,
as far as I'm concerned. We tend to steer clear of the ex-bashing and try
and focus on the experiences, concerns, and just anything that comes along
with the single parenting thing.

but i think i'm doing a pretty good job by myself... and of
course my mom is alot of help to me.

It's good you have your mom there to help out. Grandmas can often be great
help. As long as your son is happy, healthy and your typical kid, then I
see no reason why you wouldn't be doing a good job alone!

I will stick around. : )

Awesome. Hopefully you'll find the group has to offer what you're looking
for, and hopefully you can offer to the group as well!

Congrats on your baby girl. what are you naming her?

LOL thanks. I still wanted a boy, buuuut... Whatever!
It's funny with the name thing, actually... We just couldn't agree on a
name. We have had a boys' name picked out from the start... If it were a
boy, his name would be Jack (possibly Jackson, but more likely Jack) Robert.
I've always liked the name Jack, and Norm liked it as well. Oddly enough,
his step dad's name is Jack (which I didn't know until after I suggested the
name long ago) and my dad's name is Robert.
The girl name is where we just smash our heads against a wall... Everything
I've suggested he hasn't liked. I ask him what he likes and all I get is "I
dunno." I wanted something like Amelia, Esme, Juliana... He didn't like
anything I suggested, and he was making the odd suggestion of Nicole or
something else I couldn't stand. I then decided I wanted both Allison and
Elaine (My grandma is Alice - Alice is a no-no for sure, but Allison is
close and my mom's middle name is Elaine - which is a no-no as a first
name!) So I made him a deal, I take middle name(s) and he can pick a first
name. He then said he's really liking Amy, and I didn't care for the name
at first since I went to school with an Amy I couldn't stand, but after
hearing it and thinking about it for a few weeks, I don't think it's too
bad. Might end up with something like Amy Allison Elaine, but I'm not sure
if that has a nice ring to it or not! lol Funny you should ask! haha

~Amy

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

Old July 9th 05, 07:15 PM
Amy And Baby Nathan

Hello Cele, nice to meet ya!

Old July 9th 05, 07:28 PM
Amy And Baby Nathan

Hi Again Kat,

that's cool, well my mom almost named me Allison.. but she said
she kept calling me Amy through her whole pregnancy so she couldn't
call me Allison .. she said she knew it had to be Amy.

when I was pregnant with my son.. before i knew if it was a boy or girl
i had 1 name picked out for a boy and girl names i just did not
know what to name her. i said if it's a boy it's Nathan Andrew. so
when i went for my ultra sound he said it's a boy.. i said well it's
Nathan Andrew! so that's my boy's name.

Amy,

Old July 13th 05, 02:24 PM

"Amy And Baby Nathan" wrote in message
Hello Everyone, I am not sure what ages are in this group ...
but anyways i'll go ahead and introduce myself. my name is Amy, I am
22 Female from Florida , a single mom of an 8 month old.. his name
is Nathan who is the light of my life.

was just searching around in the discuss groups thought i would say
hello.

Amy,

Welcome Amy.
Good to have you here.
My name is Vicky and I am mom to 9 and 11 year olds who are a fun duo. We
are in Alabama. What part of Florida? I do not read ng as much anymore b/c I
am in school f/t and work f/t (which is about to change to a different job
to meet my kids schedule better).
Feel free to email.
There are 3 kinds of people in this world...those you want things to happen,
those that make things happen, and those who just wonder what the hell
happened!

Old July 13th 05, 05:24 PM
xkatx

"Amy And Baby Nathan" wrote in message
Hi Again Kat,

Hello to you again as well!

that's cool, well my mom almost named me Allison.. but she said
she kept calling me Amy through her whole pregnancy so she couldn't
call me Allison .. she said she knew it had to be Amy.

My parents almost named me Rebecca, then they almost named me my silly
middle name. Thank God they didn't - I don't know how I'd live down
'Aubrey' since I find that a silly name and an even sillier song...
I think Norm is stuck on Amy anyways. I'm hooked on either my grandma's
name (changed slightly to Allison since Alice is, well, it sucks IMO) or my
mom's middle name, Elaine... Keeping names in the family seems to be a trend
with my family.
My name is Kathryn Aubrey - after my great grandma, only different spelling,
and middle name comes from a crappy song by Bread...
Brother is Ronald Stewart - Grandpa (dad's side) was Ronald, my dad's middle
name is Stewart
Other brother is Michael Robert - Grandpa (mom's side) was Michael, dad's
name is Robert
My son is Brandon Brian - First name was just picked, middle name was
suggested by my aunt, mom's sister, who said that my grandma made a comment
about how my uncle Brian died the June before B was born, and how it would
be nice is B was a boy since we lost uncle Brian, so that's how that came
Oldest son is Zachary Jonathan - I wanted to name him Jonathan Marcus, but
then we all decided on Zachary and use Jonathan as a middle name

Now I'm thinking, since this is a girl, we might go with Norm's choice of
Amy and use Elaine as a middle name, since it kind of has a nicer ring to it
than Amy Allison or Amy Allison Elaine/Elaine Allison... We're already
thinking of going for just one more in a few years after this one, and since
girls run in Norm's family, there's probably a good chance Allison will
still get used. If not, we're still going to go with Jack Robert (possibly
Jackson, since it sounds nicer with Robert, but I don't care much for
Jackson)

when I was pregnant with my son.. before i knew if it was a boy or girl
i had 1 name picked out for a boy and girl names i just did not
know what to name her. i said if it's a boy it's Nathan Andrew. so
when i went for my ultra sound he said it's a boy.. i said well it's
Nathan Andrew! so that's my boy's name.

Nathan Andrew sounds really nice. I like the name Nathan, or Nathaniel, but
I don't care much for the name Andrew alone, but with something, it seems to
sound really nice. I had a doll I named Ryan Andrew when I was younger.
I had Jonathan Marcus right from the start. Then for B, none of my family
liked anything I had picked out for him... I was wanting something
different, like Cedric, Gage, Hunter, James... Ex ended up with Brandon and
wanted Lee for middle name, but I couldn't swallow Brandon Lee... lol Ex
liked it because he said it was like Brandon Lee (Bruce Lee) and because
Bran is half Chinese, like Brandon Lee, well, you get the point... Didn't
sit well with me at all!
We're cutting it close, but I think Amy will win and is the only name Norm
really comes up with... lol Amy Elaine isn't so bad, I think...

Amy,

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

Shoot, it's past the 1st of the month! Moon Shyne Single Parents 1 February 8th 05 11:54 PM
FAQ July 2004 Daniel Single Parents 0 July 6th 04 02:25 AM
FAQ turtledove Single Parents 0 January 2nd 04 03:04 PM
July's FAQ! turtledove Single Parents 0 July 1st 03 09:43 PM
FAQ turtledove Single Parents 0 June 27th 03 04:14 PM