Thimerosal Vindicated as Cause of Autism: More Questions and Still No Answers

Old January 14th 08, 07:35 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health
David Wright

Default Thimerosal Vindicated as Cause of Autism: More Questions andStill No Answers

In article ,
wrote:
On Jan 14, 3:26*am, "Peter Moran" wrote:

You seem to think that even 1 microgram of a substance is so tiny that
you can inject it into a host with no repercussions.

Let us condider thimerosal. 1 microgram of thimerosal would represent
1,200 atoms of thimerosal per affected cell in the adult human body.
This compound would be even more toxic to a developing fetus and
infant. Based upon the smaller size of the infant, the number of
atoms per affected cell may well be more nearly 5,000 or more.

Convince us that cells exposed to 1200 to 5,000 atoms of mercury
that the cells cannot detoxify will not alter that cells internal
biochemistry, its genetic thinking, or its enzyme capabilities. Then
multiply the number of atoms by 25 per each shot containing
thimerosal. Remember, in the cell, the mercury is converted to the
mercuric ion, Hg++.

1 microgram may sound small, but for such a potent killer, it may be
more than enough to alter and kill.

Your calculations are, as usual, stupid, because they assume that all
the thimerosal will be retained within the body.

It won't. It will be rapidly excreted.

If a microgram of mercury was enough to harm us, we'd be dead after
one tuna sandwich.

-- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net
"Without Bush, what will America's schoolchildren have to look down on?"
-- Bill Maher

Old January 14th 08, 10:25 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health
SumBuny

"The One True Zhen Jue" wrote in message
On Jan 14, 1:48 pm, wrote:
On Jan 14, 3:26 am, "Peter Moran" wrote:

You seem to think that even 1 microgram of a substance is so tiny that
you can inject it into a host with no repercussions.

Let us condider thimerosal. 1 microgram of thimerosal would represent
1,200 atoms of thimerosal per affected cell in the adult human body.

Fact: Children weren't getting mercury poisoning from vaccinations
when they had thimerosal.
Fact: Mercury poisoning & autism rates were unchanged by removing
thimerosal from vaccines.

When they "removed" the thimerisol from the vaccines...I noticed that there
was no recall of those vaccines--that would have admitted wrongdoing and
opened up companies for lawsuits.

No, what happened was that companies stopped putting thimerisol in *new*
doses of vaccines...but they did not remove it from *existing* supplies....

I wonder.....how many thousands--perhaps millions--of doses were already
sitting on shelves, waiting to be adminsitered?

I wonder--could *that* be why the rates were unchanged?

--
Buny
--Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be

Old January 14th 08, 11:33 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health
Peter Moran[_3_]

On Jan 14, 1:48 pm, wrote:
[...]

Well, I am sure without even going to look that this will have been taken
into consideration. If a theory requires that medical authorities are
either entirely stupid or entirely corrupt (as nearly all "alt" and antivax
theories do) does that make it more likely to be the truth, or less
likely?

PM

Old January 15th 08, 12:00 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health
Jan Drew

"Peter Moran" wrote in message
"Jan Drew" wrote in message
. net...

"Peter Moran" wrote:
"Jan Drew" wrote in message
et...
Thimerosal Vindicated as Cause of Autism: More Questions and Still No
Answers
January 8, 2008
With yet another epidemiological study reeking with conflicts of
interest, thimerosal containing vaccines are declared safe by the
immunization branch of the California Department of Public Health.
Unfortunately, epidemiological studies done by people who are part of
the immunization program have a major credibility problem. This of
course does not stop the mainstream press from hopping all over these
studies without even thinking of asking any questions.

The study claims that "some" flu shots still contain thimerosal.
Actually, out of 132 million doses of flu vaccine for the 2007-08 flu
season, 8 million doses are thimerosal free. That means 94% contain the
full amount of thimerosal. Stating that "some" contain thimerosal is a
very deceptive statement at best.

Critics will say that California has banned thimerosal containing flu
shots for pregnant women and infants. This ban took effect in 2006.
Last year they lifted the ban because they could not find an adequate
supply of thimerosal free shots. If a pregnant woman got a flu shot in
2001 and her child followed the flu shot recommendations, the
baby/fetus would have received six flu shots with the full amount of
thimerosal by the year 2005. This hardly represents the claim that no
thimerosal containing vaccines were given after 2001. Besides, with no
government agency testing vaccines for mercury, who really knows if
mercury has been removed from vaccines.

Vaccines with "trace" amounts of thimerosal are supposed to contain
less than 1 microgram of mercury per 0.5 ml dose. This is equal to a
concentration of 2000 micrograms per liter. When looked at this way,
this hardly seems like a "trace" amount of mercury.

Scaremongering idiots! PM

Glad to see you *Trying to ignore constant abuse for the sake of those
who wish to learn
something* ..

My comment was not directed at anyone on this list and was fully justified
by the absurdity and deceptiveness of the case.

PM

Your comment followed Dr Cee's post.

Did you pick up this *fully justified* from your ilk member Mark Probert?

You are mighty selective with *the absurdity and deceptiveness of the case.*
No surprise there. Care to address *each* question below?

We constantly hear that rates of autism have increased due to earlier
intervention, changes in diagnostic criteria and diagnostic
substitution. Were these co-factors considered? Have rates of autism in
California really continued to climb? They can't have it both ways.

Before we declare thimerosal containing vaccines safe, consider these
numbers:

0.5 parts per billion (ppb) mercury = Kills human neuroblastoma cells
(Parran et al., Toxicol Sci 2005; 86: 132-140).

http://www.americanchronicle.com/art...rticleID=48356

Again Studies about Vaccines and Thimerosal are misleading

When will these authors of studies stop claiming that all but a few
vaccines contain the mercury additive Thimerosal? 80% of all flu
vaccines contain this preservative. As of June in 2005 many other
vaccines that are recommended for children still contained normal or
trace amounts of Thimerosal. Many mothers and children still had
mercury amalgams. Some foods such as Tuna contain mercury. We still eat
and breath this highly toxic substance. When you include the many other
chemicals and heavy metals that have been found to cause developmental
delays that are in fact on the increase it's not to hard to figure out
why numbers have not dropped.
There are many questions about this latest study from the California
State Public Health Department that remain unanswered. What are the
ages? Are they including all ASD disorders or just regressive Autism?
Why do they still falsely claim that Thimerosal is not in any other
vaccine and only some Flu vaccines? This statement just is simply not
true. And why isn't there an age criteria for diagnoses such as five
years old when school aged children can be truly observed on a daily
basis? And when using this age it shows that what little reduction
there is in the use of thimerosal these children still fall under the
excessive amount.

Are they finding these infants up to let's say 3 years old unable to
interact with their peers? Do these youngsters show signs of learning
disabilities? C'mon you can't claim that mercury in any form is safe
and with increased exposures of this toxin combined with others you
will find that the numbers will remain or climb. This is being touted
as a disorder that is untreatable and unavoidable. And that is sad as
the medical community claims success in many other diseases and
disorders.

You can't mark mercury off the list as its toxic strength is much too
strong. We are still hearing about lead that was banned 20 plus years
ago as we find it everywhere. Mercury was used in paint also but that
is rarely mentioned. The fact is it was used in kitchen and bathroom
paints along with other areas susceptible to mold. We scream if
products from China contain lead but buy food and are told to use
lights that contain mercury.

Of course we are seeing genetic mutations you always do when there are
poisonings going on. We are witnessing children hitting puberty at
younger ages, Obesity, Diabetes II, Heart Disease and many
psychological and neurological disorders are on the increase along with
Autism or ASD, ADD included. To give Thimerosal a no contribution label
is not only dangerous but criminal when you look at what role mercury
has played with those exposed to it over the years.

We need to put a stop to this continuous claim that mercury in any form
is somehow safe when it has been known for hundreds of years to be very
dangerous and even lethal. Why did the Romans only use slaves to mine
for it? Why does the manufacturer of the specific compound Thimerosal
warn of its toxicity? Why was it banned in most applications except as
a vaccine preservative injected directly into our blood stream? Why is
it still being used in any vaccine and during the manufacture of other
vaccines? And why do upwards of 85% of those tested that suffer from
ASD show marked spikes when chelating heavy metals for mercury? Still
too many questions abound with no serious answers that the powers that
be except.

http://www.americanchronicle.com/art...rticleID=48301

Old January 15th 08, 12:05 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health
Jan Drew

"David Wright" wrote in message
. ..
In article
,
wrote:
[...]

Proven to be wrong.

[...]

-- David Wright

Old January 15th 08, 12:09 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health
Jan Drew

wrote:
On Jan 14, 1:48 pm, wrote:
On Jan 14, 3:26 am, "Peter Moran" wrote:

You seem to think that even 1 microgram of a substance is so tiny that
you can inject it into a host with no repercussions.

Let us condider thimerosal. 1 microgram of thimerosal would represent
1,200 atoms of thimerosal per affected cell in the adult human body.

1,200 _atoms_ of thimerosal? That is pretty odd coming from someone
who claims to have a PhD in chemistry.
The word you didn't know was "molecules" and, your hypothesis is
really more of a feces.

This compound would be even more toxic to a developing fetus and
infant. Based upon the smaller size of the infant, the number of
atoms per affected cell may well be more nearly 5,000 or more.

Nope. You're building on a false assumption and are neglecting the
amount excreted.

Convince us that cells exposed to 1200 to 5,000 atoms of mercury
that the cells cannot detoxify will not alter that cells internal
biochemistry, its genetic thinking, or its enzyme capabilities. Then
multiply the number of atoms by 25 per each shot containing
thimerosal. Remember, in the cell, the mercury is converted to the
mercuric ion, Hg++.

1 microgram may sound small, but for such a potent killer, it may be
more than enough to alter and kill.

DrCee

Fact: Children weren't getting mercury poisoning from vaccinations
when they had thimerosal.
Fact: Mercury poisoning & autism rates were unchanged by removing
thimerosal from vaccines.

FACTS:

Old January 15th 08, 01:53 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health
Peter Bowditch

The One True Zhen Jue wrote:

On Jan 14, 1:48*pm, wrote:
[...]

Fact: You don't know much about chemistry, don't know much biology

I'll bet he doesn't know much about trigonometry or what a slide rule
is for either.

--
Peter Bowditch aa #2243
Australian Skeptics http://www.skeptics.com.au
To email me use my first name only at ratbags.com
Old January 15th 08, 02:30 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health
David Wright

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++
When they "removed" the thimerisol from the vaccines...I noticed that there
was no recall of those vaccines--that would have admitted wrongdoing and
opened up companies for lawsuits.

No, what happened was that companies stopped putting thimerisol in *new*
doses of vaccines...but they did not remove it from *existing* supplies....

I wonder.....how many thousands--perhaps millions--of doses were already
sitting on shelves, waiting to be adminsitered?

I wonder--could *that* be why the rates were unchanged?

No. Even by 2002, virtually all the thimerosal-containing vaccines
were gone from the shelves.

-- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net
Old January 15th 08, 12:38 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health
Mark Probert

On Jan 14, 1:48 pm, wrote:
[...]

No. The existing stocks rapidly decreased. By now, there should have
been a drop in the CDDS numbers, but there isn't.
Old January 15th 08, 03:17 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health
SumBuny

On Jan 14, 1:48 pm, wrote:
[...]

"Truth" is what one defines it to be....