Learn the Science of Meditation. Online.

Old August 20th 04, 10:16 AM
Learn the Science of Meditation. Online.

Default Learn the Science of Meditation. Online.

Greetings All

Learn the Science of Meditation. Online.

Sing the Song of the Soul!

These online classes are a unique combination of practice, philosophy
and music.

Yes, you do get beautiful MP3 files with this course, plus wonderful
slide shows and numerous other enlightening material - from articles
to graphics.

This is a comprehensively structured course that goes for a year.

semester (March to August 2004) attracted over 150 students.

All materials are free and for the keeping, which you can use in your
own classes as well.

This is a free community service, provided in the spirit of service.

It is best to have a good email account which accepts large files of
approximately 1-2Mb. The larger files will be downloaded though.

Subscribe by sending a message to:

The course covers Yoga Philosophy and Practice

Vision and Purpose:

1. Learning the deeper aspects of the science of yoga as they
relate to our daily lives, including philosophy and practical
applications.

2. Learning basic meditation skills for discovery and cultivation
of the wholistic relationship between body, mind and spirit essential
for meditation and yoga. Personal teaching of practices requires
consultation with a teacher which can be easily arranged and is also
free of charge.

3. Sharing of experiences, challenges and triumphs in yoga
practice and deep meditation.

4. To grow and become more aware through the practice of
meditation and yoga asanas (postures).

5. To provide a nurturing sentiment to assist in spiritual
awareness and service to the world.

E-mail (course co-ordinator):

Basic yoga philosophy. Based on the 8-limbed system of Yoga

* Yama - external moral/ethical discipline
* Niyama - internal moral/ethical strength
* Asana - yogic postures
* Pranayama - proper breathing
* Pratyahara - withdrawal of senses from the external world to
internalise your consciousness for meditation
* Dharana - concentration, or extended mental focusing,
fundamental to yogic meditation
* Dhyana - process of meditation, the principal practice of
bringing your mind to ideate on Oneness
* Samadhi - experience of unitive consciousness so as to feel
inwardly one with the feeling of Infinite Peace

Also teachings and practice of basic support tools and skills for
growth on all levels:

physical, mental and spiritual.

Subscription address:

Namaskar

SfxAW1XqYzehYONsIngjbPO81UOlaj3ktAzdT0wQJ743jKJwQL 9zqhYdg37IoeexG9k7ebouekDTuToa3eZe

Kids should work... bobb General 108 December 15th 03 04:23 PM
Kids should work... Doan Spanking 33 December 10th 03 09:05 PM
| U.N. rules Canada should ban spanking Kane Spanking 142 November 16th 03 08:46 PM
Free Fall Online Creative Lesson Planning Newsletters AMONCO General 0 September 24th 03 02:11 AM