HO! HO! HO!

Old December 20th 04, 07:59 PM
denanson

Default HO! HO! HO!

Hi All, let me be the first to say Merry Christmas to everyone as I may not
have much time later.

Have bought some great presents this year. In the past Freddie's present has
disapeared to his mothers house for months on end so to get my own back (or
ensure that it stays here this year, I have bought him a drum kit! Ho Ho Ho!

Because Freddie's shoes always come back from her place encrusted in mud on
the tops and in dog turd underneath, I have bought her a shoeshine kit, Ho
Ho Ho!

Love to all, Dennis

Old December 20th 04, 08:39 PM
Joelle

so to get my own back (or
ensure that it stays here this year, I have bought him a drum kit! Ho Ho Ho!

And this is a gift you *want* to stay at your house ( :- 0

My son has cleaned out the kitty litter boxes for months and saved up to my a
Ninento DS. I couldn't convince him to wait till after xmas to buy it so
he'll have it this week.

But for Christmas he's getting a piece of paper saying he still has the money
he saved for it cuz the DS is from me ;-)

HO HO HO

Joelle
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page - St
Augustine
Joelle
Old December 20th 04, 10:45 PM
Lisa

"denanson" Dennis@Large .ie wrote in message

Hi All, let me be the first to say Merry Christmas to everyone as I may

not
have much time later.

Have bought some great presents this year. In the past Freddie's present

has
disapeared to his mothers house for months on end so to get my own back

(or
ensure that it stays here this year, I have bought him a drum kit! Ho Ho

Ho!

Because Freddie's shoes always come back from her place encrusted in mud

on
the tops and in dog turd underneath, I have bought her a shoeshine kit, Ho
Ho Ho!

Love to all, Dennis

I'm like the approach, except that my sister uses it too! We returned home
from her house yesterday with a gift for my son that was specifically to
come home, oh, and the batteries are nicely wrapped on top of the package.
I'm afraid.

Lisa

Old December 21st 04, 06:03 PM
Karen

That's a generous idea but I am wondering if he'll miss out on the
satisfaction of earning it himself?...

Karen

Old December 21st 04, 06:05 PM
Karen

I love your Christmas spirit!

Karen

Old December 21st 04, 06:08 PM
Karen

Old December 21st 04, 06:16 PM
Joelle

That's a generous idea but I am wondering if he'll miss out on the
satisfaction of earning it himself?...

Not that I asked your opinion - but duh - he DID earn it himself, regardless if
I give him another $100 or not. That's why I let him do it instead of saying
he could have it for christmas.

Geesh and you don't think you are hypercritical fo EVERYTHING I say or do, here
you are criticizing my damn presents for my kids. You are a piece of work.

Old December 21st 04, 06:27 PM
Lisa

"Joelle" wrote in message
That's a generous idea but I am wondering if he'll miss out on the
satisfaction of earning it himself?...

Not that I asked your opinion - but duh - he DID earn it himself,

regardless if
I give him another $100 or not. That's why I let him do it instead of

saying
he could have it for christmas.

Geesh and you don't think you are hypercritical fo EVERYTHING I say or do,

here
you are criticizing my damn presents for my kids. You are a piece of

work.

Joelle
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page - St
Augustine
Joelle

We did the exact same thing with my son, he saved his money for an Xbox, and
purchased it at the end of November. My husband, however, simply could not
wait and helped out by upgrading to the Crystal version, plus buying another
game. I know better than to let those two go shopping by themselves.

Our boy is very proud of himself that he saved for it, and understands that
the upgrading is part of his Christmas present. None of this took away from
the fact that he saved enough himself.

Lisa

Old December 21st 04, 07:35 PM
Lisa

"Joelle" wrote in message
Our boy is very proud of himself that he saved for it, and understands

that
the upgrading is part of his Christmas present

Seems like a win win- he gets to save and earn something himself, you get

give him an even bigger surprise -everyone is happy.

Definately. Teaching kids these days the value of a buck and earning what
you want isn't that easy it seems. Compared to his best friend, I have a
juniorslaveboy. We made sure to praise him a great deal, and his dimples
come out.

Wish I sort of thought that's what the holdays were for...

Yeah well, my dearest darling was shopping without me again yesterday.