poo in bed

Old October 18th 04, 06:59 PM
Nan

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 10:25:21 -0400, Marie
scribbled:

My daughter just turned two. For weeks now, when she wakes up in the
morning or from her nap (both are in her crib), if she's had a poo she
either takes her diaper off first and it gets all over, or she'll do
it in her diaper and then take it off. I end up cleaning the whole
bed, sheets, covers, and her at least 2 times a week. I can not take
waking up to this mess anymore...PLEASE help me!! She is a difficult
child to begin with. You'd think after having two before her I might
know something P
I have tried different kinds of pajamas, she is able to take off her
clothes so nothing works. She can work all the snaps, front or back
(yes, down her back). I just can't think of anything else. I tried
laying clothing a few times, but of course she got all of that off
also.
She does all of this before she calls for me to let me know she's
awake, so I don't even know she is up. She gets up at various times
also.

Diaper on backwards, duct tape, or blanket sleeper with a zipper that
you pin to the collar. I've used all 3 methods at various times ;-)

Nan
Old October 18th 04, 11:17 PM
dragonlady

In article ,
Marie wrote:

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 15:03:11 GMT, dragonlady
wrote:
The other thing you may have to do is stay REALLY close to where she's
sleeping, so you can get to her before she gets a chance to do this.

The only problem I have with that is in the morning, I sleep until she
wakes me up. I'm a light sleeper so I do wake up when she starts
talking. I'd have to get up before her earliest waking times and
that's bad for me P
When did your sister stop?
Marie

None of our kids are alike -- I never had one that poop-painted, but my
sister did; it's a tough phase, but they do, eventually, get over it!

No, my sister had a KID who did that -- and I honestly don't know; I
get the impression that it only lasted a few months.

Old October 19th 04, 01:17 AM
Catherine Woodgold

Cathy Weeks ) writes:
Take a blanket sleeper with a long zipper. If it has feet, cut the
feet off. Then put it on her backward, with a safety pin through the
zipper tab (they usually have a hole in the tab) and pin it to her
sleeper. I'd use one of the big safety pins used for diapers - hard to
use, and unlikely to come undone accidentally and stick her.

A safety pin in the end of the zipper handle may not be
effective. It's possible to undo a zipper by contorting the
clothing, without undoing the pin. Another pin going almost right
through the zipper may help. This damages the zipper, but
maybe she'll grow out of the clothes (or the
habit) before the damage builds up enough to let the
zipper open.

I mean, the pin goes through the cloth part of the zipper,
down on one side and up on the other side, very close to
the metal (or plastic?) part of the zipper, and gets
in the way so the thingy can't slide.
--
Cathy
Old October 19th 04, 01:23 AM
Catherine Woodgold

If you do the sleeper and duct tape, she may be more likely to give
up if you begin both at once. Otherwise, you're presenting her
with gradually increasing challenges.

I hope the duct tape won't be tight enough around the waist to
disturb her breathing or make her uncomfortable.

Another tack: you could cover the bed with a layer of
plastic.

Maybe she's uncomfortable in the diaper after pooping.
Making the bottom of the diaper looser might help.

Maybe she likes playing in yucky things. It might help
to give her lots of opportunities to use fingerpaint and
slime and stuff (without mentioning to her any connection).

Maybe she likes the challenge of undoing the clothes. Giving
her other opportunities to put clothes on and off, and get
praised for it, might help. Congratulations -- she's
clever with her fingers!

You said she's a difficult child. You might like to
read the book "Raising Your Spirited Child".
--
Cathy
Old October 19th 04, 02:39 AM
newfy.1

"Ericka Kammerer" wrote in message

Duct tape? My condolences--been there, done that. You
might try a blanket sleeper on backwards (she might not be able
to do a zipper all the way down her back?). Seriously consider
the duct tape ;-)

Mine condolences too. I've BTDT and as dragonlady thought with her sister,
in our case it only lasted a couple of months. The duct tape didn't help in
our case though since he would go in through the legs and not take his
diaper off. Also, it was summer and a very hot one so I couldn't dress him
in heavier clothing or else he would have cooked. Sorry I wasn't very
helpful, just sympathizing.

JennP.

Old October 19th 04, 02:43 AM
newfy.1

"Catherine Woodgold" wrote in message

If you do the sleeper and duct tape, she may be more likely to give
up if you begin both at once. Otherwise, you're presenting her
with gradually increasing challenges.

I hope the duct tape won't be tight enough around the waist to
disturb her breathing or make her uncomfortable.

Why would it be?

Another tack: you could cover the bed with a layer of
plastic.

What's that going to do? Matthew would paint himself and his crib slats.

Maybe she's uncomfortable in the diaper after pooping.
Making the bottom of the diaper looser might help.

Maybe she likes playing in yucky things. It might help
to give her lots of opportunities to use fingerpaint and
slime and stuff (without mentioning to her any connection).

I think this was our case. I really just think it was curiosity and tactile
experimentation.

JennP.

Old October 19th 04, 03:53 AM
Marie

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 21:39:44 -0400, "newfy.1"
wrote:
Mine condolences too. I've BTDT and as dragonlady thought with her sister,
in our case it only lasted a couple of months. The duct tape didn't help in
our case though since he would go in through the legs and not take his
diaper off. Also, it was summer and a very hot one so I couldn't dress him
in heavier clothing or else he would have cooked. Sorry I wasn't very
helpful, just sympathizing.

Well thanks...you understand anyway, that is helpful also. I really
have not heard about any other toddlers doing this and was wondering
WHY she does!! Nice to know others of you get to wake up to morning
baths and scrubbing the cribs also lol.
Marie
Old October 19th 04, 04:13 AM
Tori M.

How I did the diaper pin in the zipper was to put it in the cloth seam on
one side then through the eye of the zipper and then right through the cloth
seam on the other side. There was NO way to unzip it..

Tori

--
Bonnie 3/20/02
Xavier Late due to being his fathers child. I would have been 15 minutes