Young, Pregnant, and getting married wedesday

Old January 31st 05, 06:03 AM
bigislandshopper

Default Young, Pregnant, and getting married wedesday

My roommate is 21 years old and is 2 months pregnant. She has been
dating her boyfriend for a year and a half and our really in love. They
decided to get married on the beach this Wed. 2/2/05. Since ever thing
has happend so quickly, I haven't had much time to help her out with
anything but I really want to throw her a bridal/baby shower. I need
advice on how to throw a fun party that is apporiate for her situation.
I need innovative idea on combineing the bridal and baby shower, for
her young crowd of girlfriends. Mahalo.

Old January 31st 05, 07:05 AM
Jo

bigislandshopper wrote:
My roommate is 21 years old and is 2 months pregnant. She has been
dating her boyfriend for a year and a half and our really in love. They
decided to get married on the beach this Wed. 2/2/05. Since ever thing
has happend so quickly, I haven't had much time to help her out with
anything but I really want to throw her a bridal/baby shower. I need
advice on how to throw a fun party that is apporiate for her situation.
I need innovative idea on combineing the bridal and baby shower, for
her young crowd of girlfriends. Mahalo.

Since your roommate shouldn't be drinking, make sure there is plenty of
non-alcoholic champagne going around! Is she feeling sick? If so,
probably a quiet night in with the girls and order in pizza or something
would be nice. If she's well - perhaps a nice dinner out at a not too
posh resturant (so you can do the whole present thing without getting
stared at too much) followed by some dancing? (but where to stow all the
presents??).

OOH sounds like fuN!

Jo (RM)
Old February 1st 05, 09:08 PM

I would just stick with the bridal shower and focus on that right now.
Giving any kind of baby shower is bad luck this early in pregnancy, she
is not even past the 12 week mark yet. Give her a baby shower later
in the pregnancy. If you do something special now and something
happens to the pregnancy you will feel awful.

Carolyn