Excellent News!!!

Old July 2nd 03, 07:50 PM
Paul Griffiths

Default Excellent News!!!

"CME" wrote in message

K, I'm still in shock... I just found out this afternoon that I was

accepted
into the Criminology Program at the University of Alberta. They had over
700 applicants with only 12 openings, and apparently I get to fill one.

lol
At first I screamed with excitement while hopping up and down like a

rabbit,
then it turned to tears of joy and utter shock so the boys asked me

"Mommy,
why are you crying, it's good news!" lmao OMG, I still can't believe it.

Way to go!

That's excellent news and I wish you luck with the course if you need it.
:-))

--
Paul Griffiths

Old July 2nd 03, 11:05 PM
Dennis Here

CME wrote in message ...

K, I'm still in shock... I just found out this afternoon that I was

accepted
into the Criminology Program at the University of Alberta.

Wonderful news! Congratulations!
Amazing what you can achieve when you get a little control on your
"attitude"

Dennis

Old July 3rd 03, 01:40 AM

In ,
CME typed:
K, I'm still in shock... I just found out this afternoon that I was
accepted into the Criminology Program at the University of Alberta.
They had over 700 applicants with only 12 openings, and apparently I
get to fill one. lol At first I screamed with excitement while
hopping up and down like a rabbit, then it turned to tears of joy and
utter shock so the boys asked me "Mommy, why are you crying, it's
good news!" lmao OMG, I still can't believe it.

Christine

My congratulations to you!!! You have worked hard...and I know you will
continue the hard work.

Betsy
--
Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with
ketchup.

Old July 3rd 03, 03:39 AM
CME

"Tiffany" wrote in message
As though you didn't know you would get in?

Ever have that little voice in the back of your mind saying "Nah, you
probably won't make it"? I did. I think it was to soften the blow, just in
case. lol

Christine

Old July 3rd 03, 03:40 AM
CME

"Dennis Here" youreply
wrote in message ...

CME wrote in message ...

K, I'm still in shock... I just found out this afternoon that I was

accepted
into the Criminology Program at the University of Alberta.

Wonderful news! Congratulations!
Amazing what you can achieve when you get a little control on your
"attitude"

Dennis

Nah, attitude is still there, it keeps me focused. lol

Christine

Old July 3rd 03, 03:39 PM
Laura

"CME" wrote in message t...
K, I'm still in shock... I just found out this afternoon that I was accepted
into the Criminology Program at the University of Alberta. They had over
700 applicants with only 12 openings, and apparently I get to fill one. lol
At first I screamed with excitement while hopping up and down like a rabbit,
then it turned to tears of joy and utter shock so the boys asked me "Mommy,
why are you crying, it's good news!" lmao OMG, I still can't believe it.

Christine

That is such great news! Congratulations and good luck to you!

lm
Old July 3rd 03, 05:33 PM
Dennis Here

CME wrote in message ...

"Dennis Here" wrote in message

Wonderful news! Congratulations!
Amazing what you can achieve when you get a little control on your
"attitude"

Nah, attitude is still there, it keeps me focused. lol

That is exactly what I mean. I think that a certain amount of "attitude" is
a good thing, it just needs a direction.
When I started my new job I was frequently warned about one of my staff who
was supposed to have a "bad" attitude. He is only 21 and to me he was just
doing what a lot of guys do at that age but to the extent that he was
beginning to have the odd brush with the law. In the last 6 months I have
(against advice from others) given him more responsibility rather than less,
told him of his value to me and the company and explained to him that he has
the makings of a top class scaffolder. His "attitude" has noticeably changed
and he is even coming in to work for me on Sunday to help me out of a tight
spot. It will be the first Sunday he has ever worked for the firm as he
usually spends every Sat night getting ****ed.

When you first arrived here Christine you had what could be described as a
severe attitude particularly about men. I think neighbours got a mention as
well at some point!
I am delighted to read your recent posts about your place and about your
home and love life. Without your "attitude" things would have taken much
longer and may well not have happened at all.
I think the College probably recognised the same qualities in you in favour
of the other 200 or so.

Dennis

Old July 6th 03, 05:59 PM
Cele

On Wed, 02 Jul 2003 18:27:55 GMT, "CME"
wrote:

K, I'm still in shock... I just found out this afternoon that I was accepted
into the Criminology Program at the University of Alberta. They had over
700 applicants with only 12 openings, and apparently I get to fill one. lol
At first I screamed with excitement while hopping up and down like a rabbit,
then it turned to tears of joy and utter shock so the boys asked me "Mommy,
why are you crying, it's good news!" lmao OMG, I still can't believe it.

Oh, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Hooray!!!

Well DONE, Christine!

Cele
Old July 10th 03, 08:11 AM
CME

"Tiffany" wrote in message
As though you didn't know you would get in?

Oh I most certainly had no idea I'd get in. Really. Just picture it, 700
applicants, and 12 spots were filled. The interview went well, but hell it
all came down to our GPAs and I didn't think mine was high enough (with
twins you chose your battles, B+s and A-s are just fine with me. lol). I
think the fact I am a single parent, and a highschool drop out, made them
realize that if I can overcome all of that, then hell yeah I'm worthy. lol

Christine

Breastfeeding news from Sweden (also: Pediatrician 'responds' to Gastaldo) Todd Gastaldo Pregnancy 40 May 24th 04 02:18 AM
OT GREAT news Dawn Lawson Breastfeeding 19 February 15th 04 06:00 AM
Little bad news, little good news Auntie Bubbles Pregnancy 6 December 6th 03 04:27 PM
Good News/Bad News? JG Kids Health 39 November 24th 03 04:37 PM
News of the Okies - 9/15/03 Uncle Jerry General 0 September 15th 03 03:01 PM