CTTS: Naming my breasts!

Old March 8th 04, 09:33 PM
Lina

Default CTTS: Naming my breasts!

On Sunday we have a family tradition, newly started, of lounging in bed.
Well, yesterday, Alena got hungry and started saying Booba. Then she'd tap
my breast and make the sign for nursing.
Then she did it again a few hours later.

Now she'll look at me and say Booba and then want to eat!

I can't stop smiling when she does it... it's so cute!

Old March 8th 04, 10:45 PM
Nikki

Default Naming my breasts!

Lina wrote:
On Sunday we have a family tradition, newly started, of lounging
in bed. Well, yesterday, Alena got hungry and started saying Booba.
Then she'd tap my breast and make the sign for nursing.
Then she did it again a few hours later.

Now she'll look at me and say Booba and then want to eat!

I can't stop smiling when she does it... it's so cute!

That is really cute isn't it :-) Enjoy it. Hunter never named 'em. Luke
did. Num-nums. He's weaned and still calls them that. I was shopping with
my aunt the other day and she held up a bra that was on sale and asked me
about it. Luke cocked his head to one side and said that was for the
num-nums.
--
Nikki
Mama to Hunter (4) and Luke (2)

Old March 9th 04, 12:56 AM
Libby Macdonald

On Mon, 08 Mar 2004 21:33:52 +0000, Lina wrote:

On Sunday we have a family tradition, newly started, of lounging in
bed.
Well, yesterday, Alena got hungry and started saying Booba. Then she'd tap
my breast and make the sign for nursing. Then she did it again a few hours
later.

Now she'll look at me and say Booba and then want to eat!

I can't stop smiling when she does it... it's so cute!

Hehe!
DS requests feeding by head-butting me and making coughing noises, then
sits back, pats whichever is closest, and says "best."
Libby
and DS 16.5 months and counting
Old March 9th 04, 03:53 PM
Irene

"Libby Macdonald" wrote in message . ..
On Mon, 08 Mar 2004 21:33:52 +0000, Lina wrote:

On Sunday we have a family tradition, newly started, of lounging in
bed.
Well, yesterday, Alena got hungry and started saying Booba. Then she'd tap
my breast and make the sign for nursing. Then she did it again a few hours
later.

Now she'll look at me and say Booba and then want to eat!

I can't stop smiling when she does it... it's so cute!

Hehe!
DS requests feeding by head-butting me and making coughing noises, then
sits back, pats whichever is closest, and says "best."
Libby
and DS 16.5 months and counting

So, your ds really thinks that Breastfeeding is Bestfeeding! g

Irene
Old March 9th 04, 10:46 PM
Libby Macdonald

On Tue, 09 Mar 2004 07:53:21 -0800, Irene wrote:

"Libby Macdonald" wrote in message
. ..
On Mon, 08 Mar 2004 21:33:52 +0000, Lina wrote:

On Sunday we have a family tradition, newly started, of lounging
in bed.
Well, yesterday, Alena got hungry and started saying Booba. Then she'd
tap my breast and make the sign for nursing. Then she did it again a
few hours later.

Now she'll look at me and say Booba and then want to eat!

I can't stop smiling when she does it... it's so cute!

Hehe!
DS requests feeding by head-butting me and making coughing noises, then
sits back, pats whichever is closest, and says "best." Libby
and DS 16.5 months and counting

So, your ds really thinks that Breastfeeding is Bestfeeding! g

Irene

I think he really does! (although he would probably say "behehehehe" because he
has temporarily given up on multi-syllabic words). He's also recently taken
a liking to cow's milk which he calls "muck."

Libby
and DS 16.5 months and counting
(sorry to have highjacked the very cute thread).

Old March 10th 04, 12:41 AM
Dragon

"Lina" wrote in message able.rogers.com...
On Sunday we have a family tradition, newly started, of lounging in bed.
Well, yesterday, Alena got hungry and started saying Booba. Then she'd tap
my breast and make the sign for nursing.
Then she did it again a few hours later.

Now she'll look at me and say Booba and then want to eat!

I can't stop smiling when she does it... it's so cute!

A bit of advice from a mom who's 4 year old is still nursing now and
again:

Don't encourage any words for nursing you wouldn't like to hear spoken
in the checkout line or any other public situation. "Mommy, want
booba," leaves nothing to the imagination in the minds of nearby
listeners. Believe me, it will happen!

Perhaps this one wouldn't bother you, but I'll admit I'm glad DS
settled on "ibbles" (short for nibbles, since he was *such* a little
nibbler :-) When he asks for ibbles no one listening really knows
what he wants. Just something to think about...

dragon
Old March 10th 04, 01:00 AM
Phoebe Roberts, EA

Dragon wrote:

Don't encourage any words for nursing you wouldn't like to hear spoken
in the checkout line or any other public situation.

Allyson and I have had several conversations regarding her *never*
saying "boobie" in front of Caterpillar, because it's not going to be
her going through Walmart dragging a baby who's screaming that word.

Phoebe

Old March 10th 04, 07:31 AM
KC

"Lina" wrote in message able.rogers.com...
On Sunday we have a family tradition, newly started, of lounging in bed.
Well, yesterday, Alena got hungry and started saying Booba. Then she'd tap
my breast and make the sign for nursing.
Then she did it again a few hours later.

Now she'll look at me and say Booba and then want to eat!

I can't stop smiling when she does it... it's so cute!

Jessi says Mama Bubba when she wants to nurse.

KC
Caitlin 4 years
Jessi 9 months

Old March 10th 04, 05:20 PM

[...]