Thimerosal Vindicated as Cause of Autism: More Questions and Still No Answers

Old January 18th 08, 02:11 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health
vernon O

Default Thimerosal Vindicated as Cause of Autism: More Questions and Still No Answers

"Kevysmom" wrote in message
Bottom line: Eating Tuna or Salmon is good for you.
It's been shown, over and over again without regard to mercury.
Is mercury bad, probably, but it doesn't counteract the positive in the
fish

The reason fish is good for you is because of the Omega. Which is
very heealthy for
everyone. But the mercury in the fish, does cause major harm to your
organs, Brain, Liver, Heart and Kidneys.

Tuna is one of the worst offenders, Salmon is a good choice. Unless
you are one of the pesky Pharma shills, Then I say go with the
Tuna! )

Tuna worst? yes. Still not some major poison..

Jan 13, 2:29 pm, "vernon O" vernono@hereandthere wrote:
"Kevysmom" wrote in message

Scaremongering idiots! It is still only 1 microgram. Fish fillets
contain
between 5-50 micrograms per kilogram in Australia. Our favourite fish,
Barramundi contains up to 310 micrograms per kilogram and Snapper up to
520.
So a single fish meal of 100 G

Scaremongering is your first name! I think you forgot to add the
decimal point before your numbers!

HOW MUCH MERCURY IS IN 6 OUNCES OF CHUNK WHITE TUNA?

Multiply amount of fish by average mercury level for chunk white
albacore.
Convert 6 ounces to grams = 170 grams 170 grams X .31 ppm (or
micrograms per gram)**
MERCURY INGESTED = 52.7 micrograms per gram

Thimerosal Vindicated as Cause of Autism: More Questions and Still No
Answers
January 8, 2008
With yet another epidemiological study reeking with conflicts of
interest,
thimerosal containing vaccines are declared safe by the immunization
branch of the California Department of Public Health. Unfortunately,
epidemiological studies done by people who are part of the
immunization
program have a major credibility problem. This of course does not stop
the
mainstream press from hopping all over these studies without even
thinking
of asking any questions.

The study claims that "some" flu shots still contain thimerosal.
Actually,
out of 132 million doses of flu vaccine for the 2007-08 flu season, 8
million doses are thimerosal free. That means 94% contain the full
amount
of thimerosal. Stating that "some" contain thimerosal is a very
deceptive
statement at best.

Critics will say that California has banned thimerosal containing flu
shots for pregnant women and infants. This ban took effect in 2006.
Last
year they lifted the ban because they could not find an adequate
supply
of
thimerosal free shots. If a pregnant woman got a flu shot in 2001 and
her
child followed the flu shot recommendations, the baby/fetus would have
received six flu shots with the full amount of thimerosal by the year
2005. This hardly represents the claim that no thimerosal containing
vaccines were given after 2001. Besides, with no government agency
testing
vaccines for mercury, who really knows if mercury has been removed
from
vaccines.

Vaccines with "trace" amounts of thimerosal are supposed to contain
less
than 1 microgram of mercury per 0.5 ml dose. This is equal to a
concentration of 2000 micrograms per liter. When looked at this way,
this
hardly seems like a "trace" amount of mercury.

Scaremongering idiots! It is still only 1 microgram. Fish fillets
contain
between 5-50 micrograms per kilogram in Australia. Our favourite fish,
Barramundi contains up to 310 micrograms per kilogram and Snapper up to
520.
So a single fish meal of 100 G may supply far more than 1 microgram of
methyl mercury -- and fish may be eaten several times a week! Why not
make
sure people are aware of this *real* risk?

The theory always was that increasing rates of autism were due to the
increased amount of mercury being adminstered to children in vaccines.
There are at least six studies from different countries showing that
taking
most of the thiomerosal out of vaccines has not reduced the incidence.
This
last study clinched the case so far as American children are concerned.

PM

We constantly hear that rates of autism have increased due to earlier
intervention, changes in diagnostic criteria and diagnostic
substitution.
Were these co-factors considered? Have rates of autism in California
really continued to climb? They can't have it both ways.

Before we declare thimerosal containing vaccines safe, consider these
numbers:

0.5 parts per billion (ppb) mercury = Kills human neuroblastoma cells
(Parran et al., Toxicol Sci 2005; 86: 132-140).

http://www.americanchronicle.com/art...sp?articleID=4...

Again Studies about Vaccines and Thimerosal are misleading

When will these authors of studies stop claiming that all but a few
vaccines contain the mercury additive Thimerosal? 80% of all flu
vaccines
contain this preservative. As of June in 2005 many other vaccines that
are
recommended for children still contained normal or trace amounts of
Thimerosal. Many mothers and children still had mercury amalgams. Some
foods such as Tuna contain mercury. We still eat and breath this
highly
toxic substance. When you include the many other chemicals and heavy
metals that have been found to cause developmental delays that are in
fact
on the increase it's not to hard to figure out why numbers have not
dropped.
There are many questions about this latest study from the California
State
Public Health Department that remain unanswered. What are the ages?
Are
they including all ASD disorders or just regressive Autism? Why do
they
still falsely claim that Thimerosal is not in any other vaccine and
only
some Flu vaccines? This statement just is simply not true. And why
isn't
there an age criteria for diagnoses such as five years old when school
aged children can be truly observed on a daily basis? And when using
this
age it shows that what little reduction there is in the use of
thimerosal
these children still fall under the excessive amount.

Are they finding these infants up to let's say 3 years old unable to
interact with their peers? Do these youngsters show signs of learning
disabilities? C'mon you can't claim that mercury in any form is safe
and
with increased exposures of this toxin combined with others you will
find
that the numbers will remain or climb. This is being touted as a
disorder
that is untreatable and unavoidable. And that is sad as the medical
community claims success in many other diseases and disorders.

You can't mark mercury off the list as its toxic strength is much too
strong. We are still hearing about lead that was banned 20 plus years
ago
as we find it everywhere. Mercury was used in paint also but that is
rarely mentioned. The fact is it was used in kitchen and bathroom
paints
along with other areas susceptible to mold. We scream if products from
China contain lead but buy food and are told to use lights that
contain
mercury.

Of course we are seeing genetic mutations you always do when there are
poisonings going on. We are witnessing children hitting puberty at
younger
ages, Obesity, Diabetes II, Heart Disease and many psychological and
neurological disorders are on the increase along with Autism or ASD,
ADD
included. To give Thimerosal a no contribution label is not only
dangerous
but criminal when you look at what role mercury has played with those
exposed to it over the years.

We need to put a stop to this continuous claim that mercury in any
form
is
somehow safe when it has been known for hundreds of years to be very
dangerous and even lethal. Why did the Romans only use slaves to mine
for
it? Why does the manufacturer of the specific compound Thimerosal warn
of
its toxicity? Why was it banned in most applications except as a
vaccine
preservative injected directly into our blood stream? Why is it still
being used in any vaccine and during the manufacture of other
vaccines?
And why do upwards of 85% of those tested that suffer from ASD show
marked
spikes when chelating heavy metals for mercury? Still too many
questions
abound with no serious answers that the powers that be except.

http://www.americanchronicle.com/art...sp?articleID=4...

Bottom line: Eating Tuna or Salmon is good for you.
It's been shown, over and over again without regard to mercury.
Is mercury bad, probably, but it doesn't counteract the positive in the
fish.- Hide quoted text -

Old January 18th 08, 04:28 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health
Mark Probert

SumBuny wrote:
"Mark Probert" wrote in message
SumBuny wrote:
"David Wright" wrote in message
. ..
In article ,
SumBuny wrote:

"David Wright" wrote in message
. ..
In article ,
SumBuny wrote:
"The One True Zhen Jue" wrote in message
On Jan 14, 1:48 pm, wrote:
On Jan 14, 3:26 am, "Peter Moran" wrote:

You seem to think that even 1 microgram of a substance is so tiny
that
you can inject it into a host with no repercussions.

Let us condider thimerosal. 1 microgram of thimerosal would
represent
1,200 atoms of thimerosal per affected cell in the adult human body.
Fact: Children weren't getting mercury poisoning from vaccinations
when they had thimerosal.
Fact: Mercury poisoning & autism rates were unchanged by removing
thimerosal from vaccines.

When they "removed" the thimerisol from the vaccines...I noticed that
there
was no recall of those vaccines--that would have admitted wrongdoing
and
opened up companies for lawsuits.

No, what happened was that companies stopped putting thimerisol in
*new*
doses of vaccines...but they did not remove it from *existing*
supplies....

I wonder.....how many thousands--perhaps millions--of doses were
already
sitting on shelves, waiting to be adminsitered?

I wonder--could *that* be why the rates were unchanged?
No. Even by 2002, virtually all the thimerosal-containing vaccines
were gone from the shelves.

Reallly ? Then why was it that I *still* had to request it for my son?
*still* had to verify that they were thimerisol-free, at least at the
last
time my son had to take a school-mandated vaccination (which was around
the
turn of the century...)
It was about 95% by the time a survey was done in 2002.
"It was about 95% by the time a survey was done in 2002."

?

*What* was about 95% by the time a survey was done in 2002? The amount
of vaccines containing thimerisol *on the shelf*were at 95%? The amount
of vaccines *on the shelf* that no longer had thimerisol were at 95%?

The amount of vaccines *in production* were at 95%?

What are you describing?

95% gone by then. I cannot find the reference, but this was studied.

You can understand a gal that is being cautious, though...and that is, at
times, frustrated...I never *could* understand why we had "stuff" that was
not needed in the things we were injecting into our kids in the first place
sigh

But it was needed when the doctors used multi dose vials. Thimerosal
prevented contamination. Other additives also had their purposes.

Old January 18th 08, 04:46 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health
David Wright

SumBuny wrote:

"David Wright" wrote in message
om...

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++
When they "removed" the thimerisol from the vaccines...I noticed that
there
was no recall of those vaccines--that would have admitted wrongdoing and
opened up companies for lawsuits.

No, what happened was that companies stopped putting thimerisol in *new*
doses of vaccines...but they did not remove it from *existing*
supplies....

I wonder.....how many thousands--perhaps millions--of doses were already
sitting on shelves, waiting to be adminsitered?

I wonder--could *that* be why the rates were unchanged?

No. Even by 2002, virtually all the thimerosal-containing vaccines
were gone from the shelves.

Reallly ? Then why was it that I *still* had to request it for my son? I
*still* had to verify that they were thimerisol-free, at least at the last
time my son had to take a school-mandated vaccination (which was around
the
turn of the century...)

It was about 95% by the time a survey was done in 2002.

"It was about 95% by the time a survey was done in 2002."

?

*What* was about 95% by the time a survey was done in 2002? The amount of
vaccines containing thimerisol *on the shelf*were at 95%? The amount of
vaccines *on the shelf* that no longer had thimerisol were at 95%?

The amount of vaccines *in production* were at 95%?

What are you describing?

Sorry, the thimerosal-containing vaccines were 95% gone (from the
shelves) by 2002. That is to say, you only had about a 5% chance
of receiving such a vaccine.

-- David Wright :: alphabeta at copper.net
"Without Bush, what will America's schoolchildren have to look down on?"
-- Bill Maher
Old January 19th 08, 04:36 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health
David Wright

On Jan 14, 1:48 pm, wrote:
[...]

Oh, but it *was* needed. It wasn't just there for the hell of it.
It was there to prevent bacterial growth in the vaccine.

-- David Wright :: alphabeta at copper.net
Old January 19th 08, 05:07 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health
Jan Drew

SumBuny wrote:

"David Wright" wrote in message
m...
In article ,
SumBuny wrote:

"David Wright" wrote in message
news:yt6dncAqS9YihxHanZ2dnUVZ_v7inZ2d@comcast. com...

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++
[...]

Let's lay that lie to rest.

http://adventuresinautism.blogspot.c...n-doctors.html

2005

And, still, its use in vaccines went unexamined. Thimerosal also continued
...... 10.5 micrograms of mercury per dose were on the shelves until April
2003, ...

http://www.motherjones.com/news/feat...03/02_354.html

-- David Wright

Old January 19th 08, 08:07 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health
MothWrangler

David Wright wrote:

SumBuny wrote:

"David Wright" wrote in message
news:EOidnQgz4IfmUhPanZ2dnUVZ_jidnZ2d@comcast. com...

[...]

And, although developed countries have another means of preventing
bacterial growth, refrigeration, third world countries don't have that
luxury commonly available. I don't know what impact removing thimerisol
will have on the vaccination programs in third world countries.

Nancy
Unique, like everyone else

--
Proud member since 2007, WWWSC #1