slow flowing sippy cups?

Old January 31st 05, 02:28 PM

Default slow flowing sippy cups?

my dd (5mo) drinks ebm with avent soft spout sippy cup (the attachment
that goes on top of avent bottles instead of a nipple). The problem is
she's getting too much at a gulp and her face and dress gets all soaked
up. Is there a recommendation for a slow flowing sippy cup?

I don't want to switch back to a nipple because of several reasons.
Thanks.

Old January 31st 05, 09:30 PM
cara

The brand is First Years, here is a link - its the 'take and toss'
series I was referring to:
http://www.thefirstyears.com/product...sp?pValue=1192
My now 10 month old was drinking from them around 5-6 months. I've
spent money on all sorts of sippy cups but these seem like the best, and
you can't beat the price.

cara

Thanks for your reply. Are the ones you're suggesting ok for 5 month
olds? Can you name the brand?

Thanks.

Old February 1st 05, 03:38 PM
Hobbes

"cara" wrote in message
ink.net...

The brand is First Years, here is a link - its the 'take and toss'
series I was referring to:
http://www.thefirstyears.com/product...sp?pValue=1192
My now 10 month old was drinking from them around 5-6 months. I've
spent money on all sorts of sippy cups but these seem like the best, and
you can't beat the price.

I tried these, but had problems with the tops coming off. I couldn't put
them in a diaper bag without the pressure on the sides forcing the tops off,
and DS quickly learned how to decapitate them (he was older than 5 months,
though!). I stick with tops that screw on. First Years also makes a more
permanent type cup that doesn't have a valve, which we love (less cleaning
involved). They seem to be fairly slow, but the spouts might be a little big
and hard for a baby so young.

--
Jodi
SAHM to Oliver (3 years, 11 months)