OT Sitting

Old July 31st 03, 03:24 PM
Faye Tarzwell

Default OT Sitting

DD sat just a few weeks ago. She was about one week short of 5 months when
she sat unassisted for good and had been whinning to be put upright for a
good while before that.
She is also almost crawling (two knees go forward but she lays down to move
the hands forward).
Babies are different and while some develop certain skills first other
develop another set of skills first. Your son might be an early talker
instead.
As long as you are giving him plenty of floor time and stimulating him to
move around he will be just fine

FayeC

"shelby" wrote in message
.. .
When did your baby sit by him[her]self?
My ds is almost seven months and can't sit yet, and I am wondering if I
should be concerned.
On that note he is rolling and creeping (backwards lol) all over the

place -
I think he is going to start to crawl fairly shortly.
Just wondering .... thanks

Michelle

Old July 31st 03, 04:51 PM
Sue

Hi Michelle,

DD1 sat up at 7 months. DD2 and DD3 were probably around that age, I can't
remember them though as much as I can my first.
--
Sue
mom to three girls

.. .

Old July 31st 03, 11:08 PM
Mogget

In message , shelby
writes
When did your baby sit by him[her]self?
My ds is almost seven months and can't sit yet, and I am wondering if I
should be concerned.

Ditto here, and no I'm not concerned.
--
Mogget, the Churl in the Puce Greatcoat
Old August 1st 03, 04:15 AM
Cathy

shelby wrote in message
.. .
When did your baby sit by him[her]self?
My ds is almost seven months and can't sit yet, and I am wondering if I
should be concerned.

DD is also nearly 7 months (I think she and your DS are birthday buddies).
She can sit unassisted for a short time, if she in in the right frame of
mind, generally if she is distracted by something. But she is also very
active, and can't bear to be still, so I think that is why she doesn't sit
for long. She has been rolling since 4 months, and commando crawling since
nearly 6 months. Sounds like you DS just doesn't want to be still either!

Cathy

Old August 1st 03, 10:07 PM
A&G&K

"shelby" wrote in message
.. .
When did your baby sit by him[her]self?
My ds is almost seven months and can't sit yet, and I am wondering if I
should be concerned.
On that note he is rolling and creeping (backwards lol) all over the

place -
I think he is going to start to crawl fairly shortly.
Just wondering .... thanks

Michelle

DD sat unassisted at around 5 months and could get herself into a sitting
position at 6.5 months crawling soon after I think. Everybody said "oh
she'll be an early walker" but so far has walked only a couple of times and
prefers to crawl at 11.5 months. All this means is that DD is achieving each
"milestone" within the normal bounds.
There is a range of ages for each "milestone" and they frequently happen
out of order so I don't think you need be concerned at all.
Cheers
Amanda

Old August 2nd 03, 03:29 AM
Cathy

shelby wrote in message
.. .
Thanks Everyone, I feel better You know, I just never thought of

putting
it the way everyone did but you're right: he just doesn't want to sit

cause
he's too busy moving lol.

Cathy, when is your dd born? Aden is 01/08/03 - that would be kinda neat.

Yep! DD was born on the 8th of January as well (only on this side of the
world we'ld write it as 08/01/03!!).

Cathy

Old August 7th 03, 04:54 AM
K.B.

My one son sat at 6 months but didn't start to walk until 14 months. Every
baby is different. I've learned not to rush it. As long as they are reaching
some milestones and they seem to be growing mentally and emotionally.
Kris
.. .

Old September 1st 03, 12:30 PM
shelby

Oh no - I reconfigured my computer and the date is wrong ... if this is
stuck up here until Aug. 31 I am going to be really embarrased! Sorry about
that!

"shelby" wrote in message
.. .
Thanks Everyone, I feel better You know, I just never thought of

putting
it the way everyone did but you're right: he just doesn't want to sit

cause
he's too busy moving lol.

Cathy, when is your dd born? Aden is 01/08/03 - that would be kinda neat.
"Cathy" wrote in message

shelby wrote in message
.. .
When did your baby sit by him[her]self?
My ds is almost seven months and can't sit yet, and I am wondering if

should be concerned.

DD is also nearly 7 months (I think she and your DS are birthday

buddies).
She can sit unassisted for a short time, if she in in the right frame of
mind, generally if she is distracted by something. But she is also very
active, and can't bear to be still, so I think that is why she doesn't

sit
for long. She has been rolling since 4 months, and commando crawling

since
nearly 6 months. Sounds like you DS just doesn't want to be still

either!

Cathy

Sitting vs. Side-lying (also: 'We have Todd...' LOL!) Todd Gastaldo Pregnancy 1 June 6th 04 06:02 AM
Short Intro & Q about 8.5 mo sitting up Kathy General 5 June 4th 04 03:53 AM
baby sitting michelle General 2 December 14th 03 04:57 AM
Feldy babies! (also: Sensational Sitting?) (also: Miriam's Effortless Squatting: Is it *TRUE* Effortless Squatting?) Todd Gastaldo Pregnancy 0 November 1st 03 03:01 AM
'Sitting' birth - or SEMIsitting? Todd Gastaldo Pregnancy 0 September 3rd 03 04:24 PM