Its started again

Old July 11th 05, 11:14 PM
April & Baby

Default Its started again

I started bleeding again today, i think its because I over did things and im
sure that baby is fine, bleeding is a brown colour at the moment and it
seemed to just be one episode, kinda like my body is warning me to SLOW down
again. Its just so frustrating that I can not do much. I have a scan in the
morning so that will ease my mind and I am going to go back and see the
doctor to find out what could be causing it.

April and Baby Bump

One month, 18 hours, 43 minutes and 15 seconds. 615 cigarettes not smoked,
saving £146.20. Life saved: 2 days, 3 hours, 15 minutes.

Old July 12th 05, 05:13 AM
Bryna

April & Baby wrote:
I started bleeding again today, i think its because I over did things and=

im
sure that baby is fine, bleeding is a brown colour at the moment and it
seemed to just be one episode, kinda like my body is warning me to SLOW d=

own
again. Its just so frustrating that I can not do much. I have a scan in t=

he
morning so that will ease my mind and I am going to go back and see the
doctor to find out what could be causing it.

April and Baby Bump

One month, 18 hours, 43 minutes and 15 seconds. 615 cigarettes not smoked,
saving =A3146.20. Life saved: 2 days, 3 hours, 15 minutes.

I've had brown/blackish spotting lately as well -- my midwives aren't
concerned and *intellectually* I know it's nothing but some busted
blood vessels, but it's still kind of scary to see that color on the
underwear. It's great that you have a scan tomorrow -- hopefully
you'll get some peace of mind (and if they can figure out what's
causing it, maybe you'll be able to avoid or minimize scares in the
future.) Good luck!

Bryna

Old July 12th 05, 12:17 PM
April & Baby

I've had brown/blackish spotting lately as well -- my midwives aren't
concerned and *intellectually* I know it's nothing but some busted
blood vessels, but it's still kind of scary to see that color on the
underwear. It's great that you have a scan tomorrow -- hopefully
you'll get some peace of mind (and if they can figure out what's
causing it, maybe you'll be able to avoid or minimize scares in the
future.) Good luck!

Bryna

Hi Bryna

I just worry because of the amount of blood and clots I lost a few weeks ago
and spent the night in hospital. I have been told I am having a threatened
miscarrage and it could go either way. I had the scan this morning and baby
seems fine and is kicking about like Beckham so mind eased for a bit. Scan
lady did say that womb was a bit low but not to worry and would have a
better look next time, not sure what this means.

One month, one day, 7 hours, 46 minutes and 57 seconds. 626 cigarettes not
smoked, saving £148.79. Life saved: 2 days, 4 hours, 10 minutes.

Old July 12th 05, 12:44 PM
V.

"April & Baby" wrote in message

[...]

I'm glad your scan was good! I had some spotting on Friday and had a scan
and they couldn't find a reason (we theorize cervical bleeding). My
bleeding was nowhere near as severe as yours though.
When you say "the womb is low", do you mean the placenta is low-lying or
over the birth canal (previa)? Not sure what having a low uterus itself
would mean, but a low-lying placenta or placenta previa can cause some
bleeding (which could be OK or a problem, so not much helpful info there).
But if that's what they mean, the scans will check to see if it moves upward
out of the way (most do).

Hope you feel better, and SLOW DOWN!
Amy

Old July 12th 05, 03:40 PM
Bryna

April & Baby wrote:

I just worry because of the amount of blood and clots I lost a few weeks =

ago
and spent the night in hospital. I have been told I am having a threatened
miscarrage and it could go either way. I had the scan this morning and ba=

by
seems fine and is kicking about like Beckham so mind eased for a bit. Scan
lady did say that womb was a bit low but not to worry and would have a
better look next time, not sure what this means.

One month, one day, 7 hours, 46 minutes and 57 seconds. 626 cigarettes not
smoked, saving =A3148.79. Life saved: 2 days, 4 hours, 10 minutes.

I'm glad to hear that everything looks good with the baby! I remember
the scare you had a few weeks ago -- I didn't realize that they were
calling it a "threatened miscarriage" -- that sounds awfully scary. I
hope the baby will hang in there and that this stage will pass soon!

Bryna

Old July 12th 05, 04:14 PM
April & Baby

"V." wrote in message

"April & Baby" wrote in message

[...]

Sry my mistake

It is the placenta lying low and I have kinda found out a bit about it. I
went to see my MW at the anti natal clinic and apparently its fairly normal
for the placenta to be lying a little low at this stage in pregnancy but
should it still be low later on down the pregnancy then I will have a
planned C section which I am not happy about so am really hoping it goes
where it should be. Apparantly this could also be the reason why I have had
the bleeding, something to do with the tail of the placenta or something.

Just a waiting game!!!!!!!!

Old July 12th 05, 04:20 PM
April & Baby

"Bryna" wrote in message
oups.com...

April & Baby wrote:

[...]

Apprarently any heavy bleeding in pregnancy is counted as a threatend
miscarriage and can go 50/50. I had a few vaginal checks with the heavy
bleeding to see if I the neck of my cirvix (think thats right) was opening
up and the good thing then was that no it wasnt because if that happens then
it turns into an inaventable misscarraige (again thinks thats the right term
but basically it means there is nothing nurses could do to stop miscarraige)

According to the scan the baby is doing wonderful where it is and was
kicking about like a gooden, it was well sweet. At the anti natal clinic
this afternoon we tried to listen for babies heartbeat but because im just
11 weeks we were unable to because the heartbeat thingy wasnt as good as the
ones they have in hospital but im not worried as baby was doing great on the
scan kicking about and I have not really had any bleeding on my underwear
today but a bit of v light spotting when I wiped self after going wee. (sry
about graphic details) I am really positive things will go OK, heck if it
survived the last bleed then it must be a stong little baby. Watch this
space.......

One month, one day, 11 hours, 51 minutes and 16 seconds. 629 cigarettes not
smoked, saving £149.60. Life saved: 2 days, 4 hours, 25 minutes.

Old July 12th 05, 04:36 PM
Ericka Kammerer

April & Baby wrote:

It is the placenta lying low and I have kinda found out a bit about it. I
went to see my MW at the anti natal clinic and apparently its fairly normal
for the placenta to be lying a little low at this stage in pregnancy but
should it still be low later on down the pregnancy then I will have a
planned C section which I am not happy about so am really hoping it goes
where it should be. Apparantly this could also be the reason why I have had
the bleeding, something to do with the tail of the placenta or something.

Low-lying placentas do often cause bleeding, and they
almost always are out of the way by term. The ones you have
to worry about are where the placenta is nearly centered over
the os. Those generally don't get out of the way by term.

Best wishes,
Ericka

Old July 12th 05, 06:18 PM
April & Baby

"Ericka Kammerer" wrote in message
April & Baby wrote:

It is the placenta lying low and I have kinda found out a bit about it. I
went to see my MW at the anti natal clinic and apparently its fairly
normal for the placenta to be lying a little low at this stage in
pregnancy but should it still be low later on down the pregnancy then I
will have a planned C section which I am not happy about so am really
hoping it goes where it should be. Apparantly this could also be the
reason why I have had the bleeding, something to do with the tail of the
placenta or something.

Low-lying placentas do often cause bleeding, and they
almost always are out of the way by term. The ones you have
to worry about are where the placenta is nearly centered over
the os. Those generally don't get out of the way by term.

Best wishes,
Ericka

I so hope it gets out the way, we will just have to wait and see. No good
worrying about it for now. Im just so scared of having a C section after
already having one in the past which was such a bad experience for me. Im
gonna stick it to the back of my mind for now

One month, one day, 13 hours, 47 minutes and 33 seconds. 631 cigarettes not
smoked, saving £149.98. Life saved: 2 days, 4 hours, 35 minutes.

Old July 12th 05, 06:36 PM
Emily

April & Baby wrote:
I so hope it gets out the way, we will just have to wait and see. No good
worrying about it for now. Im just so scared of having a C section after
already having one in the past which was such a bad experience for me. Im
gonna stick it to the back of my mind for now

Hi April,

I had marginal previa earlier in this pregnancy --- and it
seems to have been the cause of some bleeding at 19w. When
it was first noted, the OB said there was a 95% chance it
would move up and out of the way by delivery, and sure enough,
it has :-)

Wishing the same for you,
Emily
--