Preparing sibling for birth process?

Old April 28th 08, 01:59 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids
agsf_57

Default Preparing sibling for birth process?

On Apr 27, 12:18 pm, Sarah Vaughan
wrote:
agsf_57 wrote:
On Apr 26, 12:44 pm, Zipadee wrote:
agsf_57 wrote:
It's the same concept. Women want to marry rich men so they can spend
their days watching Oprah and go [sic] shopping.
However, the majority of
girls grow up aspiring to marry a rich man and to stay home and go to
the mall everyday with their girlfriends.
Call it trolling if you want, but what I state is the truth for the
majority of women.
Because you state it, that makes it the truth for the majority
of women, eh? You've met them all? Perhaps it's a large
percentage of the women YOU HAVE MET which doesn't
say much for the kind of places you meet them or the kind
of people you hang out with.

No dear. It's a known cultural fact

I take it you don't have any actual evidence, then. ;-)

Sarah

Out of all people, I would you would have enough sense to agree.
However, for the socially inept:
http://www.somethingyoushouldknow.ne...ipt12_5_03.htm

http://www-personal.umich.edu/~kruger/dads-cads.html
"The sexual psychology of women also indicates that human sexuality
has been shaped by long-term sexual relationships. A number of studies
both in the United States and cross-culturally have shown that women
regularly report being attracted to men who are socially respected,
financially well-off, ambitious, industrious, dependable, emotionally
stable, and romantic, all qualities that indicate the ability and
willingness to sustain longterm, parentally investing relationships
with women (Buss 1994:32-34)."

Regards...
Old April 28th 08, 02:23 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids
mom0f4boys

"A number of studies
both in the United States and cross-culturally have shown that women
regularly report being attracted to men who are socially respected,
financially well-off, ambitious, industrious, dependable, emotionally
stable, and romantic, all qualities that indicate the ability and
willingness to sustain longterm, parentally investing relationships
with women."

agsf, everyone knows this stuff. Post the other section of the
study... the one that is relevant to the argument, please. The part
about the TRUE motivation for finding a "socially respected,
financially well-off, ambitious, industrious, dependable, emotionally
stable, and romantic" partner. The Oprah and mall-hopping part. And
aren't you sharp... to see right through that 'women want longterm,
parentally investing relationships' smokescreen the coven cooked up.
Unfortunately, you are a threat to our way of life, and I ain't giving
up my daily shopping spree. I'm reporting you to our high witch, and
you will be dealt with. Expect a call from Oprah.

Regards
Old April 28th 08, 02:26 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids
Beth Kevles

Fascinating ....

http://www.somethingyoushouldknow.ne...ipt12_5_03.htm

Well, this doesn't strike me as "evidence" of anything except an ability
to get people to listen to sound bites. But they're really interesting
sound bites! It's hard to tell whether they have any factual or
scientific basis, though, from such limited information and context.

http://www-personal.umich.edu/~kruger/dads-cads.html
"The sexual psychology of women also indicates that human sexuality
has been shaped by long-term sexual relationships. A number of studies
both in the United States and cross-culturally have shown that women
regularly report being attracted to men who are socially respected,
financially well-off, ambitious, industrious, dependable, emotionally
stable, and romantic, all qualities that indicate the ability and
willingness to sustain longterm, parentally investing relationships
with women (Buss 1994:32-34)."

I'm not sure how you jump from this study to thinking that women want to
stay home while the menfolk work. The abstract is kind of like a
Rorshach blot. What you interpret from it reflects on your own
assumptions and stereotypes than on any universal truths.

I'm trying to think of *any* women I've known who want or expect to be
fully supported by their husbands. Nope, none come to mind. Sorry.

--Beth Kevles
-THE-COM-HERE

NOTE: No email is read at my MIT address. Use the GMAIL one if you would
like me to reply.