Thanks

Old February 9th 05, 04:55 PM
lee woollett

Default Thanks

Hi all, i just wanted to say thank you all for your answers regarding
shoulder distocia, they have helped to answer a afew questions in my head.

I was induced at term so the baby didnt get too big, delivered at
40weeks 3days, this was with the gel, my waters broke the day after due
date (had been taken in that mornning for the gel, was only allowed one
does due to me trying for a VBAC)49 hours later i had the drip put in to
produce contractions and 5 hours later she was here, i had no epidural,
one dose of pethadine and gas and air, the pethidine was wearing off at
the delivery so i could have got to my knees had they asked me to

Thanks again for all your messages and info

Jen & Teigan
Old February 9th 05, 07:17 PM
Todd Gastaldo

"lee woollett" wrote in message
Hi all, i just wanted to say thank you all for your answers regarding
shoulder distocia, they have helped to answer a afew questions in my head.

I was induced at term so the baby didnt get too big, delivered at 40weeks
3days, this was with the gel, my waters broke the day after due date (had
been taken in that mornning for the gel, was only allowed one does due to
me trying for a VBAC)49 hours later i had the drip put in to produce
contractions and 5 hours later she was here, i had no epidural, one dose
of pethadine and gas and air, the pethidine was wearing off at the
delivery so i could have got to my knees had they asked me to

Thanks again for all your messages and info

Jen & Teigan

Jen,

Sorry to be so late in responding.

I want to thank you for the compliment in the title of your original post:
FAO: Todd and any others that know their stuff.

I am sorry your little Teigan was injured at birth.

From your description of what happened when your daughter got stuck, it
seems *possible* (though probably unlikely) that they got you off your
sacrum and stopped closing your birth canal the "extra" up to 30%.

In any event, they should not have been closing your birth canal the "extra"
up to 30% in the first place.

Please note: In addition to the obvious mechanical obstruction of labor,
there is very likely NEUROLOGIC inhibition - the sacrum is being torqued
exactly the opposite direction from the way it is supposed to go and somatic
afferent nerve fibers from torqued sacroiliac joints are likely screaming
into the nervous system (at the uterus): "Stop pushing, the damned birth
canal is being closed!!"

Did you notice when little Teigan's cord was clamped?

Again, sorry to be so late in responding.

Todd

PS When I saw your Thanks post, I had been working on a reply. I will post
it later.

Old February 9th 05, 07:43 PM
lee woollett

Todd Gastaldo wrote:
[...]

From your description of what happened when your daughter got stuck, it
[...]

HI todd, thanks for replying, i knew to aim it at you as your always
quoting stuff aswell as ericka and larry

From what hubby, my mum and i can remember i was still TOTALLY flat on
my back with knees at about a 90 degree angle.

Teigan eventually came out @ 23:36 they still got hubby to cut the cord
& it was clamped within about 5 mins of her being born.

thanks again

Jen
Old February 9th 05, 08:24 PM
Todd Gastaldo

Todd Gastaldo wrote:
[...]

From your description of what happened when your daughter got stuck, it
[...]

From what hubby, my mum and i can remember i was still TOTALLY flat on my
back with knees at about a 90 degree angle.

Teigan eventually came out @ 23:36 they still got hubby to cut the cord &
it was clamped within about 5 mins of her being born.

thanks again

Jen

Jen,

Thanks for the clamping info.

Shoulder dystocia, of course, is not just about the brachial plexus. It is
a major systemic insult. If it was about 5 min - or even less - your little
Teigan was able to tranfuse to herself a lot of BLOOD VOLUME as well as lots
of those healing stem cells.

Think of those little ones - born after difficult deliveries - being
immediately clamped - denied access to nature's transfusion/oxygenation
device (mother/placenta) - and rushed across the room to be resuscitated
"scientifically."

I must say, in composing my post in response to yours, I was stimulated to
look for a bit of info and in doing so I came across a MOST gratifying
action taken by a major university which I think is a result of my work and
which I will discuss in my post.

Todd