HELP! Gifts for first time mother/father?

Old January 22nd 04, 10:20 PM

Default HELP! Gifts for first time mother/father?

A friend of mine recently had his first child (boy). But since I've never bought gifts for a first time parent and not having children of my own, I'm at a loss for a proper gift. I was thinking about a gift certificate to a "baby" store to let them choose what they need/want but was thinking that they may be too impersonal. What is more troublesome is that I'm unable to discern what they already have from other friends (unable to talk/visit him to ascertain this).

What are your suggestions for "must-have", "couldn't-live-without" type gifts? Would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks in advance!

Old January 22nd 04, 11:34 PM
Sue

In your situation, I think the gift certificate is perfect. If you want to
add a personal touch to it though, you could buy a book and put a little
message in the book. A book like the authentic Mother Goose rhymes or
something like that. A friend of ours bought a hard cover of the original
Curious George book.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)