How to train a boy to behave properly.

Old November 28th 06, 11:57 PM posted to misc.kids
Beth Kevles

Default How to train a boy to behave properly.

Hi, again --

We took our kids to restaurants from time to time from the time they
were a few months old. And every time we swore that we'd never do such
a thing again! We used ALL the tips that have been suggested, but some
kids just aren't able to behave well at a restaurant. Personality
overwhelms parenting skills at 16 months of age ...

By the time the kids were 3 we could take them to kid-friendly places.
A couple of years ago we could start taking them to more refined
places. And both managed a very nice French restaurant (4-stars in the
depths of the French countryside) by the time they were 6 and 8. At
those ages, parenting was winning over innate personality!

If your very young child is able to handle a restaurant, then you have
my congratulations. But some kids just can't, and most kids can't
handle it at certain times, such as when they're unusually hungry, tired
or otherwise uncomfortable.

My two cents,
--Beth Kevles

like me to reply.

looking for a train lunchbox [email protected] General 7 August 7th 05 12:13 AM
Toy train Caden General 5 November 25th 04 04:16 PM
When to toilet train KatGrrrrl99 General 12 October 10th 03 11:20 PM
Thomas the Train question CandyC General 10 September 16th 03 07:26 PM