Gripe Water

Old March 3rd 04, 07:44 PM
Kat

Default Gripe Water

I was just wanting some feedback from some people who have used Gripe Water.
My DS seems to be incredibly gassy (he hiccups all the time, is a lazy
nurser and swallows alot of air when he cries). Did the stuff actually
work? HOw did you give it to the baby? ARe there any side effects that I
should be aware of?
Thanks
Kat
Mama to Maggie 11/03/01
and Will 02/10/04

Old March 3rd 04, 08:05 PM
Sophie

"Kat" wrote in message
I was just wanting some feedback from some people who have used Gripe

Water.
My DS seems to be incredibly gassy (he hiccups all the time, is a lazy
nurser and swallows alot of air when he cries). Did the stuff actually
work? HOw did you give it to the baby? ARe there any side effects that I
should be aware of?
Thanks
Kat
Mama to Maggie 11/03/01
and Will 02/10/04

It is MAGIC. I used it with #3, but wish I'd had it with #2 (the devil
child - lol).

I put it by itself in a bottle.

As far as I can tell he didn't suffer any side effects. I love gripe water
and consider it an essential any mother should have before baby arrives.

Sophie

#4 due 7/18/04

I agree w/ what Sophie said....thanks to her, I used gripe water with
#2...wished I had had it for #1. Now, a place in my city sells it and now I
use it on my 2 1/2 month old nephew that I watch everyday

Janette
Mommy to Logan Alexander (2-29-00)
and Caleb Benjamin (2-11-02)

Old March 3rd 04, 08:31 PM
Kari

Yes we used it with the last 2. It works far better than gas drops but it's
pricier. And the shelf life sucks - needs to be replaced every 6 weeks (I
think) or it can lose its potency. I paid around 10.00 or 11.00 for a bottle
of it and had to replace it once. We used about 75% of it before replacing.

HTH!

Kari
mom to Kaylie (8) Noah (4) and Xander (5 mos)

Old March 3rd 04, 09:20 PM
Larry McMahan

Kat writes:
: I was just wanting some feedback from some people who have used Gripe Water.
: My DS seems to be incredibly gassy (he hiccups all the time, is a lazy
: nurser and swallows alot of air when he cries). Did the stuff actually
: work? HOw did you give it to the baby? ARe there any side effects that I
: should be aware of?
: Thanks
: Kat
: Mama to Maggie 11/03/01
: and Will 02/10/04

Since you say that you are nursing, an alternative that worked very well
for us was for Monika to drink Fennel tea. Make a quart at the worst time
of day (usually late afternoon or evening), using 1 heaping tablespoon
fennel seeds (like you get in the spice section of the grocery store.
Drink a cup starting about an hour before you nurse, and try to finish
it before bedtime. It will cut the gassiness and colic considerably.

Good luck,
Larry

Old March 3rd 04, 11:51 PM
Carla

Man I've never even heard of this stuff but after reading these posts
(and doing a little research) I plan on running out and getting some
to have on hand...just in case!

thanx!

Carla

#4 due 7/18/04

Old March 4th 04, 09:04 AM
Donna

"New York Jen" wrote in message
. net...
Just read the label very carefully, some have extremely high levels of
alcohol.

What is gripe water? I have been assuming it's a british version of the
baby maalox that I gave Sarah every now and then as a newborn (Mylicon), but
reading this thread, I think I'm wrong. What is it?

Donna (curious)

Old March 4th 04, 03:13 PM
Kat

"Donna" wrote in message

"New York Jen" wrote in message
. net...
Just read the label very carefully, some have extremely high levels of
alcohol.

What is gripe water? I have been assuming it's a british version of the
baby maalox that I gave Sarah every now and then as a newborn (Mylicon),

but
reading this thread, I think I'm wrong. What is it?

Donna (curious)

It's an herbal remedy for colicky babies. It has fennel seed, ginger root
extracts, etc. I gave it to DS early this morning and had an almost
immediate reaction, he stopped crying finally:-)
Kat
Mama to Maggie 11/03/01
and Will 02/10/04

#4 due 7/18/04

Did you need to use it continuously to get better results? Or did you just
use it during the worst?
I got some yesterday and it came with a dispenser, which is helpful since I
breastfeed and don't want to use a bottle.
Kat
Mama to Maggie 11/03/01
and Will 02/10/04

Avoid Feeding Infants Fluoridated Water, Researchers Caution NYSCOF General 1 April 9th 04 11:01 PM
Gripe water :) zolw Pregnancy 9 January 17th 04 12:09 AM
At 3:22 am mom & son nancy Pregnancy 1 December 20th 03 06:57 PM
RECALL: Bottled Water with Sport Caps Truffles General 0 September 17th 03 11:36 PM
RECALL: Bottled Water with Sport Caps Truffles Pregnancy 0 September 17th 03 11:36 PM