Funny question...

Old January 15th 04, 01:22 AM
AlenasMom

Default Funny question...

When you're breastfeeding, I know it can take stopping to get AF back, but
if you start the pill, will you get it back for sure?

--
Lina
Alena born July 1st, 2003

Old January 15th 04, 02:14 AM
HollyLewis

When you're breastfeeding, I know it can take stopping to get AF back, but
if you start the pill, will you get it back for sure?

--
Lina

Well, you shouldn't take the regular pill while you're breastfeeding because it
can interfere with milk supply.

If you take the minipill, you may or may not have some spotting, but you're
pretty unlikely to have a regular period. There's no "placebo week" as there
is with the regular pill. I went on the minipill when DS was only a couple
months old and didn't have AF for over 4 years. (Which was really nice! I'd
forgotten what a hassle it is! Fortunately, my cycle started right back up as
soon as I went off the pill and I only suffered one period before conceiving.)

Holly
Mom to Camden, almost 3
EDD #2 6/8/04
Old January 15th 04, 03:10 AM
AlenasMom

"HollyLewis" wrote in message

[...]

I'm on the regular pill and all it has done is stopped my forceful letdown.
My supply is still as large as ever..

Old January 16th 04, 12:23 AM
Chotii

"AlenasMom" wrote in message
ble.rogers.com...
When you're breastfeeding, I know it can take stopping to get AF back, but
if you start the pill, will you get it back for sure?

I think the answer is: if you start the (regular) pill, you will bleed every
month. It will not be a period, it will be withdrawal bleeding, but you will
THINK of it as a period because you're accustomed to thinking of monthly
bleeding as a period.

Menstruation is when the uterine lining, prepared to receive a fertilised
egg, doesn't receive one....and is shed, in preparation for a build-up the
next month, and the next ovulation.

The Pill makes your body believe it is pregnant. Thus, no ovulation, no
endometrial lining buildup in preparation for ovulation, and no period (but
of course, for many women there is weight gain, appetite change, and
sometimes nausea). You bleed when you go off it for some of the same reasons
you bleed after a baby is born - it's a hormonal thing. But it's not
menstruation.

In my estimation, it depends on what you're hoping for - if you want your
period because it means the return of fertility, no, all the Pill will do is
make you bleed. If you want the reassurance of bleeding every month (and
some women do), then it seems like a good choice. If you want to know you're
protected *in case* your fertility returns without warning, I think it
sounds good too.

--angela

Old January 16th 04, 03:58 AM
AlenasMom

"Chotii" wrote in message

"AlenasMom" wrote in message
ble.rogers.com...
[...]

I'm sort of a combination of the third one and the second one.
I have PCOS, so before Alena was conceived, I was going for something like
138 days (longest) between cycle starts. Then I was having my cycle induced
every 52 days... then I got pregnant somewhere in there...
Now that Alena's here, my body needs a rest. There's a fear that if I were
to get pregnant again really quickly, I would lose the baby and possibly my
uterus. (Don't ask me to explain this... the doctor used a bunch of medical
words, and couldn't think of how to explain it any better...) So I'm on the
regular pill.

Kids should work... bobb General 108 December 15th 03 03:23 PM
And again he strikes........ Doan strikes ...... again! was Kids should work... Kane General 2 December 6th 03 03:28 AM
Funny photo! (also: David Wright, PhD *jokes* that "MDs are guilty." (!) Todd Gastaldo Pregnancy 0 October 2nd 03 11:32 PM