6 months (ish) roll call

Old December 19th 03, 08:38 PM
teapot

Default 6 months (ish) roll call

"Andrea" wrote in message ...
Kamrons older brother who is 4 has his 3rd ear infection in 5 weeks, and
Kamron has it too. Doc said it's been spread from on to the other, but I
never heard of ear infections being contagious? Both are now on antibiotics.

Kam is a lazy baby, he lies in till 10.30 am everyday! lol

He is loving solids, he adores carrot and potato together. He hates bannana
on it's own, but loves it if I add EBM and apple.

He is around 21lbs, and still nursing strong, he feeds probably every hour
or two during the day and latches on at night, and just stays in bed with
us. If either of us wake up and put him back in his cot, he settles fine.

I think he still feeds on boobylicious rather a lot, he is only on solids
once a day, maybe I need to up it?

How often is Moo boy feeding in the day?

Gosh - I don't count but it must be every couple of hours from 7am to
7pm, so that makes at least 6 feeds, probably more in reality. Some
are just snacks, some are proper 'get a book and settle down mummy'
feeds. This week he is back to his old trick of clamp down heavy on
the nipple then pull away as forcefully as possible, so we do lots of
stopping and starting feeds until he stops messinga round and hurting
me, think its teeth. We have no schedule whatsoever but as soon as he
looks a little bit tired its off to bed for a nurse and a nap. It's
made a lot of difference to how grumpy he is later on but it does make
it pretty impossible to go out of the house. But I'd rather have a
happy baby than a life at the moment, it is winter and outside is full
of nutters busy outspending each other on xmas presents.

Its only the last 2 days hes got really interested in solids, and he
is only having a couple of teaspoons so I've no intention of cutting
back the boob for a while yet.

teapot
Old December 20th 03, 12:42 AM
Phoebe & Allyson

Default 6 months (ish) roll call (and RANT) -- thanks!

Irrational Number wrote:

I'm barely pumping enough milk at work, so I pump
early in the morning and use some of that precious
milk to mix into his rice cereal or banana and he
takes one spoonful and doesn't want the rest! ;(

I just mash the banana with no milk, and give wet rice. So
no ebm wasted. Not that she eats it anyhow.

Phoebe
--
yahoo address is unread - substitute mailbolt

Old December 20th 03, 11:15 AM
Andrea

"teapot" wrote in message
om...
Dawn Lawson wrote in message

teapot wrote:
Dawn Lawson wrote in message

teapot wrote:

I got assertive with the moo today and got some pear into him.

*cringe* Assertive? Over early solids?

his

mouth was tightly shut after the first mouthful, no matter how many
airplane noises i made.

That sounds like a baby who doesn't WANT solids.

I wouldnt mind if he wasnt interested in eating so much if it didnt
take so long to prepare.

Frustrating, but forcing/pressuring him to eat just because of the
effort YOU spent preparing it doesn't sound very appealing to me.

How about making up more than one serving and freezing it in an ice

cube
tray? That way you can just pop one out (or pop them out and store in

baggie) and warm it.

Dawn

Cringe away oh judgemental one!

Hey, FO.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.
Being judgemental is not necessarily a Bad Thing.

snip

No but being judgmental and assy is, I realy can't be bothered with
you. If you had read the previous responses to Irrational Numbers
thread you would have read my reply as it was intended. Don't bother
replying as I am not going to waste time on you - I'm too busy mushing
up food.

teapot

Don't worry Teapot, we cant do right for doing wrong with her. You are doing
a great job, and are putting lots of effort into preparing good food for
little Moo boy Well done!

--
Andrea mom of 5 - latest addition Kamron David 6 months still nursing strong
with 2 teeth!