6 hours!!!

Old November 25th 05, 02:53 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Default 6 hours!!!

Linz wrote:
Jo wrote:

Linz wrote:

[LOTS of nice things]

Hang in there and keep trusting your instincts. You know yourself and you
know your son, better than anyone else.

That post was better than a cyber-hug any day!! Thankyou so much

Jo
Old November 25th 05, 10:09 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

I think kidnapping and SIDS are my two greatest fears about motherhood.
I'm looking forward to her first birthday, when I can stop worrying
about one of them!!

I'm not sure that the numbers drop significantly at first birthday, I think
5 months is when it starts to drop off, beyond that there are very small
numbers

Anne

Old November 26th 05, 04:48 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Jo wrote:

I wish I had read this just after I got back from the CHN this
morning... Somehow she convinced me that if I don't CC him he will
learn to throw tantrums to get his way when he's 2,

Because there's all that convincing scientific evidence stuff showing
that CC babies are perfect polite obedient little automatons by the age
of two. *snort*

Lara
Old November 26th 05, 05:01 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Lara skrev:
Jo wrote:

I wish I had read this just after I got back from the CHN this
morning... Somehow she convinced me that if I don't CC him he will
learn to throw tantrums to get his way when he's 2,

Because there's all that convincing scientific evidence stuff showing
that CC babies are perfect polite obedient little automatons by the age
of two. *snort*

Lara

What's CC?

Tine, Denmark
Old November 26th 05, 06:01 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Cocoamum wrote:

Lara skrev:
Jo wrote:
I wish I had read this just after I got back from the CHN this
morning... Somehow she convinced me that if I don't CC him he will
learn to throw tantrums to get his way when he's 2,

Because there's all that convincing scientific evidence stuff showing
that CC babies are perfect polite obedient little automatons by the age
of two. *snort*

What's CC?

"Controlled Crying."

Young baby is abandoned and cries, possibly screaming uncontrollably to
the point of hysterical vomiting. Parents control themselves from
entering the room and comforting the baby except for certain controlled
manoevres (usually avoiding eye contact and sometimes not talking also)
at particular prescribed and ever-increasing intervals. Eventually baby
gives up hope and becomes unconscious. Parents cry, possibly in a
controlled but more probably an uncontrolled way. Lather, rinse, repeat
until baby's trust in parental response to their needs is broken.

The books that advocate it may paint it somewhat differently.

Lara
Old November 26th 05, 06:44 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Lara skrev:
Cocoamum wrote:

Lara skrev:

Jo wrote:

[...]

Doesn't seem very controlled to me :-)

Never used it - never will.

Tine, Denmark
Old November 26th 05, 08:33 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

"Lara" wrote in message
"Controlled Crying."

Young baby is abandoned and cries, possibly screaming uncontrollably to
the point of hysterical vomiting. Parents control themselves from
entering the room and comforting the baby except for certain controlled
manoevres (usually avoiding eye contact and sometimes not talking also)
at particular prescribed and ever-increasing intervals. Eventually baby
gives up hope and becomes unconscious. Parents cry, possibly in a
controlled but more probably an uncontrolled way. Lather, rinse, repeat
until baby's trust in parental response to their needs is broken.

The books that advocate it may paint it somewhat differently.

Yes, the book does describe it quite a bit different that your bias does.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Old November 27th 05, 02:06 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

"Cocoamum" wrote in message
.. .

Doesn't seem very controlled to me :-)

And it doesn't have to be nearly as exaggerated as Lara described.

JennP.

Old November 27th 05, 02:39 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

JennP wrote:
"Cocoamum" wrote in message
.. .

Doesn't seem very controlled to me :-)

And it doesn't have to be nearly as exaggerated as Lara described.

JennP.

Doesn't have to be if your baby 'behaves' while you do it.

Mine didn't.

I have never felt so sick with guilt...

Jo
Old November 27th 05, 02:41 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Jo wrote:
JennP wrote:

"Cocoamum" wrote in message
.. .

Doesn't seem very controlled to me :-)

And it doesn't have to be nearly as exaggerated as Lara described.

JennP.

Doesn't have to be if your baby 'behaves' while you do it.

Mine didn't.

I have never felt so sick with guilt...

Jo

More on that - *I* didn't think it was all that *wrong* that Will
doesn't sleep through the night, it's just this strange society we live
in that expects kids to work around us, and 'learn the hard way'. My gut
says the gentle approach works best for us - he responds better, and I
feel like I'm being the mother I want to be, not like my own mother.

Jo

29 weeks appointment Kazh Pregnancy 41 March 10th 05 01:12 PM
babysitting agulka Child Support 124 May 16th 04 05:10 PM
misc.kids FAQ on Breastfeeding Past the First Year [email protected] Info and FAQ's 0 February 16th 04 09:58 AM
misc.kids FAQ on Breastfeeding Past the First Year [email protected] Info and FAQ's 0 January 16th 04 09:15 AM
Sarah Key's huge balls (also: Kids can SQUAT motionless for hours) Todd Gastaldo Pregnancy 2 August 4th 03 10:24 PM