out of date/inaccurate info?

Old August 19th 03, 08:12 PM
Dawn Lawson

Default out of date/inaccurate info?

Lina wrote:

"Dawn Lawson" wrote in message
http://www.quackwatch.org/03HealthPromotion/P/p01.html

You folks wanna read this and see if it hits you the same way it did
me? I think there are 5 pages.

Dawn

Want my honest reaction???

ARRGH!!!!!

Did you read the suggested bedtime routine for a year old???
Don't go back in, no matter what the baby tries! Grr...

Yup, that bothered me.

The part about foods starting at 4 months... ARGHH!

Yup, that too. And how all you need to breastfeed succesfully is to relax
and position the baby right.

We should all write this M.D. and re-inform her...

I did write the webmaster for the site and he asked me to point out the
inaccuracies. I sent back an email with just SOME of them, didn't even go
into the bedtime crap.

Want his address? ;-)

Dawn, glad it' not sjust me.

Old August 19th 03, 09:33 PM
Karen Askey

In article , Dawn Lawson writes:

http://www.quackwatch.org/03HealthPromotion/P/p01.html

You folks wanna read this and see if it hits you the same way it did
me? I think there are 5 pages.

Isn't it on the Quackwatch pages *because* it is quackery, or or are they
presenting this as the "accurate" information?

koa
Still nursing James, 02/06/01
EP'ing for Joey 04/02/03 (BCP)

Old August 19th 03, 10:45 PM
Beth

"Dawn Lawson" wrote in message
http://www.quackwatch.org/03HealthPromotion/P/p01.html

You folks wanna read this and see if it hits you the same way it did
me? I think there are 5 pages.

Well, the first page struck me as simplistic and stale-sounding. I have a
friend who gave up BFing because she was convinced that the baby could have
no more than 10 minutes on a breast. That's how she slid into FFing . . .

Lots of quibbles with this authoress, but life is pretty darn short, eh?
It's just another crappy web page.

Beth

Old August 19th 03, 11:28 PM
Dawn Lawson

Karen Askey wrote:

In article , Dawn Lawson writes:

http://www.quackwatch.org/03HealthPromotion/P/p01.html

You folks wanna read this and see if it hits you the same way it did
me? I think there are 5 pages.

Isn't it on the Quackwatch pages *because* it is quackery, or or are they
presenting this as the "accurate" information?

No, that's the *accurate* info.

Yoiks.