On the way to law school, baby on the way...

Old March 4th 07, 08:08 PM posted to alt.child-support
Beverly

Default On the way to law school, baby on the way...

On 3 Mar 2007 16:40:02 -0800, wrote:

"Who is responsible for taking care of any obligations not met by your minimum contribution? Yes"

Meh, she'll cuckold some guy, leech his entire income, and cheat on
him repeatedly because she won't respect him. She's already picked
out the guy too. Also, biodad's child support, and state aid.

And you are quite happy to pass off your responsibilities to the next
sucker, right? Let me be absolutely clear in that I do not believe
you should ever be responsible for HER... only any offspring you sire.
And, even then, only your share.

I DO NOT believe you should have the luxury of completing your
education with minimal obligation toward your progeny in order to make
it easier on you. I expect that a judge will impose child support
based on full-time employment at which time you are welcome to work
part time to meet your obligations and may still live off loans and
continue your education. Fact of the matter is... it won't be as easy
as you planned, even if you planned it to be hard as heck.

"Tell me, why should WE help you get through law school?"

I'm not here to discuss the morality of my actions or the child
support system.

But I really want to know why you believe that your dreams should be
subsidized by me (taxpayer). You (nor your parents) didn't subsidize
mine. Yet, I completed my bachelor's and am two courses shy of my
master's while raising 3 children, working, having very little in the
way of child support, and NOT receiving state aid. Sure, it has taken
me forever, but I never asked YOU (nor your parents) to help me. As
far as I am concerned, your attitude toward this makes you no better
than anyone else who wants a handout.

She told her roommates that she was trying to get pregnant. She was
dropping out of school for the second time, and daddy was going to
stop sending $7,000 checks every semester for living expenses.

choice quotes:
"I think I'm gonna get knocked up soon."
"I always saw myself as a single mom."
"I don't want him dead, I need him alive for child support."

Have you ever heard of deposition, future lawyer? You know, the
asking of questions and gathering of facts BEFORE "stepping into the
ring?"

She's a succubus, and I have absolutely no reservations about working
the system to minimize my losses. I think I'll pursue a joint degree
and stay in academia another year. I also think I'll join the
military as a JAG officer, and make substantially less income than I'd
be capable of in the private sector. After 20 years of that, I'll
have a massive pension (and hopefully a PhD) and I'll live quite
nicely off of a professor's salary.

And not one word about the child. I sincerely hope that if one of my
sons gets into this situation that everyone involved is a
consideration... not just himself. Although I would hate the
situation, I would accept my grandchild and help my son.

I hate the child support system as it is because it financially rapes
men. Furthermore, it encourages women who are not ready to be mothers
to procreate. However, it is what it is (until we change it) and a
child is no less of a child because of it.

Beverly
Old March 4th 07, 10:46 PM posted to alt.child-support
[email protected]

"Let me be absolutely clear in that I do not believe
you should ever be responsible for HER... only any offspring you
sire. And, even then, only your share."

If I progress through the airforce ranks at an average speed this will
wind up costing me about 200K (hopefully there will be some self
employment and creative accounting on the side). Fiscally, that's
more than enough.

"I DO NOT believe you should have the luxury of completing your education with minimal obligation toward your progeny in order to make it easier on you."

The law trumps your beliefs.

"But I really want to know why you believe that your dreams should be subsidized by me (taxpayer)."

It is HER decision not to put the child up for adoption, spend state
resources, and drag three lives closer to the gutter. I'll be
fulfilling my legal obligions.

It's actually very likely that I go to a lesser law school that offers
me generous financial aid. I don't need to go to the best school I
can get into to make JAG.

Old March 4th 07, 11:01 PM posted to alt.child-support
teachrmama

wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Hopefully, the military will be checking out your attitude toward your child
when they evaluate you for JAG.

Old March 4th 07, 11:44 PM posted to alt.child-support
Relayer

On Mar 4, 4:46�pm, wrote:
[...]

You cerainly are delussional pal. First off, $200K will conver
everything? That's more than enough? In who's book? Thats a fantasy.

The law trumps the belief? No it doesn't.

It was HER decision? Thats right. However, that's kind of called "too
bad"

Ok, that being said, this is how it's going to go.

1. She will give birth
2. She will take you to court.
3. You will be ordered to pay at least (and I do mean at least) what
ever the statutory guideline is for the state the suit is filed in. In
Illinois for example, for one child, it is 22% of your NET pay.
4. You will be ordered to pay medical expenses, including insurance
5. You will be ordered to pay educational expenses, including college.
6. The state could give a rats ass regarding your future ambition

Student loans cannot be assesed in figuring child support. However,
any excess in the dollars can be deducted from your living expenses
and result in a higher payment.

Dude, you are assuming all the ambitions are going to happen. You will
graduate law school, JAG, etc. You better have a plan if it does not.

And to close, you know, yuo don't have to love the mother to love the
child. That little baby will want to know his/her Daddy. Your attitude
is pretty ****ed up.

Old March 5th 07, 03:04 AM posted to alt.child-support
[email protected]

2. She will take you to court.

There's a very good chance it's not mine.

3. You will be ordered to pay at least (and I do mean at least) what
ever the statutory guideline is for the state the suit is filed in. In
Illinois for example, for one child, it is 22% of your NET pay.

Good to know. Wisconsin it's 17% and Indiana it's 15.6%. Gotta check
Minnesota. There's got to be minimums I'm working with though,
because my pay will effectively be zero.

Dude, you are assuming all the ambitions are going to happen. You will graduate law school, JAG, etc. You better have a plan if it does not.

I'm graduating law school. The rest of the plan is negotiable.

And to close, you know, yuo don't have to love the mother to love the
child. That little baby will want to know his/her Daddy. Your attitude
is pretty ****ed up.

It'll have someone to call Dad. It doesn't matter that it isn't me.

Old March 5th 07, 03:24 AM posted to alt.child-support
Gini

wrote

2. She will take you to court.

There's a very good chance it's not mine.

3. You will be ordered to pay at least (and I do mean at least) what
ever the statutory guideline is for the state the suit is filed in. In
Illinois for example, for one child, it is 22% of your NET pay.

Good to know. Wisconsin it's 17% and Indiana it's 15.6%. Gotta check
Minnesota. There's got to be minimums I'm working with though,
because my pay will effectively be zero.

==
The controlling jurisdiction is where the baby lives.
Seems like you should have known that.

Old March 5th 07, 03:41 AM posted to alt.child-support
Animal05

Gini wrote:

wrote

2. She will take you to court.

There's a very good chance it's not mine.

3. You will be ordered to pay at least (and I do mean at least) what
ever the statutory guideline is for the state the suit is filed in. In
Illinois for example, for one child, it is 22% of your NET pay.

Good to know. Wisconsin it's 17% and Indiana it's 15.6%. Gotta check
Minnesota. There's got to be minimums I'm working with though,
because my pay will effectively be zero.

==
The controlling jurisdiction is where the baby lives.
Seems like you should have known that.

Seems he is going to get schooled prior to getting into a program.
Old March 5th 07, 03:46 AM posted to alt.child-support
teachrmama

wrote in message
ups.com...

[...]

First of all, the fact that you are *choosing* not to work right now in
favor of continuing your education will not sway the courts one whit. And
if you *don't* pay the minimum they impute to you, you are leaving yourself
open to all sorts of fun things, sich as revoction of your driver's license
and even jail. And you better do a little checking to see if you will even
be able to be admitted to the bar if you are in default on child support--if
you get too far behind, it is now a felony. Check it out.

If you really do not want to be in this child's life, and another man really
wants to be, maybe he will ask you to sign away your parental rights so he
can adopt the child. That is the only way you can get out of this totally
free. So you'd better hope that your opinion of the mother of this child
isn't shared by everyone she meets.

Old March 5th 07, 03:47 AM posted to alt.child-support
Gini

"Animal05" wrote in message
Gini wrote:

wrote

2. She will take you to court.

There's a very good chance it's not mine.

3. You will be ordered to pay at least (and I do mean at least) what
ever the statutory guideline is for the state the suit is filed in. In
Illinois for example, for one child, it is 22% of your NET pay.

Good to know. Wisconsin it's 17% and Indiana it's 15.6%. Gotta check
Minnesota. There's got to be minimums I'm working with though,
because my pay will effectively be zero.

==
The controlling jurisdiction is where the baby lives.
Seems like you should have known that.

Seems he is going to get schooled prior to getting into a program.

==
Hope he has a plan B