how are the 7 month olds?

Old January 12th 04, 05:37 PM
teapot

Default how are the 7 month olds?

"Andrea" wrote in message ...
"teapot" wrote in message
om...
Moo boy has had 2 bottom teeth for 2 days now, but no biting yet
thankfully! My boobs do feel a bit strange though, a bit like they
have been sandpapered, yuck.

Solids are still a very minor part of his diet, he will go for about a
teaspoon of mushed up heated banana but isnt really interested in
anything else. He is a fat boy though with a big squishy tummy so I
know he is not lacking in calories.

He is sitting quite confidently now and can get from sitting side to
tummy pretty well. I am terrified of him crawling, we are just not
ready.

Sleeping is still crap, last night he was up every 2 hours but the
teeth are still not all the way through so I think it's that.

Breastfeeding is a breeze now, My bloke reminded me what it was like
at the start, me crying in frustration and being really sore and its
such a distant memory.

teapot and the Moo boy

Things are going downhill for us on the solids front. He has been fine with
apples and bannanas, but then he got an ezcema attack. He has flared up all
over his face so bad that I don't want to take him out cause people will
stare, he has got it on his trunk for the very first time, and a very large
circular area on the back of his knee looks terrible. I can only conclude
it's my diet that's the problem, but I already cut out dairy.
On top of that both eyes are infected green gunky sticking together, he was
given antibiotics for an ear infection, and was told it would clear his
eyes. It hasn't cleared his eyes, and I was told by the doc on a return
visit to just keep them clean! No eye drops no nothing. Even breast milk in
the eyes hasn't helped.

He is 20lbs, and loves his play centre, he turns around in a circle now.

Just bloody fed up, oh and the bitings back for more tootypegs to come thru!
Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggg!

Well you did ask ;o)

poor Andrea! has he got teeth top and bottom? I had a dreamthat the

moo had loads of teeth andi was hiding from him cos i was scared to
put a nipple anywhere near him :-)
teapot
Old January 12th 04, 08:18 PM
Andrea

"teapot" wrote in message
m...
"Andrea" wrote in message

"teapot" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks Teapot,

Hey your dream sounds like my reality!

No teeth at the top, he has 4 teeth all along the bottom! God help me when
the top ones break thru!!!!
It's weird all my others got 2 at the bottom together, then 2 at the top.

I am lucky now, if I'm feeding him I know he will bite at the end of a feed,
just as he is pulling off he scrapes me with his teeth, then goes in for the
final piranha attack move!! I usually unlatch him with my finger first, but
if I'm distracted (like when I'm watching Eastenders!) I fall victim for the
attack! And it bloody hurts!

I am still keeping a food diary, but other than starving myself I'm not sure
we will find the culprit food. My doc says sometimes you never find the
cause of the ezcema.

Aw they are sooo cute at this age! Kam pulls me in for a big snuggle or a
hug! He is so cuddly.

I'm happy to hear Moo boy is doing well, fingers crossed he won't nip! (too
much ;o)

--
Andrea mom of 5 - latest addition Kamron David 7 months still nursing strong
with 4 teeth!

Old January 12th 04, 10:14 PM
Akuvikate

Bug is doing well! She got her first two fangs in about a week ago.
No biting yet either -- I don't look forward to it.

Foodwise she's into most of what she's tried so far. We may move on
to more solid stuff soon -- while travelling recently her "dinner" was
little bits of torn-off banana (I didn't fancy trying to spoon feed
her goop in the airport) She did a good job gumming and swallowing
more solid chunks. She loves water and just today she got the concept
of the sippy cup, so we may be able to move away from using the Avent
bottle cap and letting her do it herself with less mess.

Sleep is all messed up from two weeks in a different time zone. We
visited my husband's family and I quite enjoyed the plethora of doting
grandparents, aunts, and uncles to babysit at any time. Before we
went on vacation, two nights I put her down in her co-sleeper and she
went to sleep on her own without fussing. I was stunned! The next
night it didn't work, and then we spent 2 and a half weeks travelling.
I tried it a couple of times since, but no success. I'd love a
repeat but don't necessarily expect one. So for now it's back to
falling asleep with me and nursing a bunch at night. In June I go
back to work and will not be home two nights a week, so we need to
figure out how to transition her to not needing me to fall/stay asleep
every night.

She is definitely a baby on the move! Not fully crawling yet, but
scooting around on her tummy pretty fast and able to get up on her
knees. She can stand holding onto the couch for up to a minute or
two, and finally is able to sit a little better. Now she sits for up
to 10 or 15 minutes until she loses her balance and topples over. I
think she's finally decided that it's a neat way to hang out and play.
We've started doing baby signs when we remember, which isn't always.

I still love nursing her. I always feel a little sad when I see a
baby getting formula. I just find breastfeeding to be such a pleasure
(and I know she does too) that I feel bad for moms and babies who
aren't doing so as well.

Kate
and the Bug, June 8 2003