I'm all set except.....

Old January 11th 04, 03:18 AM
DeliciousTruffles

Default I'm all set except.....

......I need my baby! LOL! :-D

I went out today and purchased a new nursing pillow (the two I have
leftover from the twins are worn out) and a new Isis (my old one is worn
out as well).

So, now I wait 5 weeks! I can hardly wait!!!!! ;-)

--
Brigitte aa #2145
edd #3 February 15, 2004

~ Harriet Martineau

Old January 11th 04, 04:48 AM
H Schinske

Brigitte wrote:

I went out today and purchased a new nursing pillow (the two I have
leftover from the twins are worn out) and a new Isis (my old one is worn
out as well).

I can well believe you wore out an Isis, but how the heck did you wear out TWO
nursing pillows?? I used mine for darned near every feeding for a long time,
and at last-thing-at-night feedings until the girls weaned at 20 months, and it
still looked brand new. (I think it went to a church rummage sale. With my
luck, though, I'll find it in the basement totally mustified and useless and
taking up valuable cubic feet!)

I'm not ragging on you (if anyone deserves a new pillow, it's you) I just
wondered.

Hm, maybe you can use it to prop your bump in bed? ;-)

Anyway, best of luck with number 3 (and of course continuing with 1 & 2!).

--Helen
Old January 11th 04, 06:42 AM
DeliciousTruffles

H Schinske wrote:

I can well believe you wore out an Isis, but how the heck did you wear out TWO
nursing pillows??

They were just ordinary nursing pillows (not twin ones) so they
flattened too much within 6 months for me to use them effectively. They
ended up being used as supports when they were sitting up.

--
Brigitte aa #2145
edd #3 February 15, 2004

~ Harriet Martineau

Old January 12th 04, 11:06 PM
Ducky Lawyer

DeliciousTruffles wrote:

H Schinske wrote:

I can well believe you wore out an Isis, but how the heck did you wear
out TWO
nursing pillows??

They were just ordinary nursing pillows (not twin ones) so they
flattened too much within 6 months for me to use them effectively. They
ended up being used as supports when they were sitting up.

This makes sense to me -- we had a couple of ordinary singleton pillows
and they aren't anywhere as sturdy as my twin nursing pillow. They also
aren't overly helpful now; they're useless really for tandem nursing,
and we're so used to the double one we use it for single nursings as
well (the girls really prefer to nurse to sleep on the pillow rather
than in bed -- which makes for some late nights for me. Luckily they
will nurse back to sleep during the night or at naptime as long as I'm
only nursing one at a time!)

-Barbara