Odd places to nurse a toddler!

Old January 9th 04, 02:41 AM
Cathy Weeks

Default Odd places to nurse a toddler!

"AlenasMom" wrote in message ble.rogers.com...

So what are the wierdest places you've nursed your toddler (or
infant)?

In a bathroom.... I was changing her, she started screaming, so I fed
her...

I REALLY want to go to the Salvador Dali museum!!!!

It's in Tampa Florida. It's was pretty neat, if a bit disturbing.

Cathy Weeks
Mommy to Kivi Alexis 12/01
Old January 9th 04, 03:49 AM
Shannon G

"Cathy Weeks" wrote in message
om...
Hi all,
We just got back from a vacation in Florida, and I ended up nursing
Kivi (two years old in December) in two kind of unusual places.

1. The beach. I never thought I'd nurse on the beach - because I wear
one-piece swim suits that are just NOT accessible for nursing. But I
forgot my swimsuit, and bought a cheap tankini, and I just pulled it
up on one side, and let my t-shirt drape around my daughter, allowing
enough discretion for my comfort.

2. The Salvadore Dali Museum. Kivi was really tired of being cooped
up and asked to nurse. So I found an empty corner (kind of difficult
considering there weren't many corners that were far away from any
paintings), and she nursed happily. I got a few glances, and a few
smiles. No biggie.

So what are the wierdest places you've nursed your toddler (or
infant)?

A judge's chambers during a trial in which I had to testify. Luggage
pick-up at an airport. A veterinarian's exam room. The zoo. Odd? I
dunno. When a babe cries for booby, ya gotta do what ya gotta do :-)

Shannon

Old January 9th 04, 06:20 AM
CY

Hehe. On camera while being taped in an interview for a diaper study that
we had just completed. The tape was going to be reviewed by the entire
diaper marketing department and I was being interviewed by 3 women about my
experiences with these new diapers. My DD, about 18 mths at the time was
crying to nurse and they couldn't hear my answers so I said "Either we stop
the interview or I can nurse here". They all said nurse here! Haha, so I
did and it felt VERY odd being taped, especially since I had no idea who
would be watching it. I'll probably end up on some TV show in the future!!!
I WAS discreet though!

Old January 9th 04, 09:38 AM
Ellie

I haven't nursed anywhere odd yet .... but I've just volunteered to
demonstrate nursing twins at the twin parentcraft classes at the hospital
where I delivered! That's gonna seem weird, I've no idea how many are in
the class! Guess I'll find out on the 26th .... ;-)

Ellie

Old January 9th 04, 10:20 AM
Anne Rogers

Hm. Neither the beach nor a museum strike me as particularly weird places to
nurse. :-)

LOL

I did nurse DS once while sitting on the edge of a spa/jacuzzi (with my feet in
the water). He might have been a toddler at the time; I can't recall for sure
because we were at an annual event and I don't remember which year that was.

ds is not a toddler yet, but I think the oddest nursing session we've had
is me sitting on a hospital bed holding him with one arm nursing whilst a
doctor was inserting a canula into the other arm.

he almost managed to find my boob in the swimming pool the other day too!

Old January 9th 04, 10:23 AM
Anne Rogers

In the office of the Customer Service Manager at the Greyhound bus terminal
in Washington, DC. I'd bought a discounted ticket at a ticket kiosk, and
somehow got the origin and destination mixed up, and at first they wouldn't
change the ticket without charging me full price. I was really infuriated
with them, because the driver could have accepted the original ticket in the
first place (according to another driver)...I dropped all my luggage on the
floor in this woman's office, and took Sprogly, who'd been fussing, out of
his sling...I plunked myself down on a chair and started nursing him (as I
was on the verge of tears, saying, oh, great, I'm going to be *stuck* here
now! [My blood sugar was low]). For some reason, the manager changed her
mind and decided to reissue a ticket without charging me more.

along the same lines I seriously considered nursing ds in the queue at the
supermarket before christmas in the hope that people would let me queue
jump!

Old January 9th 04, 10:31 AM
Anne Rogers

Hehe. On camera while being taped in an interview for a diaper study that
we had just completed. The tape was going to be reviewed by the entire
diaper marketing department and I was being interviewed by 3 women about my
experiences with these new diapers. My DD, about 18 mths at the time was
crying to nurse and they couldn't hear my answers so I said "Either we stop
the interview or I can nurse here". They all said nurse here! Haha, so I
did and it felt VERY odd being taped, especially since I had no idea who
would be watching it. I'll probably end up on some TV show in the future!!!
I WAS discreet though!

yikes, I almost got caught on film when I was nursing whilst acting Mary
in a nativity scene (ds was jesus and dh was joseph!), streams of toddlers
came to have a look and their parents took pictures, I'd stopped by the
time and Iranian man came to film the event!

Old January 9th 04, 10:32 AM
Anne Rogers

I haven't nursed anywhere odd yet .... but I've just volunteered to
demonstrate nursing twins at the twin parentcraft classes at the hospital
where I delivered! That's gonna seem weird, I've no idea how many are in
the class! Guess I'll find out on the 26th .... ;-)

good for you!

do you NIP with your twins?

Old January 9th 04, 12:59 PM
Sandra

I have to stick in my two-cents worth...

As a current resident of Tampa and a former resident of St Pete, your
comment about the location of the Dali made me smile.

There's A LOT of territorialism here in the Bay Area. The Dali museum is in
St Petersburg, not Tampa. However, I can understand your confusion. After
all, the Tampa Bay Devil Rays are in St Pete - and the St Pete Times Forum
(a sports and concert arena) is in Tampa.