"Child Support" money?

Old November 13th 03, 01:39 PM
Paul Fritz

Default "Child Support" money?

"Gini52" wrote in message
In article , Moon Shyne

says...

"Gini52" wrote in message
In article , Fighting For

Kids
says...

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 21:45:28 -0500, "Tiffany"
wrote:

=====
The dollar spent on the child will come with a receipt.

So I can't buy anything for my children at a street fair, or some

other
place
where they don't issue receipts? Can't buy ice cream from the ice

cream
truck
because they don't issue receipts?

=====
=====

You think those things are necessities that your x should be paying

for?

It could be.. if the street fair is selling school supplies cheaper
than walmart and you buy them there isnt that still spending money on
the child's basic needs?

I can think of all kinds of necessity items one could by at a street
fair vs a store. All brand new items often less expensive than at
the stores themselves.
=====
Logic dictates that incidental spending be attributable to the CP's

percent
share. The NCP is not responsible for the entire financial output for

the
child(ren). Y'all didn't forget about that part, did you?

Considering that the CS I receive is less than half the actual expenses

for the
children, nope, I sure didn't forget that part.

=====
But, apparantly you didn't get the part where I stated that accountability
should not be applied to lower income NCPs where the ordered support

amount
doesn't cover actual expenses. Only *lifestyle* support should be subject

accountability and *then* only the amount which exceeds the states' basic

needs
amount. My proposal doesn't apply to you at all so go for the ice cream

and have
a great time :-)

......moonie is once again playing games.......since she is the one that is
determining what the childrens expenses are. Lifestyle support should NOT be
part of the CS equaltion. It is simply a gross violation of a person's basic
constitutional rights. The state has determined the amount required to
supply a child with their basic needs (foster care payments) Each parent
sould be responsible for half, and anything else should be up to the
individual parent's choosing......NOT at the whim of the CP like moonie.

=====
=====

Old November 13th 03, 02:13 PM
Tiffany

wrote:

=====
[...]

Good point...... and I do have to add, I don't know if it is law but I have
had to demand receipt for things I have bought at unusual places. I didn't
care if it was on a crappy piece of paper. Prove is prove.

Old November 13th 03, 02:16 PM
Tiffany

Moon Shyne wrote in message

"Tiffany" wrote in message

Moon Shyne wrote in message

"Gini52" wrote in message
In article , Moon Shyne

says...

"Dave" dave@freedoms-door wrote in message

"Jon" wrote in message
So if you receive support you can never buy a lottery ticket or

take a
drink?

Child support should not be used for anything other than for

supporting the
child.

So I use the child support to support the children, and buy my

lottery
ticket
with my own money.

Now........... how can you tell which dollar was which? They all

look
the
same.
=====
The dollar spent on the child will come with a receipt.

So I can't buy anything for my children at a street fair, or some

other
place
where they don't issue receipts? Can't buy ice cream from the ice

cream
truck
because they don't issue receipts?

=====
=====

You think those things are necessities that your x should be paying for?

I think those are the sort of things that many, if not most, parents
occasionally purchase for their kids, whether the marriage is intact or

not.

There are any number of things that I purchase for my children that I

don't get
a receipt for - lunch tickets for school, for example (at 1.55 (elementary
school) and 1.85 (junior high), a nutritious bargain at that price) - I

was
questioning the requirement that you can only buy things for which you get

receipt.

You don't think if it came down to it, you couldn't get the school to write
you a receipt? I am sure they would, especially if the government was
requesting it. Besides, your ex should only have to pay half of that. And
whether a marriage is intact or not, ice cream is not necessary. If you
can't afford it, don't get it.

Old November 13th 03, 02:18 PM
Tiffany

Gini52 wrote in message
In article , Moon Shyne

says...

"Gini52" wrote in message
In article , Moon Shyne

says...

"Jon" wrote in message
[...]

====
Yep. It comes from your percent share. (My proposal is, however, that

only the
amount over reasonable actual expenses should be subject to

accounting.)

Who gets to decide what "reasonable expenses" are?

=====
Already posted.
=====
=====

It seems we pick this apart but forget logic. lol

Old November 13th 03, 02:19 PM
Tiffany

Chris wrote in message news:bcEsb.257$6G3.227@fed1read06...

"Tiffany" wrote in message

The DaveŠ wrote in message
Moon Shyne wrote:
The dollar spent on the child will come with a receipt.

So I can't buy anything for my children at a street fair, or some
other place where they don't issue receipts? Can't buy ice cream
from the ice cream truck because they don't issue receipts?

Apparently not. If you are so selfish with your own money that you
can't spring for an ice cream, this will be a problem, won't it?

Well, I don't think it should be a nickel-dime thing. CP's should be
accountable for the large sums of money that doesn't seem to go to the

kids,
not a mere $2.50 for an ice cream.

$2.50 here, $2.50 there. Nickels and dimes add up to dollars.

True it does, but if one can't afford ice cream and needs child support to
pay for it........ maybe they shouldn't buy the ice cream.

Old November 13th 03, 02:20 PM
Tiffany

Moon Shyne wrote in message

"The DaveŠ" wrote in message
Moon Shyne wrote:
The dollar spent on the child will come with a receipt.

So I can't buy anything for my children at a street fair, or some
other place where they don't issue receipts? Can't buy ice cream
from the ice cream truck because they don't issue receipts?

Apparently not. If you are so selfish with your own money that you
can't spring for an ice cream, this will be a problem, won't it?

Considering that the CS I currently receive is less than half the actual
expenses for the children, you would be way off base in your remark.

Some receive no financial support.

Old November 13th 03, 02:22 PM
Tiffany

Chris wrote in message news5Gsb.293$6G3.120@fed1read06...

"Fighting For Kids" wrote in message
On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 20:54:44 -0800, "Chris" wrote:

I COULD be wrong, but I believe that you are legally entitled to a

receipt.

lol, you may be legally entitled but that doesnt mean you are going to
get one.

You are legally entitled to wake up tomorrow morning, but that doesn't

mean
someone won't put a bullet in your head tonight. What's your point?

Wow.... I do think you are right about the receipt thing too. So if you are
needing receipts, wouldn't it be suggested you don't buy from someone who
won't give it to you? Duh. lol

Old November 13th 03, 04:59 PM
The DaveŠ

Moon Shyne wrote:
The dollar spent on the child will come with a receipt.

So I can't buy anything for my children at a street fair, or some
other place where they don't issue receipts? Can't buy ice cream
from the ice cream truck because they don't issue receipts?

Apparently not. If you are so selfish with your own money that you
can't spring for an ice cream, this will be a problem, won't it?

Considering that the CS I currently receive is less than half the
actual expenses for the children, you would be way off base in your
remark.

That's not what you said. You're avoiding the point. Your statement
gave no indication that you were talking only about you, specifically.
Can you address the response to your own point, or not?
Old November 13th 03, 05:01 PM
Chris

"Tiffany" wrote in message

Moon Shyne wrote in message

"Tiffany" wrote in message

"Jon" wrote in message
[...]

As far as I know, she is legally entitled to a receipt.

Old November 13th 03, 05:05 PM
Chris

"Tiffany" wrote in message

Moon Shyne wrote in message

"The DaveŠ" wrote in message
Moon Shyne wrote:
The dollar spent on the child will come with a receipt.

So I can't buy anything for my children at a street fair, or some
other place where they don't issue receipts? Can't buy ice cream
from the ice cream truck because they don't issue receipts?

Apparently not. If you are so selfish with your own money that you
can't spring for an ice cream, this will be a problem, won't it?

Considering that the CS I currently receive is less than half the actual
expenses for the children, you would be way off base in your remark.

Some receive no financial support.

As it SHOULD be, unless they are receiving voluntary welfare donations.