military schools?

Old October 1st 03, 03:20 AM
ColoradoSkiBum

Default military schools?

Hi all,

We're searching for military schools for a middle-school boy. I don't know
where to start with this, what to look for or what to expect. Any help out
there? We live in Colorado, in case you couldn't tell from the sig. :-)
--
ColoradoSkiBum

Old October 1st 03, 06:17 AM
toto

On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 20:20:17 -0600, "ColoradoSkiBum"
wrote:

Hi all,

We're searching for military schools for a middle-school boy. I don't know
where to start with this, what to look for or what to expect. Any help out
there? We live in Colorado, in case you couldn't tell from the sig. :-)

Why military school? What do you hope to get from one?

--
Dorothy

The Outer Limits
Old October 1st 03, 02:11 PM
Clisby

ColoradoSkiBum wrote:
Hi all,

We're searching for military schools for a middle-school boy. I don't know
where to start with this, what to look for or what to expect. Any help out
there? We live in Colorado, in case you couldn't tell from the sig. :-)

You mean a military boarding school (i.e., not necessarily in Colorado?)
Or a day school? If it's the latter, your state probably has some sort
of independent/private school association that could help. Or, some
public schools have junior ROTC programs, but that wouldn't be the
entire school program.

Clisby

Old October 1st 03, 02:37 PM
Sara

ColoradoSkiBum wrote:

Hi all,

We're searching for military schools for a middle-school boy.

I can't help you with that. I'm too confused trying to reconcile "ski
bum" and "military school."

--
Sara, accompanied by the baby barnacle
Old October 1st 03, 04:20 PM
google it!

She wants to pack her step-son off to military school so she and the boy's
father can continue to enjoy their swinger lifestyle. Poor kid.

Old October 1st 03, 04:58 PM
ColoradoSkiBum

: ColoradoSkiBum wrote:
: Hi all,
:
: We're searching for military schools for a middle-school boy. I don't
know
: where to start with this, what to look for or what to expect. Any help
out
: there? We live in Colorado, in case you couldn't tell from the sig. :-)
:
:
: You mean a military boarding school (i.e., not necessarily in Colorado?)
: Or a day school? If it's the latter, your state probably has some sort
: of independent/private school association that could help. Or, some
: public schools have junior ROTC programs, but that wouldn't be the
: entire school program.

I think we're more interested in military boarding schools. Just on a
fact-finding mission at this point.
--
ColoradoSkiBum

Old October 1st 03, 06:49 PM
T.R.H

wrote:

Hi all,

We're searching for military schools for a middle-school boy. I don't know
where to start with this, what to look for or what to expect. Any help out
there? We live in Colorado, in case you couldn't tell from the sig. :-)

Why military school? What do you hope to get from one?

gee, maybe discipline, manners, courtesy, respect? Things that are
SORELY lacking in the public school system these days....

And I dont blame the teachers, their hands are tied by results of the
liberal social engineering of the last few decades..

--
Dorothy

The Outer Limits

Old October 1st 03, 11:46 PM
ColoradoSkiBum

Why military school? What do you hope to get from one?
:
:
: gee, maybe discipline, manners, courtesy, respect? Things that are
: SORELY lacking in the public school system these days....

That, precisely. Do you have any idea where we might start our search?
--
ColoradoSkiBum
Old October 1st 03, 11:51 PM
dejablues

"T.R.H" wrote in message
Why military school? What do you hope to get from one?

gee, maybe discipline, manners, courtesy, respect? Things that are
SORELY lacking in the public school system these days....

And I dont blame the teachers, their hands are tied by results of the
liberal social engineering of the last few decades..

Right. Kids should be learning these things from their parents.

--
Dorothy

The Outer Limits