Green and mucousy

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 30th 03, 02:04 AM
Alphawave

Default Green and mucousy

Another poop question! Hooray! ;-)

I've had this on my mind for quite awhile now, and because of the advice
in the "5 MORE new bf'er questions" thread, I finally just have to ask.
Larry and Barbara both said things to the effect that green and mucousy
poops shouldn't be standard for baby. When Quinn was a newborn, all of
his poops were bright yellow and full of curds, but now green and mucousy
is standard for him. He's ~5.5 mos., exclusively bf, no solids or
formula; I feed on demand and sometimes offer when he's not demanding; I
pump off about 4 oz. of foremilk in the morning. Sometimes there are a
few curds in his poop, and sometimes the green approaches yellow, but
mostly it's green, with varying degrees of "mucousiness". I've been
wondering for awhile now whether I should be concerned about this.

Thoughts?

-- Alpha
alphawave at earthlink dot net