Vaginal Birth Not Linked to Urinary Incontinence

Old December 22nd 05, 02:02 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids.breastfeeding,aus.family

Default Vaginal Birth Not Linked to Urinary Incontinence

"Anonymama" wrote in message
In article ,
"A&G&K&H" wrote:

She was good with the gentle reminders for the following months too ....

the
red spot trick sure helps the memory

Do tell. What's the red spot trick?

errr... just stick up red spots (or other stickers) at strategic points
around the house (next to the chair where I usually bf, on the fridge, above
the washing machine, above the kitchen sink, on the computer etc) as
reminders to do some kegels when you pass them. I've got metal frames in
the walls here so I use magnets which I can move around (helps to combat the
fact that you don't notice the spots after a while).
Amanda

Old December 22nd 05, 03:33 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids.breastfeeding,aus.family

In article ,
"A&G&K&H" wrote:

errr... just stick up red spots (or other stickers) at strategic points
around the house (next to the chair where I usually bf, on the fridge, above
the washing machine, above the kitchen sink, on the computer etc) as
reminders to do some kegels when you pass them. I've got metal frames in
the walls here so I use magnets which I can move around (helps to combat the
fact that you don't notice the spots after a while).

Ah, I see. That probably works better than my current method of
remembering, which is to wait for someone to write "kegel" on MKP...
--
Sara
accompanied by TK, number two, due in April of 2006

Quoting, for users of Google Groups:
http://groups.google.com/support/bin...4213&topic=250
Old December 23rd 05, 05:14 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids.breastfeeding,aus.family

In article ,
"toypup" wrote:

I was definitely urinary and fecal incontinent right after DS's birth
(episiotomy & 4th degree tear) and still have trouble with it 4 years later.

Yecch, how horrible for you.

If anyone is looking for a charity to support, here is a good one:

http://www.fistulafoundation.org/

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"In Melbourne there is plenty of vigour and eagerness, but there is
nothing worth being eager or vigorous about."
Francis Adams, The Australians, 1893.
Old December 23rd 05, 05:42 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids.breastfeeding,aus.family

Oh my goodness, I saw this on Oprah. So sad, and yet so amazing the help
that they are giving. This is a great cause.
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Guest