Anyone in Vermont?

Old September 29th 03, 01:53 AM
New York Jen

Default Anyone in Vermont?

We're taking our annual road trip vacation to Woodstock, Vermont. Last year
we hit Woodstock, NY and Saratoga, so I guess we have some strange affinity
for Woodstocks? Not sure exactly, but DH read about it and a friend highly
recommended it, so it should be a lot of fun.

Just curious if any of you were in that area. I don't think it's all that
far from New Hampshire, but of course I haven't actually looked at a map
yet! I should probably email Jess separately since she's been awol from
this ng.

- Jen

Old September 29th 03, 02:28 AM
badgirl

"New York Jen" wrote in message
We're taking our annual road trip vacation to Woodstock, Vermont.

Last year
we hit Woodstock, NY and Saratoga, so I guess we have some strange

affinity
for Woodstocks? Not sure exactly, but DH read about it and a friend

highly
recommended it, so it should be a lot of fun.

Just curious if any of you were in that area. I don't think it's

all that
far from New Hampshire, but of course I haven't actually looked at a

map
yet! I should probably email Jess separately since she's been awol

from
this ng.

- Jen

Well, I'm not in VT, but I do live near a Woodstock
Lemmie know if you ever drive close to Woodstock IL and I'll set you
up with a place to stay and probably a nice meal as well

Jen

Old September 29th 03, 01:11 PM
Herself

E wrote:

i think we're on the wrong side of the Hudson for you - we're in Rockland
County, NY.

I grew up there.. :-) Went to S. Orangetown Middle School and Tappan
Zee Elementary :-).
--
'Tis Herself
Old September 30th 03, 02:19 PM

Herself wrote:
E wrote:

i think we're on the wrong side of the Hudson for you - we're in
Rockland County, NY.

I grew up there.. :-) Went to S. Orangetown Middle School and Tappan
Zee Elementary :-).

we're in the Pomona portion of Suffern
let me know if you ever get back to visit
--
Edith
oht nak

Old September 30th 03, 03:50 PM
Sara

New York Jen wrote:

We're taking our annual road trip vacation to Woodstock, Vermont. Last year
we hit Woodstock, NY and Saratoga, so I guess we have some strange affinity
for Woodstocks? Not sure exactly, but DH read about it and a friend highly
recommended it, so it should be a lot of fun.

Hey Jen -- send me an e-mail if you want to talk about Woodstock, VT.
I go there several times a year.

--
Sara, accompanied by the baby barnacle
Old September 30th 03, 04:22 PM
Herself

E wrote:

Herself wrote:
E wrote:

i think we're on the wrong side of the Hudson for you - we're in
Rockland County, NY.

I grew up there.. :-) Went to S. Orangetown Middle School and Tappan
Zee Elementary :-).

we're in the Pomona portion of Suffern
let me know if you ever get back to visit

Been a long, long time, and not the best memories (kids can be really
cruel)...but I'm a Blauvelt, so I gotta show P his family stomping
grounds :-). I'll give a shout :-).
--
'Tis Herself
Old October 3rd 03, 03:43 AM
juniper

New York Jen wrote:
We're taking our annual road trip vacation to Woodstock, Vermont. Last year
we hit Woodstock, NY and Saratoga, so I guess we have some strange affinity
for Woodstocks? Not sure exactly, but DH read about it and a friend highly
recommended it, so it should be a lot of fun.

Just curious if any of you were in that area. I don't think it's all that
far from New Hampshire, but of course I haven't actually looked at a map
yet! I should probably email Jess separately since she's been awol from
this ng.

- Jen

I live in Delaware, but I was in Woodstock, VT on Monday! My parents
have a vacation home in the Rutland area, and DH and I went up with our
14 week old daughter. Woodstock is a really cute little town. If you
like coffee shops, there is a really neat little one on one of the main
roads.

We also went to the Billings Farm museum, which was interesting. On
topic, there is a working dairy farm there, and it was cow milking time
when we were there. I was sad to hear that the calves only stay with
their mothers for three days, and then the female calves get milk from
any female (and stay in a separate nursery). The male calves get sent
away. Maybe I'm more sensitive to this because I'm lactating and have
my own little one, but it really bothered me.

- Jennifer from Delaware