Michael? Doug?

Old January 29th 06, 05:08 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.support.foster-parents

Default Michael? Doug?

wrote:
Stork replied to:

Come on you Clowns. Give us something to chat abo

I will. I think the CPS is evil and should be abolished.

You base this personal opinion on what?

The
government mockery of foster care is worse for children than even a bad
family situation.

No data is evident that would support that. Claims are made, but in
fact the vast majority of children in foster care fair well.

President Clinton was an abused child and he made
something of his life, but, who ever became something good out of the
CPS?

Adults that were in foster care tend not to talk about it. Not because
it was bad, but because it indicated a failure on the part of their
parents.

We've had posters come here in the past and talk about having been
grateful for CPS intervention.

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepu...nton,bill.html

You'll find a more accurate depiction of this issue at the above link.
In these newsgroups we find a lot of anti CPS opinion rather than fact.

Often though, in fact mostly, what comes 'out of the CPS' are children
still suffering the injuries from the abuses and neglect caused by
their parents.

CPS cannot cure that. What they can do is this:

Stop it continuing before there is greater damage, or death.

Help the child with the first steps in healing.

Put the child in a situation (which even sometimes includes returning
to reformed and rehabilitated parents) where they can have a more
normal life, attempt to get over the damage from trauma that has
occurred, and put the past behind them.

Cut all funding for CPS programs everywhere. They are a lie.

And you would replace it with what?

There will still be abused and neglect children to deal with.

Who will? By what means?

Kane

Ref:
http://www.uexpress.com/dearabby/?uc_full_date=20010501
http://www.cavalcadeproductions.com/...-children.html

Old January 29th 06, 07:40 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.support.foster-parents

You base this personal opinion on what?

CPS investigating a family solely because a former friend was
vindictive and called them. The family being investigated has one
child, makes 100k a year, the kid has the best of everything, does
nothing but laugh and smile.

So I tend to think that CPS is basically a bunch of government junkies
trying to take people's kids away based on rumors and innuendo and I
simply don't believe these made up horror stories launched by them. I
think CPS is in it only for the money.

Old January 30th 06, 05:01 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.support.foster-parents

wrote:
You base this personal opinion on what?

CPS investigating a family solely because a former friend was
vindictive and called them.

And you know this because you are that "family?" Or if not, you live
with that family and know their day to day life behind closed doors?

The family being investigated has one
child, makes 100k a year,

That has little to do with abuse and negligence. Some, but not much.

the kid has the best of everything, does
nothing but laugh and smile.

I hate to hurt your feelings, but face it, that is either abysmal
igorance or a lie. NO CHILD "does nothing but laugh and smile." They'd
have a screw loose somewhere if that were true. All children frown and
cry from time to time. The more vigorously they pursue learning the more
often.

So I tend to think that CPS is basically a bunch of government junkies
trying to take people's kids away based on rumors and innuendo

They do not hunt children. They take referrals by phone only. It would
be rare that CPS would run across a case say by a worker stumbling over
it. And that worker, in every state I know of, would be required, just
as other mandatory reporters, to report through the callin system.

and I
simply don't believe these made up horror stories launched by them. I
think CPS is in it only for the money.

Then why are they so woefully underfunded everywhere and have been for
decades? I've served on government oversight committees and KNOW this to
be true. I've examined budgets for CPS. And examined caseload figures.
And known the relatives of abused children who have had case access and
authorized me to as well. I KNOW what cooks, boychild.

As for those "made up horror stories:" I've run a little series on
ascps, titled WDNNSCP, or "We Don Nee No Stinkin' CPS."

It features case after case, right from the media, all over the country
and a few from other countries, of horrendous abuse, neglect, rape, and
murder of children by their parents or caregivers.

They aren't made up.

Here's a very tiny abstraction from archives I keep on all the stories I
collect.

ACS shake-up skims surface of deeper problem, Part 1
Amsterdam News - Baltimore,MD,USA
.... the seven-year-old little girl who was abused, sexually molested and
finally killed by her ... have concerns about the progress and safety
of a child. ...
http://www.amsterdamnews.com/news/Article/Article.asp?NewsID=65672&sID=4

WHY Didn't Anyone Save Nixzmary?
City Journal - USA
.... in Brooklyn on the same day Nixzmary was killed? ... children are only
appendages, and child molestation is ... wards--neglected, malnourished,
or abused--have two ...
http://www.city-journal.org/html/eon2006-01-18ng.html

A Tough Road for Siblings Who Survived Abuse
New York Times - United States
.... Her mother killed her in 1995 ... The authorities said the girls had
been sexually abused by their ... 11, 1989, child-protection workers found
her half sister and half ...
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/01/15/nyregion/15foster.html?hp&ex=1137387600&en=2e55db9102dcda57 &ei=5094&partner=homepage
See all stories on this topic:
http://news.google.com/news?ie=utf8&oe=utf8&persist=1&hl=en&client=google &ncl=http://www.nytimes.com/2006/01/15/nyregion/15foster.html%3Fhp%26ex%3D1137387600%26en%3D2e55db 9102dcda57%26ei%3D5094%26partner%3Dhomepage

IN the name of Candice
Lufkin Daily News - Lufkin,TX,USA
.... was murdered, a second child was killed in a drug ... who are sexually
and physically abused, many living in ... Police and child advocacy workers
routinely give broad ...
http://www.lufkindailynews.com/news/content/news/stories/2006/01/15/20060115LDNmeth.html

NEGLECT in Mich. has soared in past decade; the number of victims ...
DetNews.com - Detroit,MI,USA
.... that killed her father and almost killed her mother ... mother, Bernice,
testified her son had abused her and ... employees handling both adult
and child abuse cases ...
http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051229/METRO/512290320/1003

FAILED by the system
Tulsa World (subscription) - Tulsa,OK,USA
.... 7, 2003, house fire that killed them started ... in prison in 2004
for numerous counts of child neglect ... filthy and that the children
might have been sexually abused. ...
http://www.tulsaworld.com/NewsStory.asp?ID=051218_Ne_A1_DHS_0

LOCAL COMMENT: State must protect kids
Detroit Free Press - United States
.... on youngsters who were beaten and killed continued ... is waiting for
an independent child-protection advocate ... Effectively advocate for
abused and neglected kids and ...
http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051128/OPINION02/511280354/1068

And watch the news.

Since you have web access try google or yahoo or another retrieval
service and set it to feed you stories on child abuse and neglect. Try
different terms.

Get back to us when you are better informed. It feels shameful to debate
someone so clueless and opinionated.

Kane

--
Isn't it interesting that the more honest an author appears to be,
the more like ourselves we think him. And the less so, how very