OT Need Xmas gift ideas!

Old December 21st 05, 11:45 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Default OT Need Xmas gift ideas!

In article emgqf.84$sA3.50@fed1read02, "Circe" wrote:

I need a present for my in laws. But they are rich. They are millionares..
what the heck do you buy rich people for xmas??!!!! They are in their 50's.

Why do you need the "buy" them anything? Isn't there something you can give
them that's not "monetary" in value? How about doing some crafts with your
kids (Christmas tree ornaments are great) and giving those as a gift?

Maybe Andrea is craft-challenged, like me!

But I agree it's not about money, it's about thinking of something they would
like. Home-made food is another possibility. You could also ASK them...

Do you
have any fruit- or nut-bearing trees in your yard? This year, I'm giving
many adult family members baskets filled with pecans, avocados, and oranges
grown in our backyard. (Luckily, all of the fruit we grow on our property
comes in at Christmas-time!)

drool
Can I be adopted?

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"In Melbourne there is plenty of vigour and eagerness, but there is
nothing worth being eager or vigorous about."
Francis Adams, The Australians, 1893.
Old December 22nd 05, 12:50 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Homemade foods, crafts, a nice bottle of wine- anything consumable is
nice.
JJ

Old December 22nd 05, 08:39 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

"Chookie" wrote in message ...

Maybe Andrea is craft-challenged, like me!

I am! I am usless! However I decided to go to Christian Aids website and use
Gift Aid to buy things for families in poor countries.. the inlaws love it!

Andrea.

Old December 22nd 05, 09:54 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

People have this idea that rich people don't need gifts, but they like the
thought just like anyone else. Give them something they would like but
wouldn't have thought to get themselves. Give them something you made.
Get a professional portrait of your kids or family done and have it
framed. It's not about the money.

ho ho ho, do you know how much that kind of thing costs? that would be one
gift that if I did get for anyone, even though it wouldn't be about the
money that it would be the biggest impact on me!

Anne

Old December 22nd 05, 04:20 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

"Anne Rogers" wrote in message
ho ho ho, do you know how much that kind of thing costs? that would be one
gift that if I did get for anyone, even though it wouldn't be about the
money that it would be the biggest impact on me!

I'm not exactly sure what you are referring to, but if it's the portrait
that you think is a lot of money, it certainly doesn't have to be. Many
places offer specials. I've gone to Kmart or Walmart and gotten pictures
done and they have come out wonderful without the cost of a more expensive
place.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Old December 22nd 05, 06:35 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

"Anne Rogers" wrote in message
People have this idea that rich people don't need gifts, but they like
the thought just like anyone else. Give them something they would like
but wouldn't have thought to get themselves. Give them something you
made. Get a professional portrait of your kids or family done and have it
framed. It's not about the money.

ho ho ho, do you know how much that kind of thing costs?

It only cost me $7 per sheet, no sitting fee. There are places that charge
$3.95 per package. Sometimes, the 8x10 is for free and no sitting fee.
(They are hoping you buy more.)

Old December 23rd 05, 07:30 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

In the UK that kind of thing is REALLY expensive, compared to here. There's
nowhere that does (for example) 8 * 10 for $3.99 without a sitting fee. I
love the USA!!

CY (Ex-Pat)

Old December 23rd 05, 12:42 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

"CY" wrote in message
In the UK that kind of thing is REALLY expensive, compared to here.
There's nowhere that does (for example) 8 * 10 for $3.99 without a sitting
fee. I love the USA!!

Oh really. I had no idea.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Old December 23rd 05, 07:19 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

"CY" wrote
In the UK that kind of thing is REALLY expensive, compared to here.

There's
nowhere that does (for example) 8 * 10 for $3.99 without a sitting fee. I
love the USA!!

I'm fairly sure PixiFoto do a deal like that, though maybe not quite that
cheap. I'm in Ireland and I can get an 8"x10" for 10 Euro, including
sitting fee, from them. I'd be surprised if they were more expensive in the
UK.

Jean

--
DD - June '02