Household by the numbers

Old November 6th 03, 11:33 PM
Wendy

Default Household by the numbers

dragonlady wrote:
Speaking of different school schedules and such, I was just tearing my
hair out, and I started to count things. We are

1 family, with
2 churches (I work for a different church than the one to which we
belong)
3 schools
4 cars
5 people, and
6 jobs

6 jobs. Oh my. We are 5 people with two jobs and two cars but our three
children are in three different schools in three different towns and none
of them have buses. (One is ostensibly a walker and one is at a private
middle school north of here and the other is at a private preschool south
of he those two schools start at the same time and the walker's school
starts half an hour LATER, as IF he could stay alone then!)

To be honest, I've gotten fairly accomplished at being in two places at
once. (Practice practice practice.)

Wendy
Old November 7th 03, 12:11 AM
dragonlady

Speaking of different school schedules and such, I was just tearing my
hair out, and I started to count things. We are

1 family, with
2 churches (I work for a different church than the one to which we
belong)
3 schools
4 cars
5 people, and
6 jobs

Only 2 of the jobs have a reasonably consistent schedule -- the rest of
them change from week to week. Someone just called to ask if I knew
what everyone was doing next Thursday evening. Lordy, I barely know
where everyone is RIGHT NOW!

meh

Old November 7th 03, 12:36 AM
Denise

"dragonlady" wrote in message
Speaking of different school schedules and such, I was just tearing my
hair out, and I started to count things. We are

1 family, with
2 churches (I work for a different church than the one to which we
belong)
3 schools
4 cars
5 people, and
6 jobs

Only 2 of the jobs have a reasonably consistent schedule -- the rest of
them change from week to week. Someone just called to ask if I knew
what everyone was doing next Thursday evening. Lordy, I barely know
where everyone is RIGHT NOW!

We're boring people

5-6 people (depending on SD's visiting)
only 1 in school at a time
Soccer is over so we're sport free for a couple months
2 jobs
2 cars
2 churches

Old November 7th 03, 12:50 AM
Sophie

We're boring.
1 family
0 church
2 schools (real school, daycare)
1 activity - gymnastics
1 car, 1 van
5 people - 1 often not here
1 job - his - very inconsistent

--
Sophie -
#4 due July 18, 2004

Old November 7th 03, 01:40 AM
Ericka Kammerer

dragonlady wrote:

Speaking of different school schedules and such, I was just tearing my
hair out, and I started to count things. We are

1 family, with
2 churches (I work for a different church than the one to which we
belong)
3 schools
4 cars
5 people, and
6 jobs

Only 2 of the jobs have a reasonably consistent schedule -- the rest of
them change from week to week. Someone just called to ask if I knew
what everyone was doing next Thursday evening. Lordy, I barely know
where everyone is RIGHT NOW!

Yikes. We're not nearly as bad off. We have:

5 people
2 pets
1 church
2 cars
1.5 jobs
1 school

(so far, so good, eh?)

The problem lies in the extracurriculars around here (French,
chess, dance, soccer, piano for one; French, chess, dance, and
soccer for the other). And, of course, Nutcracker is off and
running again. Fortunately, this is the last weekend of
soccer. That will make things a *LOT* easier. Well, that
and finishing Nutcracker. The other saving grace is that
all of the kids' activities are in our town. None of them
require that we drive more than 10 minutes or so; otherwise,
the commuting would kill us.

Best wishes,
Ericka

Old November 7th 03, 01:43 AM
Cheryl S.

dragonlady wrote in message
Speaking of different school schedules and such, I was just tearing my
hair out, and I started to count things. We are

1 family, with
2 churches (I work for a different church than the one to which we
belong)
3 schools
4 cars
5 people, and
6 jobs

Wow. Our numbers:

0 churches
1 school
2 cars
4 people
1 (paying job
--
Cheryl S.
Mom to Julie, 2 yr., 7 mo.

Cleaning the house while your children are small is like
shoveling the sidewalk while it's still snowing.

Old November 7th 03, 03:53 AM
sharonx9

We a

1 family, with
7 people
1 job
1 church
1 car
1 van
1 school

:-)

--
.. : * ~ * : . _ . : * ~ * : . _ .
Sharon

Old November 7th 03, 11:11 AM
Sue

Yeah we are pretty busy, or I should say I'm pretty busy, lol.

5 people in the family.

Let's see this year we have 3 children in one school (that will change next
year)
2 jobs
2 cars
No church at the time
Three different Girl Scout and Brownie schedules.
My classes three days a week
Various playdates.
Homework up the kazoo each night.
My PTA involvement and various jobs I do for them.
Volunteer my time at school.

Thank goodness we don't have other outside activities because I go crazy on
this schedule.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Old November 7th 03, 11:21 AM
Jan Silbermann

In article ,
Sophie wrote:

We're boring.
1 family
0 church
2 schools (real school, daycare)
1 activity - gymnastics
1 car, 1 van
5 people - 1 often not here
1 job - his - very inconsistent

--

Interesting poll (-:

1 fanily of seven people.
1 synagogue- but visit one other sometimes
1 school ( 2 next year)
No activities because there's no time
1 car that's falling apart and one nice van that seats 8
2 jobs- 1 part time

Jan, mom to 5
Old November 7th 03, 01:45 PM
Penny Gaines

dragonlady wrote in :

Speaking of different school schedules and such, I was just tearing my
hair out, and I started to count things. We are

1 family, with
2 churches (I work for a different church than the one to which we
belong)
3 schools
4 cars
5 people, and
6 jobs

Only 2 of the jobs have a reasonably consistent schedule -- the rest of
them change from week to week. Someone just called to ask if I knew
what everyone was doing next Thursday evening. Lordy, I barely know
where everyone is RIGHT NOW!

Yikes!
We are
1 family