I must be the worst mother on MKP

Old November 1st 04, 04:36 AM
Mum of Two

"TXVIOLET31" wrote in message

"Girlfriends hate this subjest almost as much as they hate the subjects of
infidelity and menopause. But not talking about it doesnt make it not
exist. ,
so here goes:Once you have vagainlly delivered a baby, your vagina will
not be
as tight as it was ever again. All of your friends will tell you that
everything down there goes back to its fromer self, but they are just
saying
that because it worries them to think that their sexuality in any has been
diminished."

Ok, this is probably more than you wanted to know, but you really asked for
it by posting this. My sexuality has *improved* since birthing children
vaginally, for what reason I can't be entirely sure, but I know I feel more
in touch with my body after two empowering births, and I am much more easily
aroused. This has been a slight problem at times, since the 'increased
lubrication' has dulled DH's sensation. He is circumcised if you want to get
into that, which may have something to do with it. The mutual enjoyment of
intercourse is not based on the state of the woman's body alone.
However I am not 'stretched' down there, and I have asked DH, and he replied
that he enjoys my body as much as ever and it feels the same to him - if
you're wondering, he's a pathologically honest guy whose reply to "Do I look
fat in this?" is usually "Yes".
I feel sorry for Vicki Iovines. Perhaps she failed to do her pelvic floor
exercises. Perhaps she was denied the vaginal births she so wanted, so seeks
to make herself feel better by putting down vaginal births in general. I
don't think her attitude reflects that of the general population though -
sure. *some* women may have problems with intercourse after a vaginal
delivery, just as *some* women may have problems after a caesarian delivery.
FWIW, I resumed sex 12 days pp; for my friend having her second caesarian,
it was 6 weeks before she was even allowed to *drive*.
I hear the real intimacy problems begin, regardless of the mode of delivery,
once you suspect your 5 year old has a Fisher Price cassette recorder hidden
under your bed.

--
Amy,
Mum to Carlos born sleeping 20/11/02,

Old November 1st 04, 05:57 AM
Kelly

Oh, my crockpot doesn't have an insert part-it's all one piece.

Kelly

"Nancy P." wrote in message

"Kelly" wrote in message
I have never put a crock pot in the dishwasher-didn't know you could. Do
you put it in upside down or at an angle?

kelly

Well, just the crockpot insert part, of course. I figure its like

Corning.
I put it in upside down. I'm going to try at an angle after tonight's
dinner.

Nancy

Old November 1st 04, 06:11 AM
Kelly

I would have *no* problem asking my husband if things felt
different-partially because my husband knows that I am one to randomly ask
questions in all seriousness. Heck, he's right here and I can just ask
him(although he knows I am on ng so would look at me with slight horror that
we are discussing this, and then possibly him! g)

Kelly
#4 2/12/05

"Ericka Kammerer" wrote in message
TXVIOLET31 wrote:

Okay, I went for my yearly check up, and asked my gyno about the
c-section/pushing/vaginal birth . She said that the majority of women

gynos whe
know do opt for an elective csection.

Then all of them might benefit from a little more
looking in the medical literature, not to mention an examination
of their management of birth which *increases* the odds of
pelvic floor damage.

As for myself, I always think of the following passage in Vicki Iovines
book......
"Girlfriends hate this subjest almost as much as they hate the subjects

of
infidelity and menopause. But not talking about it doesnt make it not

exist. ,
so here goes:Once you have vagainlly delivered a baby, your vagina will

not be
as tight as it was ever again. All of your friends will tell you that
everything down there goes back to its fromer self, but they are just

saying
that because it worries them to think that their sexuality in any has

been
diminished."
Then she goes on to say, "If you have the nerve to ask your husband if

he
notices a difference, he will probably do some hedging or outright
lying....your doctor knows this, even if she or he wont discuss it with
you....."

...from a book that is full of so many inaccuracies that
it's amazing anyone would take it as gospel on anything. It's
amusing, yes, but hardly accurate. Of course, if she's
assuming a woman wouldn't have the nerve to ask her husband
or that he'd automatically hedge or lie, one has to wonder
long before she actually gets to the content of her allegations.

Best wishes,
Ericka

Old November 2nd 04, 07:01 PM
Jamie Clark

Oh ha ha ha!

lol!
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Guest
Password

"Denise Anderson" wrote in message

"Jamie Clark" wrote in message
I just posted something similar, and as I was typing it, I thought, "Gee,
I sound like Sophie."

: )

But that would have been ok, because hasn't your bitchiness already been
established?

Denise
(to clarify doesn't really think Jamie's a bitch.. or Sophie for that
matter)

Old November 2nd 04, 07:10 PM
Jamie Clark

Nope, it's 5 minutes once a day. I tend to wash any dishes in the sink at
night, before I go to bed. Blame FlyLady. : )

Those 3 bottles last me throughout the day, since I make up the full 8
ounces and feed her from that bottle until it's done. She tends to take
anywhere from 3-4 ounces at a time, usually, and I'll tuck it in the fridge
if it's warm, or if our house is colder, leave it out. Sometimes she eats
an ounce every 20 minutes, in which case I really leave it out. But then,
after about an hour of eating that way, she'll fall asleep for a good 3-4
hours -- then I'll pop it in the fridge. I'm not worried about the saliva
issue. I did it this way with Taylor as well -- both are healthy as a horse
and growing like weeds.

Hey, we all do whatever works. This works for me, but not for you.
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Guest
Password

"Jenrose" wrote in message

"Jamie Clark" wrote in message
I do formula, and have a dishwasher, but don't put my bottles in it. I
have three 9 ounce Avent bottles. I used to have 4 but we left one at a
restaurant, and I haven't replaced it yet. I hand wash them, since I
don't run the dishwasher often enough. Takes me all of about 5 minutes
each night. Same thing with making up the formula -- fill bottle with
cold tap water, dump in 4 scoops, put on cap and shake, and voila. Easy
peasy.
--

But if you're washing them many times a day, those 5 minutes add up. If
you're making big bottles and feeding them over the course of hours (so

Jenrose

Old November 2nd 04, 07:25 PM
Jamie Clark

"Christine" wrote in message
I now have a good routine, first I fill a large bowl of HOT soapy water
in the sink or by the sink, then as I use a bottle during the day, I
rinse the bottle and put it in the hot soapy water, then at night when
the bowl in full of bottles,(the water is cold by now,) . I empty the
bowl, and REfill it with more hot water and that is when I use my brush,
and clean the bottles and rinse them well, while I do that, I boil my
nipples, and I put them in the bin that I brought home from the
hospital.. and the nipples too..

You know, the whole reason why I do my dishes the way I do (see thread about
soap directly on dish sponge) is that I can't stand a sink or bowl full of
cold soapy grungy dishwater. Gives me the heeebes! I do fill bottles with
water when I'm done with them, and invert the lid and put water in that too,
then rest it upside down on the bottle (so the nipple has water in the top,
and is sitting in water). Then I only have to dump a bottle of cold dirty
water out, rather than stick my hand in it!

as far as house keeping,

I do laundry everyday,
I try to run the sweeper everyday, at least down stairs, I (sweep) the
kitchen floor when it needs it....when its DH and me and Chloe it stays
clean, but when I have a house full it needs done a few times a day BUT
I do it once..
(thats just with a broom) I mop it once a week...

dishes everyday,,(with dishwasher)

I sweep the kitchen floor when it needs it, which isn't very often. It's a
big room, so the crumbs disperse, and we have great hide-all tile!

I run the dishwasher when it's full, which is about every other day. We
have a lot of dishes, so don't run out. I tend to wash anything in the sink
every night before I go to bed.

bathrooms....I hate this part..;(

I clean the toilets everyday
I wipe out sinks and spray, and scrub the shower (the girls) shower once
a week because it is not used nearly as much as ours ( mine and DH ) I
do ours everyother day.....

shower curtain liner gets yucky, I just get new ones, they're 2
bucks,,,

I hate bathrooms too. I don't do them often enough, but since we have
several, they tend to get used fairly equally, and therefore they don't get
as dirty as they might if we only had one. I'll use a clorox wipe on the
toilet, and a windex wipe on the sink, faucet and mirror about once a week.
I don't do our shower often enough, but it doesn't appear dirty, again, due
to the type and color of tile. When it's dirty, I get in naked and use
comet and scrub it down. It's big enough that I don't know how else to do
it without getting all wet. I clean the guestroom bathroom right after a
guest leaves, and then will often run a windex wipe over it before a new
guest comes, just so things are sparkly.

I'm really fussy about fingerprints on windows or doors. so i'm ALWAYS
walking around with my glass plus..;-)

I dont dust near as much as I should..;(

I'm not as fussy, but will wipe things down when I notice them. You'd
probably notice them well before I would. I don't dust as much as I should
either!

then I do Chloe's clothes separate in ?????
Oh crap I cant think of her detergent...oh, ya know the pink
jug??????..well, anyhow, I know I dont ''have'' to wash them
separate, but I do, I like how the ????? makes her clothes smell and I
feel better knowing its gentle on her skin...
I sometimes wash my clothes in it too....it smells so good,
but it doesnt get the bigger kids chothes clean..so I use tide on all
the other loads....
with I could think of the name of the detergent...lol...i'll have to go
look..

Dh is Laundry Guy here at our house, although I tend to be in charge of baby
stuff. I love the smell of baby detergent as well -- I wash Taylor's
clothes (and Addie's now too) as well as my nightgowns in it!

then I bath Chloe everyday,
then I bath myself and do my make-up and hair, hell, by the time i'm
done with all that its time to cook dinner, clean up, make more bottles,
(guilty) chloe is formula fed..!!!

I only shower every other day, and probably give the kids a bath once a
week, unless they seem dirty. I will also "spot clean" them with a baby
wipe as I change clothes or diapers.

Ok, just thought I'd share my days..ouch....lol...

Thanks for sharing your day. It's interesting to "see" how other people do
it!

Jamie
Earth Angels:
Taylor Marlys, 1/3/03
Addison Grace, 9/30/04

Guest
Password

Old November 2nd 04, 07:28 PM
Jamie Clark

Oh I use and run my dishwasher, don't get me wrong -- but there are certain
items that we don't put in -- -baby bottles, sippy cups (unless they really
need a good hot super clean), salad bowls, pots and pans, good steak knives,
etc.

--

"Jamie Clark" wrote in message
Okay, so this is making me curious -- how do you all hand wash your
dishes? I think I'm the only person in my family who does it this way,
and now I'm wondering if I'm the only person on the planet...

I do them the same way. For the first 5 years DH and I were together we
had a dishwasher, but I never ran it. Looking back, I don't know what the
heck my problem was.

Denise

Old November 2nd 04, 07:28 PM
Jamie Clark

Yeah! I'm not alone, I'm not alone!
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Guest
Password

"Sophie" wrote in message
I squirt dishsoap directly on
the scrubby sponge, and then soap up each individual item, be it a glass,
utensil, plate, etc. After they are soaped and scrubbed, I rinse them
and
put them into the rack to dry. I add more soap often, and always start
washing the least dirty/greasy items first, so the sponge doesn't get
clogged with gunk. I always do the pots and pans last, and add more soap

as
I go. The only time I put any water in the sink is if I have a large
item
that needs to soak -- other than that, I'll fill the specific pan or bowl
that needs soaking, and let it soak while I wash the other stuff. I

believe
that my dishes get cleaner this way, and it seems to go very quickly. I
know people who always have soapy water in their sinks, but I get heebed

out
by cold dirty soapy water. Blech.

So, anyone else out there wash dishes in any other way?

I do it the exact same way you do.

Old November 2nd 04, 07:31 PM
Jamie Clark

I'm an only sponge person. I use it for a while, then put it in the
dishwasher to sanitize it. After about 3 months, I recycle it into the
cleaning bucket, to be used to scrub bathrooms and toilets. When it starts
to fall apart, I toss it.
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Guest
Password

"Nikki" wrote in message
Jamie Clark wrote:
Okay, so this is making me curious -- how do you all hand wash your
dishes? I think I'm the only person in my family who does it this
way, and now I'm wondering if I'm the only person on the planet...

I do it your way when I wash a big bowl or something that won't fit in
the dishwasher.

When I do them all by hand I fill up the sink with very hot soapy water.
I add the silverwear to soak. I do all the glasses, wipe the
counters/stove, then the plates/bowls, then the silverwear, then the
pans/pots. I add additional soap to the scrubber when needed. I rinse
them under the faucet with hot water. I know some people that fill up the
sink with clear water to rinse, because it saves water but I prefer to
waste the water and rinse individually ;-) I can tolerate really hot
water, which makes a difference I think. Once the dishes are done I drain
the sink. I don't like a sink of water sitting because I have to have it
really hot and I like to start with fresh water each time.

So, are you guys sponge people or dish cloth people? I use a
sponge/scrubber for cleaning certain dishes but I must have a dish cloth
to wipe the table/counters. I get a new one each day ;-) I know a lot of
people that use only sponges.
--
Nikki

Old November 2nd 04, 07:33 PM
Jamie Clark

I forgot to mention -- I'm pretty fanatical about rinsing the sponge out
after washing the dishes -- I'll run water through it and squeeze it until
it's not soapy any longer. I also use that same sponge after every
dishwashing session to scrub the sink and wipe the counters.

Dh on the other hand will wipe down the coffee counter and toss the coffee
ground filled sponge back into the bottom of the sink. I've tried to make
him understand that the sponge should always be rinsed out, so that whoever
grabs it to wipe a counter gets a clean sponge, but he doesn't get it.
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Guest
Password

"Jamie Clark" wrote in message
I'm an only sponge person. I use it for a while, then put it in the
dishwasher to sanitize it. After about 3 months, I recycle it into the
cleaning bucket, to be used to scrub bathrooms and toilets. When it
starts to fall apart, I toss it.
--

Jamie
Earth Angels: