I must be the worst mother on MKP

Old November 2nd 04, 11:07 PM
Leslie

Jamie asked:

So you have nothing that won't go in your dishwasher?

There are some things that don't fit very well, and it would probably make more
sense to handwash them to save the space in the dishwasher (the electric fry
pan, my giant mixing bowl) but I manage to squeeze them in. And I really
shouldn't wash my crystal in there because in time it will wash the gilt off of
the rims, but I'm afraid of breaking them in the sink . . . or having them get
broken sitting around the kitchen waiting for someone to get around to washing
them!

Leslie

Emily (2/4/91)
Jake (1/27/94)
Teddy (2/15/95)
William (3/5/01 -- VBA3C, 13 lbs. 5 oz.)
and Lorelei, expected 11/2/04

"Children come trailing clouds of glory from God, which is their home."
~ William Wordsworth

Old November 3rd 04, 12:40 AM
Jamie Clark

I'd go with a toffee color, especially for the living room, and it would
work in the kitchen as well.
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Guest
Password

"Christine" wrote in message
Before I switched to a Swiffer I just used to
brush the tops of them with the broom. Ours
are white (like the walls) so you notice the
dust. I probably do mine once a month.

``~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh, this is horrible for me, our home hasn't been painted yet, it's a
new house, so it's still just the white primer they use, and it gets SO
dirty, we finally painted the living room and kitchen, and now the
baseboards can be wiped clean but they were really full of dust and dirt
before we painted,
the entrance to my house is so high, that I think we will need
professionals to paint it, and the rest of the house just keeps
connecting, IE. leads to the upstairs, DH's office, it all connects, so
it needs to be one color.
but the thing that I found that works the best is a wisk broom on the
baseboards, I still have to clean them even though they're not painted
yet, because it makes me sick...lol......I think mine got so bad because
when they were building this house there was no grass and the dirt was
just flying all around the place and came in the sliding door and
windows....now that there is grass its not quite as bad,,)

Ok, since i mentioned paint,
I mentioned that this house pretty much all connects, Except for the
living room and kitchen (they connect together) so for those two rooms
we painted a soft peach, now what would go with peach, I didnt want to
get too peachy by doing the whole house peach, once we start painting
the rest of the house it pretty much has to be one color, we
''might'' be able to cut it off upstairs, but the whole
entrance, DH office, hallway,,HAS to be one color, and even though the
livingroom amd kitchen are not connected to the rest of the house,you
can still see the peach when you walk in the house.
Soo, any ideas on matching the dirty primered walls with peach???

TIA.

Old November 3rd 04, 01:11 AM
Larry McMahan

laurie writes:
:Well good for you and I'm glad you are happy but let me tell you what--I had
:a
:13 lb. 5 oz. baby with a 16 inch head vaginally and had an episiotomy and
:tore
:every which way (like three or four different places requiring stitches) and
:I

:ouldn't sit down without pain for a month, and my husband assures me he can't
:tell any difference and he's not tactful enough to lie about it. I sure
:can't
:tell any difference and shouldn't that be more important anyway

:nce it
:happens to be MY body?
:
:
:Leslie

: Dear God Leslie, I already knew all of this, but it still takes my breath away.
:

: And what you said about your husband not being tactful enough to lie about it-
: that's the exact same for my husband, and he says the same thing- no
: difference. I can't match your stats, but I did have 2 babies vaginally that
: were over 9 lbs.

And not only that, but after Niel who was 10'6" Monika can still squeezwe
me as hard as before.

Mr. Tact.
Old November 3rd 04, 01:41 AM
Leslie

Laurie said:

Dear God Leslie, I already knew all of this, but it still takes my breath
away.

Well, I was being a little dramatic. That post irritated me.

And what you said about your husband not being tactful enough to lie about
it-
that's the exact same for my husband, and he says the same thing- no
difference. I can't match your stats, but I did have 2 babies vaginally that
were over 9 lbs.

I think it's important to put that info out there, because after all my
sections, that was a very real concern of mine!

Old November 3rd 04, 06:57 AM
Kelly

My DH leaves the dishcloth in the sink too. Drives me batty because it
isn't much effort to rinse it out and hang it over the faucet spout!!

I go through a lot of dishcloths.

Kelly
#4 2/12/05

"Jamie Clark" wrote in message
I forgot to mention -- I'm pretty fanatical about rinsing the sponge out
after washing the dishes -- I'll run water through it and squeeze it until
it's not soapy any longer. I also use that same sponge after every
dishwashing session to scrub the sink and wipe the counters.

Dh on the other hand will wipe down the coffee counter and toss the coffee
ground filled sponge back into the bottom of the sink. I've tried to make
him understand that the sponge should always be rinsed out, so that

whoever
grabs it to wipe a counter gets a clean sponge, but he doesn't get it.
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Check out the family! -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest1,

Password:
Guest
Password

"Jamie Clark" wrote in message
I'm an only sponge person. I use it for a while, then put it in the
dishwasher to sanitize it. After about 3 months, I recycle it into the
cleaning bucket, to be used to scrub bathrooms and toilets. When it
starts to fall apart, I toss it.
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:
Taylor Marlys, 1/3/03
Addison Grace, 9/30/04

Check out the family! -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest1,
Password: Guest
Become a member for free - go to Add Member to set up your own User ID

and
Password

"Nikki" wrote in message
Jamie Clark wrote:
Okay, so this is making me curious -- how do you all hand wash your
dishes? I think I'm the only person in my family who does it this
way, and now I'm wondering if I'm the only person on the planet...

I do it your way when I wash a big bowl or something that won't fit in
the dishwasher.

When I do them all by hand I fill up the sink with very hot soapy

water.
I add the silverwear to soak. I do all the glasses, wipe the
counters/stove, then the plates/bowls, then the silverwear, then the
pans/pots. I add additional soap to the scrubber when needed. I rinse
them under the faucet with hot water. I know some people that fill up
the sink with clear water to rinse, because it saves water but I prefer
to waste the water and rinse individually ;-) I can tolerate really hot
water, which makes a difference I think. Once the dishes are done I
drain the sink. I don't like a sink of water sitting because I have to
have it really hot and I like to start with fresh water each time.

So, are you guys sponge people or dish cloth people? I use a
sponge/scrubber for cleaning certain dishes but I must have a dish

cloth
to wipe the table/counters. I get a new one each day ;-) I know a lot
of people that use only sponges.
--
Nikki

Old November 3rd 04, 09:39 AM
Jenrose

"Jamie Clark" wrote in message
Nope, it's 5 minutes once a day. I tend to wash any dishes in the sink at
night, before I go to bed. Blame FlyLady. : )

Those 3 bottles last me throughout the day, since I make up the full 8
ounces and feed her from that bottle until it's done.

It's just so funny to me that while my floors don't bother me, the idea of
doing that *really* squicks me out. I never let a bottle sit after being
made for longer than 2 hours, and I think the most I ever mixed at a time
was 4 oz when he was taking about that much in a feed. Different strokes.

Jenrose

Old November 3rd 04, 09:40 AM
Jenrose

And not only that, but after Niel who was 10'6" Monika can still squeezwe
me as hard as before.

Mr. Tact.

I think we're delving into WTMI zone now...g

Jenrose

Old November 3rd 04, 08:36 PM
Mum of Two

"Larry McMahan" wrote in message

Yes you are! :-) And only because you have posted a therad
that has 572 responses! I think that is a record for mkp!

Yes, but a lot of them were mine.
And now it's 573 ;-)

--
Amy,
Mum to Carlos born sleeping 20/11/02,

Old November 4th 04, 10:20 PM
Jamie Clark

Yeah, I never thought about it in that way, but I don't put in large items
either. I'd rather fill the dishwasher to capacity with lots of items, than
take up space with larger items.

I don't dry by hand...I air dry.
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Guest
Password

"Larry McMahan" wrote in message
Pip writes:
: The one exception to my "don't hand wash anything rule" is the inset to
my
: breadmaker. I don't put that is the dishwasher mostly as it only needs
: wipe after I remove the bread and the only bit that does need a real
clean
: is the kneading paddle at that would get lost in the dishwasher anyway
as it
: is too small.. Other than that there is nothing that doesn't go in the
: dishwasher. If it's not dishwasher safe I won't buy it/use it.

: Pip

Interesting. I wash about half the dishes in our house, (we have a
"rule" that when one person cooks, the other has to clean up. :-)

We have SOO... many dishes for each load that my personal rule is
that if I can take something out of the dishwasher and fit six more
items in, then the big thing comes out. What this means is that
pots, pans, skillets and serving dishes get washed by hand. Monika
and I even agree on the rule. What we don't agree on is that I
always insist that everything that gets washed by hand gets dried
by hand. Monika, on the other hand, stacks the wet serving dishes
to air dry on a dish towel on the counter. I hate coming in the
next morning and finding the counter stacked with clean dishes!
Better than dirty dishes, I guess. :-)

Larry

Old November 5th 04, 07:05 PM
Joybelle

"Elle" wrote in message
om...

We rinse. I think I wouldn't if we ran the dishwasher more often but
since it is mostly just the two of us the dishes often sit there for a
few days before we run it. That's one thing I love about a dishwasher
-- even when they're still dirty if I've put them in there I feel like
they've been dealt with lol. When we have people over & run it right
after a meal we usually don't bother with rinsing.

This makes a lot of sense. Even with handwashing our dishes, I appreciate
it if the dishes are rinsed prior to washing them. Less chunks floating
around.. ewww. It's just the people that I know with dishwashers spend so
much time rinsing them very thoroughly that it seems like they might as well
be washing them. I think I'd be a wonderful dishwasher candidate. I love
the idea of them seeming to be dealt with.
--
Joy

Rose 1-30-99
Iris 2-28-01