I must be the worst mother on MKP

Old October 21st 04, 10:54 PM
Mum of Two

LOL thanks, you gave me a good laugh, I needed that.

--
Amy,
Mum to Carlos born sleeping 20/11/02,

"Sarah Vaughan" wrote in message
In message , Mum of Two
writes
Everyone here is so perfect! It seems you all wear your babies

constantly,
co-sleep with them when you aren't wearing them, rock them for hours on

end
while they scream, and manage all this even with a dozen other children
besides and a successful career. Those of you who don't have a career

cook,
bake, make your own clothes, baby products, and are basically Martha

Stewart
minus the criminal record. Still others of you are _always right_ or at
least have an annoying way of posting which makes it appear that way to
everyone who reads you, myself included. Do you ever get hormonal,
overtired? What is your breaking point? Do you have one?

Ooooh! Can we found a Bad Mothers' Club of mkp?

I mean, I know I don't really qualify as yet because I don't yet have a
baby but am still at the stage of planning how I'm going to take care of
him once he arrives, which means that naturally I'm still a perfect
mother who does everything right. But I definitely plan _not_ to
co-sleep. And even though I do plan to wear him, it's only because it
looks like fun and probably easier than having to pick him up all the
time - as far as I'm concerned, if I find I'm too tired wearing him then
straight into the carseat he goes. And my breaking point? Probably the
first night I have to get up for night feeds. Oh, and I'm totally
clueless about sewing and not much better at cooking. Do I qualify for
the Bad Mothers' Club yet?

I don't wear DD. She amuses herself a lot under a playgym. In fact, I

don't
even think she likes me because she cries and struggles when I pick her

up
sometimes.

I doubt if that's personal. She probably just finds the playgym more
interesting. I can see why a baby would find a playgym more interesting
than me, since I don't have any dangly brightly-coloured bits, so maybe
we'll find the same thing once we have ours.

She cries herself to sleep a lot, in her own room.

From reading your other thread, it sounds as if this is what suits her -
I mean, it sounds as if she's one of those babies who has to do a bit of
wind-down crying just to get to sleep and would actually get more
overtired and upset if you _didn't_ put her down.

I tell her off
when she bites me.

Good - that way she'll learn not to do it & you can keep breastfeeding
for longer.

She has cat hair in her nappy, and sometimes in her
mouth.

That's nice - she'll learn about different textures.

She doesn't get enough tummy-time,

Enough for what?

so she's starting to crawl upside
down.

She's starting to crawl at only three and a half months? You've got an
advanced baby!

She would rather watch TV, at three & a half months, than look at us.

Well, you could always try standing inside a giant cardboard box acting
out soap opera scenes, & see whether that helps.....

I can't/won't cook nor bake - the other mothers at my coffee group

thought
my scones were biscuits.

If you can produce something that looks and tastes like biscuits, you're
doing more cooking than me. Can I visit?

I don't do sewing either.

Me neither. Well, actually, I did manage to sew a button back onto my
maternity trousers a couple of months ago. Only took me three tries to
get it right, as well. So I'm very proud of myself and figure I can
rest on my laurels for a while. Does this disqualify me from being a
Bad Mothers' Club member?

Actually, I don't do much
of anything.

Yup, this bit does sound like me.

I am frequently hormonal and irrational, and constantly
contradict myself. I don't make a lot of sense most of the time, even to

me.

Ditto. Well, except for the hormonal bit - I don't get hormonal, it's
just my normal personality.

At least she's breast-fed and side-slept, so she'll have a good immune
system and a nice shaped head when she starts therapy.

There ya go - what more do you need?

All the best,

Sarah

--
"I once requested an urgent admission for a homeopath who had become

depressed
and taken a massive underdose" - Phil Peverley

Old October 21st 04, 10:56 PM
Irrational Number

Mum of Two wrote:

I've forgotten to buckle her into her carseat, twice.

Once for me.

I've used a baby wipe
twice because it only had pee on it,

You don't need to wipe if it's only pee and there
are no other problems (sores, rashes, etc.). I
just swap diapers if it's just pee, no wiping.
Saves a lot of time.

-- Anita --

Old October 21st 04, 10:59 PM
Tori M.

"Mum of Two" wrote in message
I've forgotten to buckle her into her carseat, twice.

I did that! When Bonnie was in her carrier I used to pad it with a blanket
for when we were not in the car.. Once or twice I went to undo her from the
seat after a car trip and realized she was just laying on a blanket not
buckled in! Scared the poop out of me!

Tori

--
Bonnie 3/20/02
Xavier Hanging in by a rib Due 10/??/04

Old October 21st 04, 11:06 PM
Sophie

Okay, I think I can sort of understand that. I know I had no desire to
watch
my kids come out in the mirror or anything like that--I'd just rather not
*see* how big that opening can get even if I know by looking at my babies
that it must be pretty darn big g!

Still, babies are meant to come out of vaginas. And once you've given

birth
vaginally, I think most of the squick factor over all the stretching

pretty
well goes away. You know it goes back where it came from g!
--
Be well, Barbara
Mom to Sin (Vernon, 2), Misery (Aurora, 5), and the Rising Son (Julian, 7)

Don't care, don't care, don't care. Didn't want them comin' outta there and
I'm glad they didn't

Old October 21st 04, 11:13 PM
Mum of Two

"Sophie" wrote in message

Only 4 kids and no career.

_Only_ 4! lol...
I bet all 4 are pretty happy though, as you are psychic you probably have a
knack of knowing what they want, instead of stuffing a boob in their mouths
when they're tired and making them vomit ;-)

She cries herself to sleep a lot, in her own room. I tell her off
when she bites me. She has cat hair in her nappy, and sometimes in her
mouth. She doesn't get enough tummy-time, so she's starting to crawl

upside
down. She would rather watch TV, at three & a half months, than look at

us.

Since this part says "she" I assume you mean the 3 month old. In that

case,
I don't think she should be crying alone in her room. Why is she biting
you? Ick on the cat hair - that happens at my parents' house, hate it.

She cries alone in her room because I can't stand being shrieked at. It
gives me a headache. See everything I do is for my own convenience, not her
well-being. I suspect she bites because she isn't getting what she wants,
whether it's sleep, play, whatever. She gets boob because you can give boob
and still watch telly/eat/use the computer. So she bites. Sometimes she
pulls a face as though it tastes funny, so I probably eat the wrong stuff
too. She screws up her face and cries if I say, "No! Be gentle" and pull
away or yell. My parents have dog hair, so by comparison the cat hair
doesn't seem so bad. I don't mind dogs in general, but not the dog that this
hair comes from. At least the cats clean themselves (except for one of our
disgusting cats who came inside covered in blood after killing some poor
creature, and jumped on DD's cardies and got blood on them. It took a lot of
soaking to get that out).

Actually, I don't do much
of anything. I am frequently hormonal and irrational, and constantly
contradict myself. I don't make a lot of sense most of the time, even to

me.

Obviously that doesn't make sense to me - lol. What do you mean you don't
do much of anything - since this seems to be a homemaker/mother vent, I'm
guesing you mean cleaning. Personally I look around my house and think

"if
anyone stopped by, would I be embarrassed?". All kinds of cleaning

things
are in wipe form now. I use dry and wet Swiffers, a Swiffer duster, wipes
for the counters (kitchen and bathrooms), and windows. Easy peasy.

They tend to be fairly expensive though. And there are things they don't
solve, like the pile of towels on the lounge floor bigger than Mt. Fuji that
I should have folded and put away days ago. I did discover a cool invention
yesterday though, care of FIL - cistern blocks. You put them in the toilet
cistern and never have to scrub again, unless DH leaves skid-marks. They
must have had me in mind.

Also with my husband away (PLEASE don't reply with "gee I don't know how

you
do it") I try to make sure we don't look like we're on the verge of

becoming
the Andrea Yates family.
As long as everyone is fed, clean, and alive at the end of the day, I did

good job.

With four kids, husband around or no - sometimes they're more trouble than
help - I'd say you did a good job too :-)
Thanks Sophie.

Old October 21st 04, 11:14 PM
Mum of Two

"Buzzy Bee" wrote in message
On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 00:03:48 -0700, "Jenrose"
wrote:

We don't have dust bunnies. They're older. They're bigger. They're Dust
Mastodons.

You know you're in trouble when the dustbunnies on the stairs start
playing with the cats, rather than the other way around ;-)

Megan
housework slob

LOL Megan :-D

Old October 21st 04, 11:20 PM
Mum of Two

"Irrational Number" wrote in message
ink.net...

You don't need to wipe if it's only pee and there
are no other problems (sores, rashes, etc.). I
just swap diapers if it's just pee, no wiping.
Saves a lot of time.

Really? I didn't want to own up to that one in RL.

Old October 21st 04, 11:24 PM
Mum of Two

"Tori M." wrote in message

"Mum of Two" wrote in message
I've forgotten to buckle her into her carseat, twice.

I did that! When Bonnie was in her carrier I used to pad it with a blanket
for when we were not in the car.. Once or twice I went to undo her from

the
seat after a car trip and realized she was just laying on a blanket not
buckled in! Scared the poop out of me!

Same here. I think I was really tired at the time. The stupid thing is, I'd
made real sure that the carseat was buckled into the car, with the safety
clip and all, and she wasn't even buckled into the seat! I tried to hide the
fact from MIL, I felt sure she'd think I was the worst Mum in the world.
One of the women in my coffee group has a daughter who's 7 and has just had
another baby. With her first daughter, she was carrying her round in her
baby capsule when she was less than two weeks old if I remember right, and
had forgotten to buckle her in. She somehow dropped her out on the concrete.
The baby was fine, the mother wasn't. It really screwed her up for a while,
understandably.

Old October 21st 04, 11:25 PM
Vicky Bilaniuk

Amy, I don't think you're a bad parent at all. You love your baby and
you're doing your best. Way to go!
Old October 21st 04, 11:29 PM
Ericka Kammerer

Mum of Two wrote:

See? You're being right again, in a perfectly logical way ;-) Can you post
and be wrong and illogical occasionally? It would make me feel better.

Sorry, no can do, it's a character flaw ;-)

My downfalls are getting bitchy under stress and being
a control freak and a pack rat ;-)

Best wishes,
Ericka