The Ty Pennington Story

Old September 25th 06, 06:54 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health
PeterB

Default The Ty Pennington Story

Vernon wrote:
"PeterB" wrote in message
oups.com...

JohnDoe wrote:
Vernon wrote:

"Janna Hoskin" wrote in message

Rich wrote:

"Rich" wrote in message
. ..

"Vernon" athere@athere wrote in message
s.com...

"Mark Probert" wrote in message

David Wright wrote:

In article ,
Vernon athere@athere wrote:

"Mark Probert" wrote in message

http://www.adderallxr.com/ty/ty_story/

The entire site is just about the most ignorant presentation I
have
ever seen.

As someone who has actually had some training in psychology or
behavioral science,

You're not sure which?

He skipped that class.

Behavioral science IS psychology and V.V.
Take some drugs or have a drink or a dozen.

I used both terms because there are some here who open their mouth
with
no education and I just identified two of them.

Okay, wise one. Tell us the difference between "punishment" and
"negative reinforcement" as defined by Dr. Skinner. Quickly now; you
lose points if you take time to look it up on the internet. If you
indeed studied the subject, the answer should be already in mind.

Too late, Vern. Either you didn't know, or you weren't paying
attention.
I really don't believe you have any education in behavioral science OR
psychology. You're just blowing smoke, as usual.

Oh, hey, if Vern never gets back to you on that question, can I answer?
know it!

(And I have a psych degree and have worked as a behavioural therapist
with
autistic children, and I take medication for my ADHD.)

Well, good, so you keep yourself drugged.
So you work with people who charge money to play games.

After getting a degree and finding out the nonsense that Psychologists
spout
(no stats to back them up), the dishonesty and typically the general
ignorance, I decided to go into Physics (not much opportunity except in
teaching) and then changed to Engineering.

That's 2 PhD's at most. Where are the other ones you told us about
Vernon? You know, the ones that made you 'dominant scientist' somewhere,
helped you invent magnetic tape, got you in top position at NASA, helped
you overhaul the complete production procedures at Intel etc. And where
did you find the time to learn to speak German? Oh yeah, that's right,
you don't speak German.

I guess you have little choice but to attack those infinitely more
intelligent than you. I mean, what choice do you have?

At the risk of being politically incorrect in these times of "terror"
There is an Arabic saying.

He who knows and knows not that he knows is asleep, awaken him
He who knows and knows that he knows is wise, follow him.
He who knows not and knows that he knows not is simple, teach him
He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool shun him.

Guess which one John Doe resembles.

Anyway, I'm not going to apologize to a fool for being obsessed with
learning.
The fool can't even figure out what I said. (I said NONE of his claims)
Fools are easily confused and often just plain lie.

Johnboy is just another keyboard banger waiting for fellow monkeys to
kick it with.

Old September 25th 06, 06:54 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health
Mark Probert

PeterB wrote:
Rich wrote:
"Sumbuny" wrote in message
"Vernon" athere@athere wrote in message
m...
"Sumbuny" wrote in message

"Mark Probert" wrote in message
http://www.adderallxr.com/ty/ty_story/
No surprise there...I suspected he was ADHD since he was on "Trading
Spaces"...the fact that he "came out" about it was brave, since so
many who have it do not want other to know about it, fearing that it
will harm their careers...a shame, really.

--
Buny

" Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to
be normal."
~ Albert Camus

Most who have the imaginary "it" don't know they have "it" and just
get on with their lives knowing that no two people are alike and
REFUSE to take drugs to become an automon or programmed personality
that fits some imaginary standard.

Yep, there are people who ACTUALLY like who they are. Then there are
the druggies and alcoholics.
Perfect example...if I said I had ADHD, would you say the same thing
about me as well?

--
Buny
If you said it, you would be wrong, absolutely convinced and possibly

What an incredibly stupid comment! First of all, the article is about
instructing children who HAVE ADHD, not instructing children ABOUT ADHD.
(More evidence of your poor reading comprehension skills.) Second, teachers
are very much in the business of instructing children about anything and
everything, and certainly ADHD is a subject that children should know more
about, since they are interacting daily with ADHD fellow students. Third,
YOU have no business telling teachers what they should teach.

Pu-leeze. The only medical issues that teachers should be talking to
children about are those relating to the approved curriculum, not an
"amphetakids" commercial from the drug makers designed to turn every
kid into an addict.

Petey, can you read? The URL posted by Buny is an excellent summation of
teching strategies and skills for the instruction of all children.
Nowhere does that article address teaching kids ABOUT the disorder.

HOWEVER, considering that kids with the disorder are often ostracized,
bullied and tormented, teaching children about why others act
differently is something that a teacher should do. Oftentimes, school is
the one place in a child's life where they are meeting people who are
different from them.

Old September 25th 06, 06:55 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health
Mark Probert

PeterB wrote:
Mark Probert wrote:
PeterB wrote:
Mark Probert wrote:
Vernon wrote:
"Mark Probert" wrote in message
http://www.adderallxr.com/ty/ty_story/
The entire site is just about the most ignorant presentation I have
ever seen.
From you, Vernon, that means that it has something valid to say.
No, it means I have seen a lot of trash and a lot of cons. I recognize
them right away.

As someone who has actually had some training in psychology or
behavioral science,
Was that before or after youbecame a rocket scientist/high ranking
government official, bgtween your eighth and ninth careers?
Before AND during.

I can say that it is an excellent illustration of sick science and
a money making scam.
Sure it is...

UNBELIEVABLE that people get sucked into that trash.
Imagine that a person is sucked in because they want to adequately
function in society.
Oh, boy.

Drugs are the answer to everything.
Where did I say that? There is no question that proper medication can
help.
Some Meds CHANGE behavior. Those meds are classed as drugs. Alcohol is in
the same class.

It makes as much sense as a parent joining a certain Islam sect and
strapping dynamite to their kids and telling them they are expected to
take some dogs with them. THEY absolutely believe the nonsense. There
is no logic to change their mind.
That is an absurd analogy.
See above answer.

When in doubt use drugs or alcohol. You will have a lot of believers and
get a lot of sympathy.
Where did I say anything about alcohol? Medications are to be used when
appropriate.
To the people who decide they can't cope or are TAUGHT that they can't cope,
alcohol is one of the answers. Alcohol dependancy IS drug dependancy and
V.V.

The analagy is precisely right on.
There is no logic to change their mind.
Nope. The analogy sucks.
Like I said; There is no logic to change their mind.

Absolutely pitiful.

How can ANY intelligent person, even without training fall for that,
except to use as a failure excuse.
Of course it is / was on T.V. and there is little or no intellect
there.
I didn't mention the completely misleading and thus nefarious presentation
in their little "test".
The two giveaway traits in the "test" we
1. The completely ambiguous choices, never or seldom, sometimes, often, very
often. The same activity to different people would result in totally
different answers. Once a year to some would be never and others often.

2. Take this to your Doctor. ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
I showed the test to four different doctors in four different fields and
they couldn't believe the stupidity of the test and especially couldn't
believe that any respectable doctor would even bother to take it seriously.

ADHD: Poor little me, I can't cope.
I'm fed up with my kid and I'm going to drug it. Alcohol is frowned upon,
so I'll find a sympathetic (nefarious) Doctor and get a drug.
I don't know why they don't call Ritalin "Amphetakids," it would sell
even better.
When it is commonly prescribed as a generic...absurd.
"AmphetaKids" can be trademarked, you should mention it to your
sponsors.

Asshole.

Moron.
Dolt.

From you, thanks for the compliment.

My pleasure.

Yes, I consider the source and react appropriately.
Old September 25th 06, 06:59 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health
PeterB

Mark Probert wrote:
PeterB wrote:
Mark Probert wrote:
PeterB wrote:
Mark Probert wrote:
Vernon wrote:
"Mark Probert" wrote in message
http://www.adderallxr.com/ty/ty_story/
The entire site is just about the most ignorant presentation I have
ever seen.
From you, Vernon, that means that it has something valid to say.
[...]

From you, thanks for the compliment.

My pleasure.

Yes, I consider the source and react appropriately.

Action beats reaction.

Old September 25th 06, 07:06 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health
Mark Probert

PeterB wrote:
Mark Probert wrote:
PeterB wrote:
Mark Probert wrote:
PeterB wrote:
Mark Probert wrote:
Vernon wrote:
"Mark Probert" wrote in message
http://www.adderallxr.com/ty/ty_story/
The entire site is just about the most ignorant presentation I have
ever seen.
From you, Vernon, that means that it has something valid to say.
[...]

From you, thanks for the compliment.
My pleasure.

Yes, I consider the source and react appropriately.

Action beats reaction.

So, you are non-Newtonian.
Old September 25th 06, 07:47 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health
vernon

PeterB wrote:
"Sumbuny" wrote in message

[...]

Sure, teach them that "those" people are not normal. They are "different".

I was different. Often the neat (jocks) people would try to make fun. BUT
since I was never told I was a "sicko" needing drugs, I survived. It wasn't
long before whenever I went into a classroom at the beginning of a semester
in H.S. , I would be immediately surrounded by girls and some other "nerds".
Of course they have just finished a study showing that girls mentally mature
earlier than boys. I had several things going FOR, (note; FOR), me, all the
way through college.
1. I was never quiet in class.
2. I fidgeted
3. I always became teacher's pet.
4. I seldom did my homework and teachers would berate me public
5. I always got the highest or near highest grades on exams.
6. The few times the jocks got physical, they found out that I worked in a
vegetable store carrying 100lb sacks of various foods for three hours 7 days
a week.
7. The only time I got really special treatment from teachers was gym
teachers who kept me away from other students and eventually said I should
be excused from gym because I obviously didn't need it. Of course that gave
me opportunity to take other classes.
8. I always got asked to dances BY girls. (I could dance) (I learned
because I walked funny when I was four or five and my mother sent me to
dance school and continued until I was 11.)
9. I never drank or smoked until 21. Never drank on my own. I was served
wine and beer at home, regularly, and was told stories about people who were
dumb enough to get drunk.
9. I was kidded because there was always a crowd of girls around my locker.

I was so abnormal, I really should have been on some meds. "GEEEE, He's
different" "Zap him" "WE can't have a child like that"

Old September 25th 06, 08:27 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health
Raving Beauty

Vernon wrote:
"Raving Beauty" wrote in message
ups.com...

Vernon wrote:
"Jan Drew" wrote in message
m...

"Vernon" athere@athere wrote in message
m...

"Linda Gore" wrote in message
ink.net...

Rumsfield?

No, Mark Probert.

Pharmaceutical Marketeers stock reply to anyone who dares to point
out
there's no scientific basis for their assertion the so-called
symptoms
of ADHD are a genetically transmitted mental disorder----is "the
absense
of evidence isn't evidence of absence"

Fuzzy Logic is used to defend the US War on Children---same as Fuzzy
Logic was employed by Rumsfield to defend the US unilateral war
against
Iraq.

You wouldn't know what the term "fuzzy logic" means.

You associate fuzzy with that wet feeling between your legs.

Tell us again how many Christian colleges you went to, Vernon.

Perhaps it is time to go back.
Of course it is exacerbated by hate and more hate. Don't worry, there
are a lot of people who get excited through masochistic and sadistic
fantasies.

When you get an education try not to read any of your past writings.
You
will be embarrassed.

And you?

I answered a direct accusation wherein the accusation was based on
ignorance
and HATE.

You are confused.

Bush/Rumsfeld fabricated non-existing Iraqi Weapons of Mass Destruction
as an excuse to send the sons and daughters of Nevada to their death in
Iraq.

Drug Pushers like Probert fabricate a non-existing genetically
transmitted neurobiological disease to excuse the drugging of millions
of US children.

Whenever anyone points out to drug pushers like Probert that scientists
have NEVER produced a shred of evidence supporting the drug pushers
assertion that the symptomology of ADHD is a genetically inherited
brain based disease ---the drug pushers ALWAYS reply--"-the absense of
evidence isn't evidence of absence" , IOW, the same reply Rumsfeld
made when no weapons of mass destruction were found in Iraq.

Having what to do with what.

grrrrr

There's not a shred of scientific evidence supporting Pharmaceutical
Marketeers claim that the symptoms of ADHD are a genetically inherited
neurobiological condition.

Pharmaceutical Marketeers, like Probert, defend their making
delusional claims that are contradicted by a huge body of scientific
evidence on the basis of *absense of evidence isn't evidence of
absence*.

Likewise, there was NEVER any evidence supporting Bush/Rumfeld's
claim that Iraq had Weapons of Mass Destruction.

Bush/Rumsfeld defended their delusional claim wrt Iraq WMD,
contradicted by mountains of evidence, on the basis of the *absence
of evidence is not evidence of evidence*.

When Jan asked where she heard Probert's distorted thoughts before
-----I jokingly suggested *Rumsfeld* because Probert's distorted
thinking is the same sort of distorted thinking engaged in by the war
criminals residing at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

snip----BIZARRE commentary having no connection to anything I, or
Senator Reid said.

..

Old September 25th 06, 08:50 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health
Linda Gore

Vernon wrote:
"Raving Beauty" wrote in message
ups.com...

Vernon wrote:
m...

"Linda Gore" wrote in message
[...]

Oops!

S/B "absense of evidence is not evidence of absence"

.

Old September 25th 06, 09:06 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health
Jan Drew

"Vernon" athere@athere wrote in message
m...

"Raving Beauty" wrote in message
ups.com...

Vernon wrote:
m...

"Linda Gore" wrote in message
[...]

Your report is the fabrication.

FYI There has NEVER been a higher voluntary reinlistment that by those IN
IRAQ.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2006/0...t_n_23164.html

huffington? ha ha ha ha ha ha another way of spelling hate oportunist.

Drug Pushers like Probert fabricate a non-existing genetically
transmitted neurobiological disease to excuse the drugging of millions
of US children.

Whenever anyone points out to drug pushers like Probert that scientists
have NEVER produced a shred of evidence supporting the drug pushers
assertion that the symptomology of ADHD is a genetically inherited
brain based disease ---the drug pushers ALWAYS reply--"-the absense of
evidence isn't evidence of absence" , IOW, the same reply Rumsfeld
made when no weapons of mass destruction were found in Iraq.

Having what to do with what.
No fabrications were made.
YOU, in your ignorance, think they are so stupid as to start a war if they
knew ahead of time that no WMDs would be found.
Just because you are stupid and apparently all your friends are stupid
does not mean the people in Washington are stupid. I may not agree with
the rhetoric or decisions there, but they are NOT as stupid as you are.
That is why you are a nothing.

The ONLY thing you and your friends know is HATE, and more HATE and more
HATE.
If you want to find out how we got where we are, check the workings of
Jimmy Carter. Three presidents couldn't repair the damage. I don't say
that because he was in the Democratic Party. Clinton recognized it and
tried to repair the damage.

What is your next ranting? Carl Rove is the reason for e-coli on
spinach???? He did visit California.

You are not ranting? Whew!

Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall
be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but
considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Or how wilt thou say to
thy brother, Let me pull the mote out of thine eye; and behold, a beam is in
thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye;
and then shalt thou see clearly to cast the mote out of thy brother's eye."

Matthew 12:37 For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you
will be condemned.

Old September 25th 06, 10:20 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health
vernon

Vernon wrote:
"Raving Beauty" wrote in message
ups.com...

Vernon wrote:
m...

"Linda Gore" wrote in message
[...]

First of all there isn't a shred of evidence that it is a neurobiological
condition.
Maybe stupidity is genetic.

Pharmaceutical Marketeers, like Probert, defend their making
delusional claims that are contradicted by a huge body of scientific
evidence on the basis of *absense of evidence isn't evidence of
absence*.

Likewise, there was NEVER any evidence supporting Bush/Rumfeld's
claim that Iraq had Weapons of Mass Destruction.

Correct, after the fact and they believed what everyone else beleived.

Bush/Rumsfeld defended their delusional claim wrt Iraq WMD,
contradicted by mountains of evidence, on the basis of the *absence
of evidence is not evidence of evidence*.

They had what ALL considered evidence INCLUDING the recent history of SADAM.

Wrong decision? Maybe. Contrived? They are smarter than that.

Review: Dreamer: Inspired by a True Story (**) Steve Rhodes General 0 October 18th 05 11:21 PM
eScrew [email protected] Pregnancy 0 December 20th 04 11:07 AM
MMR - SCIENCE AND FICTION": the Richard Horton story john Kids Health 1 October 11th 04 09:47 PM
Review: Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story (***) Steve Rhodes General 0 June 16th 04 01:02 AM
Birth story: very late and *extremely* long Sidheag McCormack Pregnancy 14 December 13th 03 08:37 PM