Catharina Svanborg

Old May 29th 07, 09:09 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy,sci.med.immunology,sci.med.nursing,uk.people.health
john

Default Catharina Svanborg

The immunologist (Catharina Svanborg) had logged hundreds of lab hours
documenting ways in which human milk helps babies fight infections.
Breast-feeding protects babies from cancer, but no one knows quite how. So
when biologists in Catharina Svanborg's lab saw mothers' milk kill cancer
cells, they knew they were onto something big.
http://www.whale.to/v/svanborg_h.html

Old May 29th 07, 03:23 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy,sci.med.immunology,sci.med.nursing,uk.people.health
Bryan Heit

JOHN wrote:
The immunologist (Catharina Svanborg) had logged hundreds of lab hours
documenting ways in which human milk helps babies fight infections.
Breast-feeding protects babies from cancer, but no one knows quite how. So
when biologists in Catharina Svanborg's lab saw mothers' milk kill cancer
cells, they knew they were onto something big.
http://www.whale.to/v/svanborg_h.html

Wow, whale.to has finally produced an article on reputable science.

Oh, wait.

Its plagiarized.

Oops, my bad.

Bryan
Old May 30th 07, 04:39 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy,sci.med.immunology,sci.med.nursing,uk.people.health
john

"Bryan Heit" wrote in message

Its plagiarized.

Oops, my bad.

Bryan

That isn't plagarism you moron, and try and dream up some other argument, as
copyright or plagarism aint an argument

Old May 30th 07, 04:41 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy,sci.med.immunology,sci.med.nursing,uk.people.health
john

"Bryan Heit" wrote in message

Wow, whale.to has finally produced an article on reputable science.

Oh, wait.

Its plagiarized.

Oops, my bad.

Bryan

PS: just another one of your allopathic industry ways of making money from
sick children--promoting bottle feeding or turning a blind eye to its
dangers (same thing)

but then it would be another nail in your vaccine and other drug coffin

Old May 30th 07, 10:32 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy,sci.med.immunology,sci.med.nursing,uk.people.health
Bryan Heit

JOHN wrote:
"Bryan Heit" wrote in message

Wow, whale.to has finally produced an article on reputable science.

Oh, wait.

Its plagiarized.

Oops, my bad.

Bryan

PS: just another one of your allopathic industry ways of making money from
sick children--promoting bottle feeding or turning a blind eye to its
dangers (same thing)

but then it would be another nail in your vaccine and other drug coffin

Bottle feeding (by which I expect you mean formula) hasn't been promoted
in decades. Its well established that breast milk is best, with the odd
exception. Maybe you should update your "knowledge" of medicine to
stuff post-1980's...

Bryan
Old May 30th 07, 10:39 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy,sci.med.immunology,sci.med.nursing,uk.people.health
Bryan Heit

JOHN wrote:
"Bryan Heit" wrote in message
Its plagiarized.

Oops, my bad.

Bryan

That isn't plagarism

Copyright infringement then. Some how I doubt that you have permission
of the periodical or author to reproduce their work on your webpage,
and/or have you paid for licensing of said material. Although many
nations do have fair-use laws, even the most liberal laws (i.e. my
countries) do now allow for wholesale reproduction and distribution.

Off hand I can think of numerous international treaty obligations (i.e.
they would be laws in your country) you're breaking here - copyright
infringement, plagiarism, and illegal distribution and reproduction of
copyright material. I'm sure your country has several more you're also
breaking. Maybe someone should send a note to Science News and
Discovery magazine, and see what their legal departments think of your
illegal actions...

Bryan
Old May 31st 07, 03:18 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy,sci.med.immunology,sci.med.nursing,uk.people.health
john

"Bryan Heit" wrote in message

Bottle feeding (by which I expect you mean formula) hasn't been promoted
in decades. Its well established that breast milk is best, with the odd
exception. Maybe you should update your "knowledge" of medicine to stuff
post-1980's...

Bryan

that's the speil but the reality is outlined in these quotes:
"Early in my own pediatric training I was taught that if a mother questioned
whether she should breastfeed or bottlefeed, the proper answer is: "The
decision is strictly up to you; I will assist you in whatever method you
decide to use."--Dr Mendelsohn MD

"I accused doctors of still failing to give women detailed information about
the immunological benefits to babies of breastmilk, at which point the only
woman paediatrician got very upset at me, and said that was a mother's
choice, just like abortion. I looked her square in the face and asked if she
had children, and her answer was "Yes" I then raised my eyebrows and "Who
you bottlefed, right?" She instantly got up and left. I think the unspoken
implications got through loud and clear."--Hilary Butler

and the docs take money off bottle feeding manufacturers.

AMERICAN COLLEGE OF OBSTETRICS AND GYNECOLOGY
http://www.cspinet.org/integrity/cor...l#universities
"Received $548,000 from two of the four major formula makers in 1993."
(Mothering magazine, July-August 2000, p.60)

AMERICAN ACADEMY OF PEDIATRICS
http://www.cspinet.org/integrity/corp_funding.html
"Friends of Children Fund" Annual Report, July 1, 1996 - June 30, 1997,
indicates $2.085 million in funding from corporations. Donors include
Procter & Gamble, Gerber, Infant Formula Council, McNeil Consumer Products
Company, National Cattlemen's Beef Association, Johnson & Johnson Consumer
Products, Abbott Laboratories, Wyeth-Lederle Vaccine & Pediatrics, Mead
Johnson Nutritionals, SmithKline Beecham Pharmaceuticals, Schering Corp.,
Rhone-Poulenc Rorer, Food Marketing Institute, Sugar Association,
International Food Information Council, Merck Vaccine Division, and others.
Also gets foundation support (RWJ, Pew, etc.).
Formula manufacturers "donate $1 million annually to the American Academy
of Pediatrics in the form of a renewable grant that has already netted the
AAP $8 million. The formula industry also contributed at least $3 million
toward the building costs of the AAP headquarters." (Mothering magazine,
July-August, p.60; refers to a book Milk, Money and Madness by Naomi
Baumslag and Dia L. Michels (Westport, Conn.: Bergin and Garvey, 1995, p.
172))

and if the powers that be have a rats ass about babies they would make baby
milk export illegal, but it helps thin out the useless eaters

"I saw mother after mother in the paediatric wards, head in hands, crying
beside the cribs where their babies lay, malnourished, dehydrated, sick from
Bottle Baby Disease. It doesn't need to happen. A decade ago we knew the
truth about irresponsible marketing of infant formula. Allowing the
companies to continue these practices is an inexcusable outrage of humanity,
if not outright criminality." Janice Mantell, Action for Corporate
Accountability (USA) http://www.mcspotlight.org/beyond/nestle.html

Old May 31st 07, 09:39 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy,sci.med.immunology,sci.med.nursing,uk.people.health
Bryan Heit

Wow, that's amazing - conspiracies everywhere! Yep, good thing we've
got tabloids & anti-mcdonalds organizations to keep us safe.

Or maybe you're just paranoid. Although I've obviously never met the
pediatricians in your country, up here every pediatrician I've met is
the opposite of the ones you describe. Hell, the maternity ward in my
hospital is covered in these posters:

http://www.infactcanada.ca/1st_poster1.htm
http://www.infactcanada.ca/images/WBW-2006-Poster1.jpg

Oh, and then their is the Canadian Pediatrics Society's official policy:

http://www.caringforkids.cps.ca/babi...astfeeding.htm

Strangely enough, its identical to the American Academy of Pediatrics
official policy - you know, the organization you just placed at the
center of this vast conspiracy:

http://www.aap.org/breastfeeding/

Amazing how reality differs from your little fantasy world.

Bryan
Old June 1st 07, 08:35 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy,sci.med.immunology,sci.med.nursing,uk.people.health
john

"Bryan Heit" wrote in message
Wow, that's amazing - conspiracies everywhere! Yep, good thing we've got
tabloids & anti-mcdonalds organizations to keep us safe.

Yeah yeah, the conspiracy-paranoid argument, that is ad hominem

so the aap don't take money off them?

Old June 1st 07, 08:51 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy,sci.med.immunology,sci.med.nursing,uk.people.health
john

"Bryan Heit" wrote in message

Bottle feeding (by which I expect you mean formula) hasn't been promoted
in decades. Its well established that breast milk is best, with the odd
exception. Maybe you should update your "knowledge" of medicine to stuff
post-1980's...

"Its well established that breast milk is best"

Yeah, maybe you should give them the real story--- how many parents know the
death rate for bottlefed kids is twice that of breast, and that it cuts
cot-death dramatically, to zero if not vaccinated? And it saved my kids
life when he got e coli. How many know it developes a healthy emotional
developement?

So breast is best is just cop out to show they told you something, and
covered their asses, but only 1% of the real story.

"Four out of five Norwegian infants are still breastfed at the age of six
months. Just one per cent of the infants were never breastfed. This is shown
by the first national survey on infantry nutrition in Norway.