videos for babies

Old August 8th 03, 05:29 AM
P. Tierney

Default videos for babies

"toypup" wrote in message
news:UpFYa.62344$Oz4.16221@rwcrnsc54...

"lynn" wrote in message
He never liked Baby Einstein at all.

Neither did DS. I personally don't know why anyone likes it, though if it
works, don't fix it. Anyway, it's just one big commercial for toy after

toy
after toy. At least I think that's the one we saw and my friend's house.
That was enough.

One is like that, and I think that the combination of music, colors,
visual stills, and movements have an appeal to many kids. Not all,
but many. And even fewer adults, but we aren't exactly the target
viewing audience. ;-) Some of the other videos that I've seen in
the series are different.

DS's first big video favorite was The Wiggles.

I don't think the Einstein videos are "commercials" for toys any more
than the Wiggles videos are commercials for their lunchboxes, live
action figures, sleeping bags, CDs, and live shows, among the many
other things that they sell. It's two sides of the same coin, imo.

P.
Tierney

Old August 8th 03, 02:19 PM
Wendy Marsden

meg wrote:
Am looking for Mom (or dad) recommendations on videos for babies. I
have a seven month old and am looking for something fun and educations
that would allow me to run and get a shower. What do your babies like?

Music videos like Raffi in Concert was the only thing that would get my
young baby's attention. Sometimes one of my exercise videos. My older
kids work out to "Swamp Stomp" and the baby used to watch that.

Wendy
Old August 8th 03, 09:02 PM
toypup

"P. Tierney" wrote in message
et...

"toypup" wrote in message
et...

"P. Tierney" wrote in message
et...
I don't think the Einstein videos are "commercials" for toys any

more
than the Wiggles videos are commercials for their lunchboxes, live
action figures, sleeping bags, CDs, and live shows, among the many
other things that they sell. It's two sides of the same coin, imo.

I honestly haven't seen many Wiggles products in our stores around here.

know some exist, but I haven't seen but a few token items. Maybe they

are
more commercialized elsewhere or I'm just blind. Even if I did see

their
products everywhere, their videos are not commercials of any specific

toy,
whereas the Einstein video I saw was just scene after scene of actual

toys
you buy in the store.

Which isn't a commercial of any specific toy, or toys, which is the
standard
that you stated above.

No, it's a commercial for every specific toy shown, which is every single
scene. The entire thing is one long commercial for all their toys. That's
the problem I have with it.

Old August 8th 03, 10:18 PM
P. Tierney

"toypup" wrote in message
et...

"P. Tierney" wrote in message
et...

"toypup" wrote in message
et...

"P. Tierney" wrote in message
et...
[...]

It isn't, nor is it as simple as you are trying to make it, but I
addressed
some of the finer points in the rest of my post and you chose not to respond
to them, which is fine.

A commercial is a "paid advertisement on television or radio", by
definition.
What you are calling it does not match the definition of the word. They
were
not paid to put those items in their video just as Sesame Street isn't
getting a
kickback from the goldfish industry for having Elmo's friend Dorothy be a
goldfish, as opposed to a cat or a dog.

P.
Tierney

Old August 9th 03, 03:59 AM
Laurie

meg wrote in message . ..
Am looking for Mom (or dad) recommendations on videos for babies. I
have a seven month old and am looking for something fun and educations
that would allow me to run and get a shower. What do your babies like?

Jessica enjoyed the baby Mozart video around that age, for a brief period of
time. Maybe 10 or 15 minutes. Baby bach is good for very young babies, too.

laurie
mommy to Jessica, 28 months
and Christopher, 16 weeks

*This email address is now valid*