Did the FDA knowingly approve a drug on the basis of a fraudulentstudy

Old January 29th 08, 06:01 PM posted to misc.health.alternative, sci.med.cardiology, misc.kids
bigvince

Default Did the FDA knowingly approve a drug on the basis of a fraudulentstudy

FDA investigators may be subpoenaed

By KEVIN FREKING, Associated Press Writer
Mon Jan 28, 5:46 PM ET

WASHINGTON - A congressional subcommittee wants to subpoena criminal
investigators at the Food and Drug Administration about their own
probe concerning the antibiotic Ketek, which has been linked to liver
failure.

For months, subcommittee leaders have alleged that the FDA approved
Ketek even though the agency knew the large safety study it required
before approval was fraught with data problems. A vote on issuing the
subpoenas is scheduled for Tuesday.

Ketek was approved in 2004 to treat respiratory tract infections,
bronchitis, sinusitis and community-acquired pneumonia. After
receiving reports of liver failure in patients treated with the drugs,
the FDA last February issued a black box warning -- its sternest -- and
restricted use to patients with pneumonia.

The subpoenas are needed to compel the testimony of Ann Marie
Cisneros, a clinical researcher who found fraudulent data in a Ketek
study, two current FDA investigators, Robert West and Douglas
Loveland, and one former investigator, Robert Ekey, said Reps. John
Dingell and Bart Stupak, both Michigan Democrats........

......The maker of Ketek, Sanofi-Aventis SA, acknowledges on its Web
site that one of the studies used to support approval of the drug was
marred by fraud. However, it said, Aventis did not become aware of the
fraud until after the study was submitted to the FDA. The agency has
also said there was no intention to deceive the public. It did not
know at that time that the entire study should not be relied
upon......"

Thanks vince
Old January 30th 08, 12:27 AM posted to misc.health.alternative, sci.med.cardiology, misc.kids
The One True Zhen Jue

On Jan 29, 12:01*pm, bigvince wrote:
FDA investigators may be subpoenaed

What does this have to do with Health Alternatives?

crickets chirping....
Old January 30th 08, 02:28 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,sci.med.cardiology,misc.kids
Peter Bowditch

The One True Zhen Jue wrote:

On Jan 29, 12:01*pm, bigvince wrote:
FDA investigators may be subpoenaed

What does this have to do with Health Alternatives?

crickets chirping....

It's highlighting the difference between real medicine and quackery.
In real medicine, people can be called to account for their actions if
those actions (or inactions) cause or can be perceived to cause harm.
No such control mechanism exists for quackery.

--
Peter Bowditch aa #2243
Australian Skeptics http://www.skeptics.com.au
To email me use my first name only at ratbags.com
Old January 30th 08, 06:21 AM posted to misc.health.alternative, sci.med.cardiology, misc.kids
rpautrey2

Antibiotic Alternatives! Preventive Medicine! Allopathy Is Toxic!
Dangers Of Prescription Antibiotics!
Orthodoxy Disables & Kills! The Fraud Of Clinical Trials! 95% Of
Antibiotic Prescriptions Are Unnecessary!
Etc.,Etc.,Etc.!
PA

Old January 30th 08, 04:47 PM posted to misc.health.alternative, sci.med.cardiology, misc.kids
[email protected]

wrote:

On Jan 29, 12:01*pm, bigvince wrote:

FDA investigators may be subpoenaed

What does this have to do with Health Alternatives?- Hide quoted text -

You are quite correct PA.

The first lie of the allopathic quacks is that they believe that it is
possible to poison the sick into getting well with "medicines."

The next lie of the allopathic quacks is that vaccines are "safe and
effective" when the exact opposite is true.

The quackery of allopathy began with purging in the 1500s when the
quacks gave mercury "queck salvar" to patients to "purify' them. The
allopathic quacks have continued to do it ever since then.

DrCee
Old January 31st 08, 04:40 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,sci.med.cardiology,misc.kids
David Wright

wrote:

On Jan 29, 12:01*pm, bigvince wrote:

FDA investigators may be subpoenaed

What does this have to do with Health Alternatives?- Hide quoted text -

You are quite correct PA.

The first lie of the allopathic quacks is that they believe that it is
possible to poison the sick into getting well with "medicines."

The next lie of the allopathic quacks is that vaccines are "safe and
effective" when the exact opposite is true.

Hey, not-a-Dr-Cee, if vaccines don't work, how come measles and mumps
have essentially vanished from the US?

-- David Wright :: alphabeta at copper.net
"Without Bush, what will America's schoolchildren have to look down on?"
-- Bill Maher
Old January 31st 08, 12:12 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,sci.med.cardiology,misc.kids
D. C. Sessions

In message , David Wright wrote:

Hey, not-a-Dr-Cee, if vaccines don't work, how come measles and mumps
have essentially vanished from the US?

Improved sanitation. Well, that and they're now being called
something else as part of the massive cover up.

--
| Bogus as it might seem, people, this really is a deliverable |
| e-mail address. Of course, there isn't REALLY a lumber cartel. |

Iowa says untidy houses are NOT basis for removal Greegor Spanking 2 February 27th 07 09:28 PM
Iowa says untidy houses are NOT basis for removal Greegor Foster Parents 2 February 27th 07 09:28 PM
Feds Approve Unnecessary Cervical Cancer Vaccine That Will Make Drug Company Billions john Kids Health 25 August 6th 06 08:54 PM
No scientific basis. Kane Spanking 5 March 15th 04 04:44 AM
new book, novel, with major spanking explanations and basis LadySharon811 Spanking 0 March 6th 04 06:55 PM