Top 100 baby names in Ireland in 2003

Old May 19th 04, 11:40 PM
Iuil

Default Top 100 baby names in Ireland in 2003

For boys : Sean, Jack, Adam, Conor, James

For girls: Emma, Sarah, Aoife, Ciara, Katie

Full list (top 100) is at
http://www.cso.ie/publications/demog/babynames.pdf

Jean

Old May 20th 04, 01:13 AM
Nancy P

"Iuil" wrote in message

For boys : Sean, Jack, Adam, Conor, James

For girls: Emma, Sarah, Aoife, Ciara, Katie

Full list (top 100) is at
http://www.cso.ie/publications/demog/babynames.pdf

How is that third girl name pronounced?

Nancy

Old May 20th 04, 03:37 AM
Jamie Clark

I asked this question just a few weeks ago. It's like Ava or Eva, but with
an F, so Afa or Efa. I think I have that right.
--

Jamie & Taylor
Earth Angel, 1/3/03

Check out Taylor Marlys -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest1,
Password: Guest
Password

Check out our Adoption Page at http://home.earthlink.net/~jamielee6

Old May 20th 04, 03:15 PM
Bóliath

Iuil wrote:

For boys : Sean, Jack, Adam, Conor, James

For girls: Emma, Sarah, Aoife, Ciara, Katie

Full list (top 100) is at
http://www.cso.ie/publications/demog/babynames.pdf

Jean

Go raibh maith agait.

Why Emma do you think? It's been top name for a while now...some B list
celeb I don't know about? Emma Bunting?

Old May 20th 04, 10:11 PM
Iuil

"Bóliath" wrote
Iuil wrote:

For boys : Sean, Jack, Adam, Conor, James

For girls: Emma, Sarah, Aoife, Ciara, Katie

Full list (top 100) is at
http://www.cso.ie/publications/demog/babynames.pdf

Jean

Go raibh maith agait.

Tá failte romhat.

Why Emma do you think? It's been top name for a while now...some B list
celeb I don't know about? Emma Bunting?

Probably because of Friends - Rachel's baby was called Emma. Chloe first
became popular a few years ago because of a character in an Aussie soap.

Jack originally hit the top because of Jack Charlton managing the football
team but I have no idea where Sean came from. It's been close to the top
for a couple of years now though.

Jean

Old May 21st 04, 05:26 PM
Bóliath

Iuil wrote:
"Bóliath" wrote
Iuil wrote:

For boys : Sean, Jack, Adam, Conor, James

For girls: Emma, Sarah, Aoife, Ciara, Katie

Full list (top 100) is at
http://www.cso.ie/publications/demog/babynames.pdf

Go raibh maith agait.

Tá failte romhat.

:c)

Why Emma do you think? It's been top name for a while now...some B list
celeb I don't know about? Emma Bunting?

Probably because of Friends - Rachel's baby was called Emma. Chloe first
became popular a few years ago because of a character in an Aussie soap.

Neighbours? Home & Away? Not another one surely - what is it with the
Aussie soaps? Theyve started showing Neighbours here in teh US now, I
watched it the other day and didn't know anyone

Jack originally hit the top because of Jack Charlton managing the football
team

Oh thats cute.

but I have no idea where Sean came from. It's been close to the top
for a couple of years now though.

I don't mind that so much, I took a good look at the list last night,
there are some odd ones in there, Jamie, Abby, Sophie, good to have to
avoid the top names - thanks!

Jean

Old May 21st 04, 09:18 PM
Iuil

"Bóliath" wrote
Why Emma do you think? It's been top name for a while now...some B list
celeb I don't know about? Emma Bunting?

Probably because of Friends - Rachel's baby was called Emma. Chloe

first
became popular a few years ago because of a character in an Aussie soap.

Neighbours? Home & Away? Not another one surely - what is it with the
Aussie soaps? Theyve started showing Neighbours here in teh US now, I
watched it the other day and didn't know anyone

Home & Away. They've still got a couple of the original cast left if you
ever get to have a look at it again. Personally, I always found the rapid
turnover of characters amusing to say the least.

I don't mind that so much, I took a good look at the list last night,
there are some odd ones in there, Jamie, Abby, Sophie, good to have to
avoid the top names - thanks!

Not a problem. I usually post it up every year.

Jean