Is this normal?

Old December 21st 03, 06:46 PM
Momof3

Default Is this normal?

I am just curious if this is normal or not. It seems that when I
am feeding my baby, I get extremely tired all of a sudden. It
happens not every time, but pretty frequently.

Has this happenned to anyone else?

Rochelle
Old December 21st 03, 06:47 PM
CY

Yep, completely and totally normal. Prolactin, released when nursing, is a
sleep inducing hormone. Works on baby too!

Old December 21st 03, 07:18 PM
toypup

"Momof3" wrote in message
I am just curious if this is normal or not. It seems that when I
am feeding my baby, I get extremely tired all of a sudden. It
happens not every time, but pretty frequently.

Has this happenned to anyone else?

Yes, it's awful. I used to fall asleep holding DS. It freaked me out
because I was afraid I'd drop him. I tried everything. I even BF'ed laying
down. He was so small, I had to prop his head on my upper arm so he could
latch. I never intended to fall asleep, but I woke up with him struggling
to get air. He was trapped in my armpit. Scared me to death. I tried
BF'ing in the recliner, so if I fell asleep, I wouldn't drop him and he
ended up sliding down my belly. Fortunately, DH was there. It's so scary.
I know it's the BF'ing that does it. I don't know how I'll cope with the
next one.

Old December 22nd 03, 09:56 PM
Stephanie and Tim

"Momof3" wrote in message
I am just curious if this is normal or not. It seems that when I
am feeding my baby, I get extremely tired all of a sudden. It
happens not every time, but pretty frequently.

Has this happenned to anyone else?

Rochelle

It happens pretty often for me. I figure, I usually try to sit down and take
a breather when I nurse. Kiss of death when you are working hard all day
long with the kid(s). I always attributed it to that.

Old December 22nd 03, 09:57 PM
Stephanie and Tim

"toypup" wrote in message

"Momof3" wrote in message
[...]

I fall asleep in the glider with the boppy all the time. It feels pretty
secure.

Old December 23rd 03, 12:12 AM
Irish Marie

"Momof3" wrote in message
I am just curious if this is normal or not. It seems that when I
am feeding my baby, I get extremely tired all of a sudden. It
happens not every time, but pretty frequently.

Has this happenned to anyone else?

Rochelle

Yep it's nice for me as I bf just in the mornings and evenings, I lie on the
bed as soon as I get home from work and bf DS and I drift into a lovely nap
:-)
--
Marie
Mum of 3

Old December 24th 03, 10:03 PM
Andrea

"Irish Marie" wrote in message

"Momof3" wrote in message
I am just curious if this is normal or not. It seems that when I
am feeding my baby, I get extremely tired all of a sudden. It
happens not every time, but pretty frequently.

Has this happenned to anyone else?

Rochelle

Yep it's nice for me as I bf just in the mornings and evenings, I lie on

the
bed as soon as I get home from work and bf DS and I drift into a lovely

nap
:-)
--
Marie
Mum of 3
DD born 03/98, DS1 born 11/99, DS2 born 08/03

I think a hormone is released to make you and baby relax. Moma natures way
of making sure you enjoy breastfeeding!

--
Andrea mom of 5 - latest addition Kamron David 6 months still nursing strong
with 2 teeth!

Old December 27th 03, 07:25 AM
Chookie

In article , Momof3
wrote:

I am just curious if this is normal or not. It seems that when I
am feeding my baby, I get extremely tired all of a sudden. It
happens not every time, but pretty frequently.

Has this happenned to anyone else?

Tired, or sleepy? Bfing produces a relaxing hormone which can mke you drift
off -- very convenient for night-time bfing!

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"Jeez; if only those Ancient Greek storytellers had known about the astonishing
creature that is the *Usenet hydra*: you cut off one head, and *a stupider one*
grows back..." -- MJ, cam.misc